Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamworth tonight

2 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

Tamworth tonight Empty Tamworth tonight

Post  Admin Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 am

Well Tamworth caught us all out tonight the track has a cracking straight and some fast tight curves.
I for one found it hard to put the power down and it took a good 4 laps to get the car to plant on the track but just too much on the stick out of a bend had it arse end sliding out or under steer.
Buddy with his stock motor showed the brushless the way home on all 3 heats he was lacking the punch out the corners, but this was an advantage for buddy the brushless was wicked down the straight hell in the corners.
Gazag was had a few problems with his car and did manage to roll me on the fast straight (dirty boy)
I think we was all dipping our toes in the water without the god farther Gazz not being there.
I was flunked with tyre choice but remained on the ardent set up and holding off on the throttle was the only thing for me tonight. It just shows these little pocket rockets do need tyre dial in for different tracks.
Anyway cracking night great company good racing and I can see a lot more Mardaves making their way to Tamworth
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Tamworth tonight Empty Re: Tamworth tonight

Post  Gazza Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 am

WOW nice one Paul

Yes its time to get the gray matter to work its hard to give advice when you cant see what the car is doing ?

But I would say if you were under steering or over steering then change tyres to suit if no grip on the rear then down a rear tyre compound which I think would be the 54SE also as it sounds like not much grip you could have the ESC set up with a little less punch . . . .

but hey now you all know this it will help out on the next meeting Wink
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down