Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New custom spoiler for my mardave.......

5 posters

:: Pics and Vids :: Pics

Go down

New custom spoiler for my mardave....... Empty New custom spoiler for my mardave.......

Post  BuddyRC Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I have changed my spoiler as my other one didn't do anything for downforce, so I customiesed this one to fit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

New custom spoiler for my mardave....... Empty Re: New custom spoiler for my mardave.......

Post  Tomo Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:17 am

Get some end plates on the wing and it will be much more stable and give you more airflow over the wing element also may help to lift it up slightly to allow air to travel under the lower wing plane which will also make it more effective. If you dont fancy a wing end plate then try bending the outa edges of the wing to add dyhedral which has the same effect as the end plates but to a lesser extent.
Try not to make it too good or you will make your car understeer LOL Laughing
P.s Buddy your car is sooo stable everytime I watch it anyway what arent you getting from the car you'd like?
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

New custom spoiler for my mardave....... Empty Re: New custom spoiler for my mardave.......

Post  BuddyRC Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 am

Cheers tomo I will put some end plates on.
I am happy with the car as you say it is stable but when I'm racing i don't feel as if I can go as quick as I can doing the corners as when I push that little bit more it felt unstable on the rear.
I also need more track time to get my lines right and get better in my driving.
To be honest the car is fine and now runs sound but the spoilers on the front runners at ardent had big rear spoilers so I decided to do the same.
I hope to do better on the 30th now nick has matched my bats and soldered them 1x4 instead of 2x2.

see you on the 30th kida
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 am

Ah cool. If your car is feeling abit tippy toppy in the fast sweepers for example it maybe down to too soft a rear spring or the tyre diameter being too large.
Knowing your car I would say that you have some quite large rears on there which maybe raising the rear ride height and therefore the centre of gravity, making it sort of roll over itself and spin or look like grip roll.
You can lower the rear ride height by shimming up the rear pod ball joint and under the base plate on the spring screws but smaller tyre will work better.
Doesnt have to be much just afew mm larger than the fronts so the chassis sits almost level with the slightest bias towards the front.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:10 am

Ok bud will do that and see how i go next race.

cheers
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Done what you said tomo, lifted it up and it looks much better aswell as gona work better.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Now where did i see one of them before . . . .

Oh yea Boeing 747 Air brake lol!

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I like abit of innovation and abit of one man in his shed engineering it's what sets mardave apart.
It's a lexan wing for sure and it was a tc wing before it got cut down to fit so anyone could do the same, it's like trisomy Tyres down they all come one size but we all cut em down to what we like so don't see a difference.

Carry on buddy love to see more o your ideas like the front aframe tweak you came up with love it!!!
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Nice one Buddy its great to see garden shed tinkers doing bits this is what brings the mardave on in leaps and bounds we should cut out the negativity and praise more for these inovations that people are doing.
Buddy i think that you are doing a great job mate like tomo said with your a frames and your little touches are giving people idea's to move forward keep up the good work mate!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 am

Cheers to you all. I love pottering and playing cuz my brain is always on overtime.

Just working on a setup station with a twist !!!!

will post picks tomorrow of progress so far.

thankyou all agen for you comments Laughing
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynney Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:51 am

Looks good, buddy you might want to raise then end plates so that they fence the top face of the element, should be more effective that way.

Where's the best place to get a wing from? Should the exile shell come with one? Mine never did and trying to get one from Mardave is proving tricky!

I have one on my calibra but not run it yet, the mooting posts though make it way too high IMHO, so will drop those a bit.

Wynney
Wynney

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 am

Hi mate not all the lotus's came with a rear wing mine didnt but my mates did...... go figure.
The calibra wing was what he got with it anyway and it works good so fit it, If its to high try laying two mardave servo mounts down and using self tappers to hold the wing on.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 pm

The Lotus I had came with the spoiler and the Calibra didn't so I fitted a spoiler off one of my 1/10 drift shells and trimmed it down to fit. This is why there are no end plates as I cut them off.
It is a little high but it looks good and think it will work or I will drop it down abit.

Being well into drifting and spraying shells to look the part I will take looks over performance as it is only a little difference but that's just me. Mayb when I get as good as the top boys on here ( you no who you are ) then mayb I will.

Tomo I've trued me tyres down on the rear.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:43 pm

I've now cut the posts down and you were right it's now much better [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down