Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol

4 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol Empty New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol

Post  Head Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:26 am

Hi Guys, Just bought this off a lad at the LHS for £20 for a go at some Mardave circuit racing.

Below are some pics of it, hope its not too much of a nail!

I am after advice on what parts to buy for circuit racing.

Sorry for the crappy i phone pics!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Head

Back to top Go down

New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol Empty Re: New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol

Post  Head Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:29 am

Im after advice on:

Option parts for it: Ball diff etc

Body Shells: I like the Pug 205 as used to have one but dont know if they handle well?!

Tyres for Maritime carpet?

I have seen some videos on Youtube from Chequered Flag racing that are good for the build up of the car

Head

Back to top Go down

New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol Empty Re: New Mardave owner, what have I bought! lol

Post  Gazza Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:29 am

Well for £20 you cant go wrong Check out the Mardave section there is loads of stuff on this little car any thing you not sure on then post away therer is a few of us who can help out

Gazza
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks Gazza, I'll have a read up but if any one can see anything from the pics that i'll need for some circuit action let me know!..........

Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:32 am

Ermmmmm Reciver ermmmmm esc ermmmmmm big welcome to the site mate gazza and chequred flag are the guys for advice good by for 20 notes cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 am

Cheers for the welcome!

Oh yes i thought it was missing something! Very Happy

LRP quantam going and a spekky rx and lrp 60c lipo should do it, just need to get my shopping list togther fot it.

Im thinking, ball diff, ball raced front axles and a new shell........

Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 am

and a 13.5 LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Bretthope Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Mark,

The car is good for £20.

Just one thing, have alook at the servo saver.

In my opinion the standard kit ones have always been crap.
I cant really see from the pic what type it is and they can take a bit of a battering in a Dave !!!

We all use Kimborough ones.
Bretthope
Bretthope

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:53 am

Hi Guys, been doing some work on the Dave inbetween racing 10th off road, here it is now:

Iv added AE front body posts, 48dp diff, new track rod ends, alloy nuts, Kamtec 6 cell holder and Kamtec touring shell and a good bit of elbow grease lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 am

Oh yeah, added an old Futabe 9402 servo and Novak GTX speedo and a new HPI saturn motor. Just got to add a Spek RX and im ready to hit the track!

Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Bretthope Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 am

looking good mate, when you thinking about racing at maritime ?
Bretthope
Bretthope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down