Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ultimate fun drift tip

+3
benjy
Tomo
dirtyghost
7 posters

:: 1/10th :: RC Drift

Go down

ultimate fun drift tip Empty ultimate fun drift tip

Post  dirtyghost Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Do you love to drift but get frustrated cos you spin out all the time or just cant drift like the pro's well there is a way that you can CHEAT........!

Not legal for comp use but if you just love drifting this is the ultimate car upgrade "FIT A GYRO" just go to the e of bay and get a cheap Jap gyro and fit it to your steering servo and wala your a drift ace.......... lol HPI sell there drift controller for alot of money you can pick up a gyro for a tena.

Today's lesson was brought to you by the letter G.... da dada letter G cheers lol!
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

ultimate fun drift tip Empty Re: ultimate fun drift tip

Post  Tomo Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:06 am

@ Marti lol
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:42 am

sad dont bother anyone, waste of money and its cheating your self.

just practise and learn thats the whole point in doing it, to better your self

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:55 am

No benji its called having fun, most of the people doing it are running in car parks with there mate's this tip is so they can have fun doing it and have fun at the same time and not get de-turd spinning out all the time.
Car setup is less important when using one and most newbies wont have the first clue how to set there cars up anyway but buy having fun maybe just maybe they will stick at it for long enough to learn and not give it up like most people do, drifters are few and far between................ i know 2 serious drifters and maybe 100 or more racers wouldn't it be great if they all drifted as well, would make your comps loads better.

We all have to start somewhere, why make it harder then it actually has to be..................

And it was a tip to have funnnnnnn with a drift car, i didn't mention contesting which you cant use them for in this country.

Today's lesson was brought to you buy the letter "T" T for tip... da dada letter "T"

cheers lol!
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 pm

its not a tip at all,

a good tip would be to help them with set up so they dont spin. not just tell them to buy somthing, they wont learn anything from cheating and as you said what happens if they go to a comp? have no chance then

this tread is like a rock climber buying a winch so he dosnt have to climb up rocks anymore, wheres the fun in that. 80% of the point / fun is to challage yourself and get better the other 20% is for showing off Cool

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi All
I have always looked at these and bin put off with the hole cheatin thing!
But I do myself think and I say myself! think.
How many times have I watched lets say tom drift and think how does he do that!
Now if you had a gyro fitted you may perhaps be able to firstly set up the car better
and also watch what the car is doing turns and lines to drift better youself,
then remove / disconect the gyro and have a go yourself!
Me myself have handed my car over to other people and say the "cars rubish not set up right"
they have a go and prove its just you!

So what I'm tryin to say is for a £10 its not such a bad idea and may help ya!
rather than buyin car after car if you know what i mean!

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for the great reply both of you, benji your comments do have some merit mate but not everyone wants to go to the comps they just want to have fun with there RC toys.....

Si you have hit the nail on the head mate, that's exactly why i think its the top tip and cheap to boot and after you have mastered it just bang it on ebay or buy a heli and try something that's truly hard to do.

dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 am

why buy car after car if you carnt set them up? give me a go an i will be able to drift it, iam not showing off, i have learnt how to drive/ drift its not magic, i think you wouldnt get anywhere with a gyro, just give you a few ideas why

1, you have no feel for the car, wont find its limits and down falls as the gyro kicks in before them so you wont get used to reacting to them

2, as dirtyghost says the car dosnt have to be setup to use a gyro so you will never know if you have it set the way you want it untill you take the gyro off an then your back to number 1 so even if the car was good you wouldnt know.

3, why spend more money than you need to? it wont make you a better driver at all so even if its only £10 its £10 wasted, i canont see any point in them none at all, if anything it will make you worse as the more you use it the more you will rely on it.

if your a noob to drifting or want a hand with anything just ask

theres no magic behind the scenes set up, just go for a 4wd touring car, spool/ locked rear diff open front, soft springs 0 camber allround, and drift tyres thats about it get used to that and you will find a setup you like when you find the limmits of the car

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  science26 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 am

ok lets try and explain this the best i can

first off using a gyro/d box or whatever you want to call them is not comp legal

but as it was said alot of people drift just in there local carpark

but using one can depend on how your car is set up

drifting an rc car has diferent physics to drifting a real car, in or watching a real car drift you will always see them drifting with opposite lock on,this is to keep the car pointing in the right direction

but with an rc car its different,firstly because they are 4wd if your using a standard touring car chassis it will have 50/50 drive ( same drive to front as rear )if this is the case alot of drifting is done with no steering input ( front wheels still pointing straight )

watch the blue subaru in the 3rd slow mo,its me i drift the length of the small straight with no steering lock at all,if i used a gyro the car would always try to straghten its self up and thats not what you want mid drift

but if your using a counter steer car ( more drive to the rear wheels than the front ) these are normally home modified cars, then yes you will need opposit lock on to drift in this case a gyro could be used

science26

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:40 am

nice work science26 i have posted it direct to link hope you do not mind mate
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 am

Vid don't work on iPhone. Can be changed in the setting for mobile viewing on the YouTube vid settings Cheers
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down