Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FUTURE

5 posters

Go down

THE FUTURE Empty THE FUTURE

Post  ShortiePaul Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 am

The future
Has anyone sat back and thought what the future of our sport holds I for one would love to see all clubs invest in the junior ranks. Helping coaching these people As they are the sports future.
I think we get to wrapped up in our own little world of racing and not sparing a thought for junior racers.
Who says the scruff kid sitting on the wall watching the racing is not the next UK rc touring car champion.
But we will never know unless we invest time and knowledge with these people.

I would love to see the BRCA bring on the junior section with the help of local clubs who would encourage them support them.
So you are a good racer you take the perfect line you are at the top of your game in fact you are brilliant.
But how much more better would it be if you passed on the knowledge that took you years to gain to the junior racer.
Do we spend enough time talking to them about their needs or are we to busy with day to day problems of racing.
Chris Kennedy from the BRCA who I approached to do some workshops who was more than willing to give his time to this
Roger Cosgrove also support the bringing on of juniors along with other BRCA officials like John Whittiker .

I don’t intend to sound off or make myself look big but what I would dearly love would be to see a programme set down for coaching development of our sport for the younger members.
I don’t confess to be a good racer myself and do spend a lot of time on the grass but the top and bottom of it all is I believe the younger racers are the future
And with quite some interesting conversation with Roger Cosgrove and John Whittiker I think things will progress.
Next time you are at your local track look around in the pitting why not hep advise and share your years of knowledge with them because they will hang on your every word and take on board what advice you are giving them.
This will make our sport one to be very proud of!!!
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE Empty Re: THE FUTURE

Post  dirtyghost Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:39 am

Well said mate. there isn't enough info from the pros available to the younger generation and bringing them into the sport can only make thing better for everyone with club memberships increaseing and the model shops also reaping the rewards of people spending time and money there and as we all know with the ression as it is everyone wants something to do thats not going to break the bank and make it possible to entertain there kidds, i know first hand how this effects people as i myself have a young lad who is just starting to get into the rc sport and with the new smaller cheaper cars comeing out ive been able to get him raceing and off the streets also spending time with me and the family which is somthing the kidds of today dont seem to do anymore.
To have something for them to do and somwhere to go has to be a good thing, also a focus and a skill to take into there adult life....what a bonus.
With the backing of the BRCA it can only meen good things for the futuer of the RC sport, cant wait to see what the next few weeks is going to turn up,

Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Good write up mate - really believe in what you are trying to do. Whatever you put your mind to you succeed at and having coaching in your blood will do great.

Good luck and if you need any help website wise give me a shout - im sure others will help aswell. At the end of the day its about helping each other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  magoo Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:37 am

well said guys could not of put it any better,can i just chuck in a comment we also need to aim towards the females as this sport seems to aimed at the males,and some of the female racers are even on par if not better than their male counter parts .....................many thanks jocolor
magoo
magoo

Back to top Go down

Post  marauder1706 Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 am

The BRCA already run a junior national meeting every year for 1/10th
Under 12 (at 1/1/09)
27 turn Brushed
13.5 brushless 6 cell or Lipo
Under 14 (at 1/1/09)
13.5 Brushless
10.5 Brushless (to BRCA Pro Stock Rules)
Under 17 (at 1/1/09)
10.5 Brushless (to BRCA Pro Stock Rules)

this year it is a bit out the way in eastbourne , i assume when you talk about a "Young Guns" series it would be more aimed at the recoil and carisma side of things ? i see where your coming from with the need for more tech information sharing between older and new racers and even maybe a series of junior national meetings , but also being a bedworth racer myself i have noticed that nearly all the recoil entries into the torc series so far have been bedworth regulars , i have a recoil myself , racing tomorrow hopefully instead of the tourer lol but the problem i see is getting enough of the recoil/carisma drivers at junior level that are not dazzled by the 1/10th class to stick with the carisma class so it grows into an established class , and does not turn into a six month class for beginners until they want to try something bigger ,
its gonna take a while , maybe more pushing of the class a club level like bedworth have , as there is no point in setting it all up until you have regular numbers , inter club compertitions could also work , as could inviting other outdoor tracks to bedworth to see them in action " as it is always better first hand " lol and maybe agreeing to push the class at their tracks
Bedworth have found out how good the recoil is as a cheap ,fun class its time to let everyone else know , even the little guys like to win trophies and this could be there best option
marauder1706
marauder1706

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE Empty Totaly agree with you

Post  ShortiePaul Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 am

Some great commets mate and very nice to hear your thoughts i to think the carisma has come into its own as more and more are racing them and for this i think Bob Burr has done a great job bringing this class to bedworth cheap affordable racing and fun as well that is not going to break the bank.
What the main topic that started was the way that the young ones can revel in information from such clubs as bedworth because here they have some very class racers from all levels.
I love the thought that inter club racing with the compertitions of our younger ones doing battle with other clubs .
Bob could make this happen he has got the carisma going well at Bedworth like i said I know from talking with some of the BRCA officials that they are keen to develop the junior ranks thank you for your comments i think they are valued lets see were this does go again thank you for your imput
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  magoo Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 pm

it would teach kids to cope with the pressure of a race they would make new friends and also and more important keep them off the sreets and may just may keep them out of trouble even if just for one or two nights aweek in my eyes thats a good thing ...........
magoo
magoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum