Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Cornwall

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Cornwall Empty Hello from Cornwall

Post  Cornishracer Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am

Hello everyone,i`m Pete Chapman from Cornwall,"our" club is West Cornwall Radio Control Car Club,we run 2WD 1/10 buggies in the summer(late April to early Sept).and then in the winter we go indoors at Redruth school,carpet circuit racing,1/10 4WD touring cars and Mardave V12.My Mardave is a single cell Lipo powered 5.5t Hobbywing Mini Pickup.As for our club rules;we run no resrictions on motors or esc so as to try and save a quid or two,therefore the electrics can be fitted from your buggy with no extra expense,I use saddle packs so they can be used as intended in the summer and then singly as 1S in the winter,if your down our way on holiday why not call in ? Check out our website,racing is on Tuesday evenings 6.30pm till 10.00pm. What a Face

Cornishracer

Back to top Go down

Hello from Cornwall Empty Re: Hello from Cornwall

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 am

Big welcome to the site mate and feel free to post we have a live chat room bottom of the main page. Dam I was down your neck of the woods early summer at lizzard point small world enjoy the site mate we have some heated debates but its all good stuff

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  robbo1 Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 pm

back when i was a kid i we would race mardaves a 10th buggys in a village hall in leedstown and then they aquired an outdoor circuit in hayle, i remember a guy from penzance called rod that had a modelshop '4wd models' or something like, bought a tamiya hotshot from him and then a mardave ministock. wonder if if any of those racers are still at it?

robbo1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornishracer Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am

Not many of the "old" guys left,Steve Taylor is our chairman and I thnk im right in saying he used to race down at Leedstown,they used to lock the doors untill all the track was put away so no one could sneak off without helping!!!Ive heard Iain Pollard talk of the old outdoor track,he should be racing again this coming Summer.Basically its the same club but with two new (ish) venues-Barriper Cricket Club for outdoor racing and Redruth School in the Winter for indoor racing. lol!

Cornishracer

Back to top Go down

Hello from Cornwall Empty Nice one!!

Post  RCS_james Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 pm

What days/nights do you race on, my parents moved to mullion a few months ago and was looking for something entertaining to do when i come and visit? do you run circuit or oval??

RCS_james

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornishracer Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello,we run meetings on Tuesday evenings at Redruth School.It is circuit racing(on carpet),tenth scale touring cars and Mardave V12.All the usual rules apply except that electrics are unlimited,so you may use any motor and ESC (motor up to 540 size).In the Summer months we race outdoors with tenth scale 2WD buggies at Barriper Cricket Club (were up in the top corner-youll see the rostrum quite easily as you come in).Why not have a look at our Website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - West Cornwall Radio Control Car Club,see you there!! lol!

Cornishracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down