Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Series

+4
Gazza
Ardent Raceway
dirtyghost
4_cell_racer
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Summer Series Empty Summer Series

Post  4_cell_racer Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 am

Just been on Facebook and notice that we now have to pre book and pay to enter via Centralbooking.org pale

Someone is not going to be happy!! (waits for the fallout!) Rolling Eyes
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Summer Series Empty Re: Summer Series

Post  dirtyghost Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 pm

surely not for the kick energy series............ silent
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:10 pm

dirtyghost wrote:surely not for the kick energy series............ silent

No, not for the Kick Energy Winter Series, but the new Summer Series yes, this saves a MASSIVE amount of hassle, promotion etc.., believe me it does, i'll be having a chat with Gazza about it, so hopefully he won't blow a gasket :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:46 pm

To Late . . . . . . pay pal sucks never in a million years Razz lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Gazza wrote:To Late . . . . . . pay pal sucks never in a million years Razz lol!

Just create yourself an account on Central Booking and I'll do the rest, you Paypal hater you :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:54 pm

LOL you know hom much I hate it and riped me off big time and I had to pay the bank charges Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:I got stung as well by paypal and a con merchant so cost me twice and bank charges sorry must agree never ever again paypal for me sorry and all that!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Just create yourself an account on Central booking, let me know when you have done this and what class and rounds you would like to book in for (remember you can cancel if you suddenly can't make it) and we will sort out the payment another way. It's a doddle, so no fuss at all, just get booked in and make this SummerSeries one to remember!! Also you can opt to give your earnings to a forum or a club! Could be used for marketing funds!! all confidential.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm

John I thought you couldn't book in without making payment on central booking?? As last night when I entered I had to pay 1st to confirm my entry!

Also can you confirm if there are any rules with regards to speedo's in Mardave stock class please? Or is it any speedo? As it don't state on central booking about speedos mate ;-)
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

4_cell_racer wrote:John I thought you couldn't book in without making payment on central booking?? As last night when I entered I had to pay 1st to confirm my entry!

Also can you confirm if there are any rules with regards to speedo's in Mardave stock class please? Or is it any speedo? As it don't state on central booking about speedos mate ;-)

Hi Lee, no you do have to pay when you book in to confirm your entry, but in order to cater for Paypal haters and techno Luddites :-) I can do a manual entry and take the money off them another way. Gazza will pay next time he comes to the track. I can't do that for 100+ people. Please book in as normal and pay for your round in advance, this enables me to ensure we are catering for classes and people correctly and is easier to manage :-) and that's a good thing. ;-) Plus it means you can pay on card etc..
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm

I second this
After the winter series is nearly over and all the talkin about Motors and Speed Controllers "stock class only!"

Has this been sorted yet!
I know hopefully the rules for the mardaves will be sorted soon!
But what about the rules for ARDENT RACEWAY!
If I have missed them somewhere I'm sorry!
but after listening to so many people during the winter series
are we really going to enter the summer series going over the same old thing
he's a lot faster that me! how's he doing that!, AHHH finally go me a decent motor!!
and so on!
I hope I'm gonna look to find stock motor's handed out and 1 type of esc
But younever know!!
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Jungsi, if everyone runs to the rules then there should be no problem, you can find a little extra speed by prepping you'd Dave correctly ie polish the front axles, ream the wheels, degrease the rear bearings etc all these things add up to a lil more speed!
Then there's your shell and tyres to think about! If someone finds a better compound that works than You do, then they are going to go faster as well!
Then there is driving styles Daves like to carry corner speed to get around he track quickly, if you cannot master that (like me) then you'll be slower around the track!
I run a speedmaster v60 and people beat me with STD Mtroniks speedos! So it's me thats letting the car down somewhere and i need to find out where lol

With regards to hand out motors..... You may still end up with a dog of a motor! So what happens then??? As your stuck with it for he series!! I aint gonna change my speedo as I am within the price limit set for the speedo!
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 pm

I know whay your saying
But motors are different!
All I saying is
motors handed out esc 1 type or price cap
puts a end to it all!!

You know if it don't happen we will be going over the same old thing all series!
just wait and see
I'm prepared to put money on it!

Right here we go

£10 to Ardents choice of charitys "me excluded!"

If all series nothing is mentioned about motors of speed controllers!

Can any body else say that!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Si
Please add names below
1/
2/
3/
4/
5/

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Si I think even if you did have hand out motors and a 1 make speedo ou would still have he fast guys going fast and we'll still be having peoplesaying the same thing like why is he faster than me!
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:39 pm

True
People will always comment
but it will stop a lot of tweakers!
Plus I only spotted scruttenering once! 1st race!
and if people don't tweek why should it bother them!

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm

I would like to see scruttenering done after every race after all we are all racing for a championship (no matter what class you are racing!!!) and anyone NOT within the rules should have there points docked, harsh I know but it stops anyone trying to cheat etc! Wink
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:18 am

jungsi wrote:True
People will always comment
but it will stop a lot of tweakers!
Plus I only spotted scruttenering once! 1st race!
and if people don't tweek why should it bother them!

Si

We will have scrutineers, the problem we had over Winter is we have had too many racers and my volunteers are knackered. 3 weekends a months is hard work, this is another reason why we have lumped everything together into one day a month. Imagine running a 12th national 3 times a month, that's what it has been like during Winter and it's taken it's toll. So expect some anal scrutineering to be taking place and don't moan if we dock your FTD.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 am

Ardent Raceway wrote: So expect some anal scrutineering to be taking place and don't moan if we dock your FTD.

What rule's you running to then John so we can get it right ?
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 am

Right then,

I'm very new to track racing and for the winter series I've just got peed off with all the bitching about motors tweaked and fast speedos etc etc and I was one of the bitches.
I've now got my car set up with what is said to be the best esc the V60/G28 and tyres are fine also the setup so it's just my driving to improve.

I would like the rules to be stamped down for:

1, if you have no reverse you don't race at all.
2, if you don't marshal then you loose your points for the day = 0. (Not you Gazza)
3, if you are a back runner then you must move out the way of the leader when being lapped or you are taken of the track by the marshals.
4, if you knock a racer of and its your fault then you must stop to let them past and continue racing. (like Lee did for me TOP MAN).

BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  uop101 Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 am

John

You still got that copy of the Hinckley rules?
Could run same for Summer Series
uop101
uop101

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 am

Ill second that LoL, the Hinckley rules are spot on go with them John and you wont be far out
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Guys,

I don't want my series to rule people out and especially not to define the rules the new Mardave Committee are proposing, therefore i'm keeping it vague and focused on electrics, weight and ride height only. What I do need to do is create a series where the basis of the classes will permit those trying to comply with the future BRCA Mardave committee rules to race.

Therefore here's what I am going to be enforcing on the day, the other rules will sort themselves out based in the finer details agreed by the committee but will not be enforced at our series. Why? because if you are running your car, your setup, your expenditure based on the Future BRCA Committee rules, it's highly unlikely you wouldn't apply them here. For example there are no TC drivers that have an Ardent Specific Bodyshell with a cheating wing and wing height and a motor that isn't on the BRCA list just because we haven't enforced these rules, because they can only use them at our series. When they go to a National they would be marched out, and the change from a 'controlled' car to an 'uncontrolled' car will compromise your racing as the car may/most likely handle differently. So why spend money on a cheat, that means you will compromise your abilities with the compliant kit you have for BRCA events. So i'm keeping it short and vague, and allowing YOU to decide on the finer details based on the other events you are entering this year with your Daves.

Mardave Stock
Brushed 4 cell NiMh with Mardave G2 motor, forward/reverse, Any speedo under £69.99

Mardave 13.5 Brushless (10 entries max)
1S LiPo, 13.5 Brushless system no advance timing, our knowledge of ESCs will enable us to check your car. Abuse will mean instant ban and no refund, so don't try it :-|.

'MAD' Mardave (10 entries max)
1s LiPo, anything goes, ANYTHING!!

1kg weight limit excluding 'MAD' Mardave, 3mm ride height for all classes, no external bumpers

Don't comply with any of these? that's what the MAD Mardave class is for. E.g. don't have a reversible brushed speedo? then get an old 8.5 turn mod from ebay for £8 with your 4 cells, paint your car Evil matt black with flames, whack a glow in the dark ghostly figure in the driver seat and have a laugh with it while doing a wheelie down the straight!!! :-) See if you can get near the 12th Pan lap times!!

That's it.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  uop101 Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 am

There you go Tommo, a class for you lol! lol!
uop101
uop101

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 am

uop101 wrote:There you go Tommo, a class for you lol! lol!

LMAO lol! lol! lol!

Better go find the lead weight! Never had to put weight on the dave before affraid Very Happy
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 am

another ESC to buy lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi all
Ardent Raceway wrote:
Hi Guys,

Mardave Stock
Brushed 4 cell NiMh with Mardave G2 motor, forward/reverse, Any speedo under £69.99

That's it.
just a quick question
If I can get a UK rrp speedo"ESC" for under £69 thats ok???

For example RC disco are the uk distributers for Tekin and other makers of RC components
so as per example this KP Propo ESC had a UKrrp off £128.99 but then lowered it to UKrrp £38.70
this is ok right!
just as if the V60/G28 UK rrp was lowered

So this is ok Yes!
This looks a good ECS as well programmable
but as I say just a example off changeable UK rrp's
link below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
P.S.
I know its been diss but if you could get one!

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next