Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with mardave shell

2 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Go down

help with mardave shell Empty help with mardave shell

Post  jeff54 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:45 am

Hi Iam new to mardaves and have just bought the morris van shell and could any body tell me the best tyres and wheels to fit

jeff54

Back to top Go down

help with mardave shell Empty Re: help with mardave shell

Post  JimboJames1972 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:43 am

What is the actual chassis is under the shell - is it a standard V12, mini or a custom chassis?

If it is a standard V12 chassis (203mm wheelbase and 160mm track) then whe wheels and tires will depend on your axels and how you plan to race it. If your front axels take bearings you will be limited to the bearing front wheels (part numbers V2R and V2RB) only. If your front axels do not take bearings then any of the V12 wheel range will work on the front - Revolutions, Six-Spoke, Wolf, Multi-Spoke etc.
If you are running the standard solid rear axel the story is the same, any of the V12 wheels will be fine. If you are using a diff axel at the rear then you are limited to the six-spoke wheels (V2, V2S or V2B). Some others can be modified to be made to work but this is usually a fiddle...

If your chassis is a Mini chassis (shorter wheelbase but similar track I think, chassis usually made from GRP) then I think you can use any of the above front or rear wheels if your chassis has the same front "A-arm" wishbones as the V12 chassis. If your chassis has the solid beam front end you have to use the smaller Mini front wheels. I believe you will also have to use Mini rear wheels (with built in spur gear) if this is the case?

As for tires, it really depends on your local track. Pink mediums on the rear is always a good start though, sometimes you might need pink softs or SEs if grip is low. Use something slightly harder on the front - JAP 48s are my favourite for my local tracks. If you are running oval then something really hard on the outside might also be good?

Hope this helps,

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  jeff54 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks very much for your info Iam not going to race yet may be at a later date. Jeff

jeff54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down