Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had to smile

5 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

I had to smile Empty I had to smile

Post  Admin Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I had to smile at what i read on Bedworth forum its as follows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car comes with a 12t pinion which is ideal for indoors, either the 6000kv or 8000kv motor is fine for a smaler track, did actually run a 4000kv at the big stafford track and it wasnt far of the pace, you need some 45 foam tyres (we may have some good second hand ones) the new Mk2 kit springs shouldnt be to bad for indoors but to be honest we havent tried them yet.

My coment about the mardave not being able to beat the carisma was on price (but i would be surprised if it could beat a carisma on speed and handling also).
Top Mardave kit £90, servo £10, speedo £30 to £65 (XRS is £59)2 packs of 4 cell race packs £60 that is a total of £219 against the carisma £170, that is comparing top race spec cars not the cheeper mardave, so the Carisma works out nearly £50 cheeper. With both cars some minor hot ups may be required and the tyres on both cars may need changing for ultimate pace, with the Carisma you would have a brushless system (long life) and a sealed can 540 motor on the mardave which will need changing every few meets to keep it at the top, spares for both cars are very simular on price, the mardave is a more sturdy car for those that may give it some basing (ideal for beginers).
Bob Burr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTD Models, Carisma 1/14th (the little beauty).

Has he seen the mardaves go on brushless i had a carisma both me and my son over priced over rated costly repairs!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I had to smile Empty Re: I had to smile

Post  Tomo Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:03 pm

I am disapointed in Bob he has been racing daves for awhile now and should know better! I beat ALL the carisma's by at least a lap when they ran at leamington with a stock mardave with the g2 brushless in. Mardave brushless is well known about and well supported and the price comparison isnt fair either.

Last edited by TOMO on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:13 pm

I beat ALL the carisma's by at least a lap when they ran at leamington and mardave brushless is well known about and well supported and the price comparison isnt fair either.[/quote]

Have you tried getting one to go in a straight line! :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm

the only straight line they run ist to his shop john :-) they are not a patch on the Mardave and i ran two carismas and got fed up about what you can use not use and guess what all the things you could use came from his shop!!!!!!! I REST MY CASE JUST A MONEY SPINNER!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah I got my mardave loverly and straight. you wana try that too john? lol
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:56 pm

TOMO wrote:Yeah I got my mardave loverly and straight. you wana try that too john? lol

No, i'll just beat you with my own Mardave :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 pm

lol that is so funny

ok £230 for a top spec mardave and easy enough to do that for brushless mardave

carisma, top car is £170, brushless £70, 2 batts £50, set of tyres £30

ok so thats £320, how is that cheaper than a mardave?
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:38 pm

+1 For some reason if it aint done at his club 1st it's rubbish!!!

I must defend the Carisma thought I used to run the Sportwerks Recoil at a local club (Macctrak) before it closed it's doors (again) and it handled great with a Tekin BL (6800kv I think motor) and Lipo and held the track record there with it. It was almost as quick as the 12th I ran there.

The prices he quoted are a lil unfair, as in my eyes the cheaper kits are just as good as the more expensive kits Mardave sell, plus they are not as brittle (silver parts)......although saying that Mardaves USED to be the cheapest class around to be competative! but with the prices of RTR cars (all different scales) Mardave seem to be getting a lil mid range with regards to price wise! especially if you go down the 13.5 and Lipo route!

I mean I NEVER thought when I 1st started racing Mardaves (some 8-10 years ago) that I would see speedo's that cost upto 4 times the cost of the car (cheaper Mardave) and Lipo's that cost jst as much as the car being used today Shocked

Dont get me wrong we all need to move with the times.....I've owned plenty of Mardave's over the years and think you can have some really close racing with them cheers

I'm about to sort out a Mardave for the Ardent Winter Series.....just need a few more bit's n Bob's (no pun intended lol) and I shall be ready
Very Happy
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:42 pm

gazag wrote:

carisma, top car is £170, brushless £70, 2 batts £50, set of tyres £30

ok so thats £320, how is that cheaper than a mardave?

gazag.....if you was going to rip out all the gear from the top car and replace it with the bl etc would you really buy the top car in the 1st place?? I know I wouldn't!! Very Happy

Same goes for the Mardave......NO way on this earth would I spend £90 odd for the top car when the STD car works just fine Cool
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:50 pm

I agree with Lee they are good cars and very very fats in the right hands. I have nothing against the carisma's but as a begginers car the mardave is so simple and strong whether it is slightly more pricey or not.
You show me where you can buy carisma spare for pence and that are as easy to get hold of as mardave spares and I will start recomending carismas to the beginers who ask me.

The simple fact is that mardaves are the simplest form of our sport and the most robust, within reason. With the cheapest spares that I know of on the market which makes them the perfect starter class and a cheap fun close class for those with experience that want to play at something else.

P.s John you probably will beat me with your dave but I will try give you a run for your money Smile
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:52 am

TOMO wrote:I agree with Lee they are good cars and very very fats in the right hands. I have nothing against the carisma's but as a begginers car the mardave is so simple and strong whether it is slightly more pricey or not.
You show me where you can buy carisma spare for pence and that are as easy to get hold of as mardave spares and I will start recomending carismas to the beginers who ask me.

The simple fact is that mardaves are the simplest form of our sport and the most robust, within reason. With the cheapest spares that I know of on the market which makes them the perfect starter class and a cheap fun close class for those with experience that want to play at something else.

P.s John you probably will beat me with your dave but I will try give you a run for your money Smile

Totally agree TOMO Very Happy

When it was Sportwerks Recoil the spares, wheels/tires etc were cheap....I mean a set of 4 foams trued n glued for I think £13 the Carisma's prices are £20+ for the same set!!! plus the spares shot up in price as well! all cos the header card changed!! same with LRP and Nosram products.....same thing only different colours and I suppose the same could be said for the Mardave V12 between the STD chassis and Worlds chassis!?

Sooo looking forward to racing the Mardave on circuit.....not done Mardave circuit for years....looks like a practice session at Ardent is on the cards soon Laughing
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:42 am

Cool the more the merrier. When you do get the mardave circuit car running make sure you attend the mardave circuit nationa on the 26th of sept at ardent and bring your f1 as I plan to race both and I think Gazza and James may do the same thing Smile
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down