Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mardave comes second! need new motor mounts

3 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Go down

mardave comes second! need new motor mounts Empty mardave comes second! need new motor mounts

Post  sideshowbob Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

hi guys
ran my mardave at tamworth saturday(on my own) against touring cars managed a second place !
sadly snapped my rear grey motor mount pod clean off when i hit the pipes backwards
the screws have stripped through and the grey pod is split

until then i was having great fun lol

see you at the next one i hope
bob

sideshowbob

Back to top Go down

mardave comes second! need new motor mounts Empty Re: mardave comes second! need new motor mounts

Post  Tomo Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Hey Bob get a Black plastic one the are more resistant to shattering (the cold weather doesnt help). Also a trick is to leave the black parts in room temp water for a day or two. It makes the nylon quite springy but still rigid.

Hope this helps and congrats on the 2nd place VS the touring cars.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

mardave comes second! need new motor mounts Empty Re: mardave comes second! need new motor mounts

Post  sideshowbob Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm

i did not know black ones fitted , do you mean black ones off the old mardave that had no pod movement and had the aluminium top on them?

sideshowbob

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 pm

These ones Bob [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Banger racers of which I am one aswell as supadave in the circuit series use these bad boys.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:05 pm

well first it should be in the Dave section why you post it here scratch

You know I spend so much time on here helping you guys out i often wonder I really do scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  sideshowbob Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 pm

thx dude
sorry its in the wrong section gazza im still getting my head around the site .

sideshowbob

Back to top Go down

Post  sideshowbob Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm

what else shall i buy to beef it up ? how about those black nylon wishbones?

sideshowbob

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:25 pm

All the black parts are more crash resistant but are slightly less rigid but to be honest the benifits of the rigidity are lost with the amount of play you usually get in a daves front end after afew races.

I use the black nylon parts throughout the car. I am sure others will say no silver is better but I am yet to not finish a race from a busted a frame or pod. (famous last words Smile )
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 pm

yep as per Tomo Black all round
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down