Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Jan meeting 2010

2 posters

:: 1/10th :: F1

Go down

2nd Jan meeting 2010 Empty 2nd Jan meeting 2010

Post  Gazza Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:07 am

Hi all . . . Right were do I start. . . well it is not much of a report from my self more of trial and tribulations As I was running my F1 for the first time ( like so many others I guess ).

And all I can do is just write about my down fall. . Well I guess I can basically say that it was a setup / learning curve to be honest

Round 1

So first time out with the car and straight away there was some thing dreadfully wrong with the car as every corner I turned into the inside wheel would lift off the floor about 20mm ?

Both left and right handers . . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So after the first heat I decided to go to the TRACKSIDE shop of AMC who had a few 3Racing spares with him I went straight for the Aluminium castor mount and a spare set of tyres for the car along with some JACK THE GRIPPER additive

Right back to the pits and a quick look over my F1 to see why the wheels were lifting and although the rear pod seemed so free in movement I could only possible put it down to this and now thinking have I got the right weight of shock oil ?

Out again and it’s still doing the same . . .

Ahh what the hell is causing this is some thing catching on the car / body etc
So back to the pits and I remember seeing a spare side to side damper in AMC’s shop
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now I’m thinking as I have two I can set up one medium and one hard for what ever track I’m at [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I got one of these and Put 60wgt oil in with 1 hole that should cure it

Round 3

And I don’t believe it its still doing it but not as much and I'm grip rolling in most corners wow has the grip come up or what
Any way back to the pits and Gordon had a look at my car and could see that the rear pod springs seen here below

Were not doing any thing and there was no tension on the rear pod what so ever [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So after taking them out and stretching the spring this should help

Round 4

Bummer its still doing it not so much but still there a little bit and grip roll like you wont believe LOL so super glue on outside walls to stiffen them up

Well a good days racing and a bad day of setting up. . . But alas the atmosphere was good pity about the late start and finish but hey that’s racing

B final

This is where I qualified and in 10 place LOL still not to worry and again in the pits I was to stretch the spring a little more and Ben pointed out that I had too much castor and this could be the problem of to much grip INTO the corner and quite right to
So lets re cap . .
The rear springs in the pod were too small hence the tyres lifting in the bends
The Castor was set up wrong which gave to much grip in the corner

Ok I’m in tenth place on the grid and as the horn goes off down the straight we go and there is a pile up in the first bend and as I went round them I was into 3rd spot . . . WOW good or what the car seems to be just about right now so as we come round the sweeper onto the straight then from no where a Brown car full belt into me . . . .

What the HECK was that all about. . . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

and oh no steering has gone some thing broke I limped round the track 3 or 4 times but alas I’m out Bummer I really hate racing with Dick heads there is no need for driving like this its just not on I was fuming so packed up and went Twisted Evil

I have never felt so gutted in ages and still don’t know if the car is sorted oh well till next time here is another Video not much but some thing to watch

Just a thought Dez had a flyer going around with what car / motor Batterys you running etc
Well I for one want it putging F1 cars only NO GT10 conversions thats not on hmmmm sounds like a poll needed what you think Guys

Till next time . . . Gazza[/size]

Last edited by Gazza on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

2nd Jan meeting 2010 Empty Re: 2nd Jan meeting 2010

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 am

cannot fault you cGazza thanks for reposting this back up on the forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net