Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look at this then

+4
Gazza
dirtyghost
Tomo
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Look at this then  Empty Look at this then

Post  Admin Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Dont think this will be a winner with these sort of prices
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Look at this then  Empty Re: Look at this then

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:22 pm

I won't race there if you have to be a member. It's a ridiculous price it's more than top of the line touring car for what? To just get in the door with some fringe benifits here and there??? No thanks
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Holy crap that's just stupid lol pmsl
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

LOL what planet are they on affraid
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:13 am

looks like a good deal to me Suspect
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:49 am

LOL has Gazag won the Lottery cheers

In that case join us lot as well please lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:27 am

Milton keynes model club to move to new venue but the cost next year for membership IS £75 Laughing Laughing

MKRCTC Moves to Moto Arena
Moto Arena is a brand new multi-million pound facility based at Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. And from early August this will be MKRCTC's new home! The facility consists of a large tarmac indoor and an outdoor tracks and eventually a shop, resturant and pit tables with mains power.

On the 8th August MKRCTC will be running our usual Sunday morning meetings from the new venue, doors open at 8.00am and we will be finished by 1.00pm ish. Starting on Wednesday 11th there will be a mid-week series starting at 7.00pm and finishing by 10.00pm ish

This is a big change for us and is a brand new venue so we will all take a little adjusting to the new surroundings. However to start with all electric on-road classes will be catered for, including touring car, Mini, F1 and bikes. The race calendar will be updated shortly to accomodate this change.

For the time being at least club membership rates will remain unaltered and this entitles you to become a member of Moto Arena for free (saving £75) - so make sure you join the club before we actually move there. Race fee's will be £6 for members with an additional £1 for each additional class you race. There will be no student or junior discounts. Season Ticket members are unaffected.

Non-membership fee's are Sunday's - £10, Wednesday's £8.

This is a new, exciting chapter in MKRCTC's history so come along and enjoy.

Again what planet are they on. . . . There is no way I will pay £10 to race a model car

So from next year there membership will go up from £15 to £75 affraid affraid I wondere how many will re Join
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 am

Gazza that's reasonable considering the derby club on Fridays charged me 8 pounds yesterday to race at ardent!
Next week it will be 16!!!
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 am

Hence why there is not many there nick

If it was £5 then perhaps more would turn up Idea
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  yokomorick Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 am

The reason it's so expensive is that the prizes are of a much higher quality, so i'm told! Holidays, experience days, etc. Not just a trophy. Then there's the rent. A place that big can't be cheap to rent. £10 a race isn't bad when you consider what you actually get in return. These sort of places are there to make money, not break even as most clubs do. There's an open day coming up soon, why not go along and see what's on offer.

All said and done, i'd agree though that the price of membership is daft and that there's nothing wrong with a trophy. The sport is costly enough without forking out that much more for the chance to win a holiday.

yokomorick

Back to top Go down

Post  rich67 Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:20 am

Gazza wrote:

Again what planet are they on. . . . There is no way I will pay £10 to race a model car

Is it not £8 for non members at the wonderfull Ardent ?(and yes I have raced there)
Moto arena is a much larger facility and from what pictures I have seen has much more to offer
rich67
rich67

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 am

rich67 wrote:
Gazza wrote:

Is it not £8 for non members at the wonderfull Ardent ?(and yes I have raced there)
Moto arena is a much larger facility and from what pictures I have seen has much more to offer

Yes its is you are correct and members at Ardent is £6 and ONLY £25 membership and not £75. . . as for more to offer scratch

Not bothered whats on offer . . . . A carpet track is a carpet track weather its in a school hall / pub / barn you are still racing on a carpet track
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 am

yokomorick wrote:The reason it's so expensive is that the prizes are of a much higher quality, so i'm told! Holidays, experience days, etc. Not just a trophy. . . .
nothing wrong with a trophy. The sport is costly enough without forking out that much more for the chance to win a holiday.

Thats where there going wrong. . . . . no matter what class you race in there is always some top 5 drivers that win time after time they are good at it look at any car mag / web site you will see the same drivers so all newcomers are not going to get a HIGH QUALITY TROPHY or a holiday so the high quality trophy can be droped I have LOADS of trophys from my days of I.C cars they all mean as much to me now as they did when I won them all and I think they possabley cost pennies and worth nothing at a car boot / auction / ebay etc so high quality trophys is a farce and as for holiday well cant comment . . . But is it time share /can only be taken certain times / there must be 2 people that pay the FULL PRICE etc

again its a farce drivers just want to race weather its on Tarmac or carpet a track is a track and starting at £75 up to £600 LOL

Now dont forget the £75 is for occasional whats that once a week once a month ? and its £300 for enthusiasts study

Last edited by Gazza on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 am

Moto arena has an indoor tarmac track and an outdoor track and simulators on the upper floor.
I may race there but I am not too fussed and I prefer Ardent as it seems more oriented towards the hobby rather than a sideshow or money making exercise.

I maybe wrong and I hope I am then I will happily support the place.
Plus ardent has such a good group of people who run it and race there.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:35 am

Yea Tomo it can have as many simulators / pinball / PacMan machines etc as it wants still not worth the money

I can go to the Arcades at £1 a go if i want to
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:39 am

LMAO pacman???????

I agree though Gazza.
If you want to make the place gimicky maybe rent floor space in a shopping centre somewhere and have a shop alongside that feeds the track then the wives/gf's can shop and the boys can play and also shop Smile
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 am

the place has been made as a side show yes but the track looks profesional, one thing though

ITS ANOTHER VERY BORING CIRCUIT.

lots of straights and slow turns and no real twisty mid corse bit makes it very boring. it will get neglected and attended by the rich list who pay the £600 a year premium to be there. its not my idea of a great place and will be forgoten in time. there are much better and much cheaper places to reace, ardent, marstons, tamworth, telford, stoke, stafford just to name a few local ones
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:56 am

where the pics gazza not seen any on that site were they hid them ?

Tomo yea same as Ardent its called Donnington market but does not cost £600 to get in cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 am

My views on circuit layout are well known on here. ELEVATION changes make a circuit great none of the new crop of tracks have them think spa, laguna seca, the old nurinburg ring, brands hatch. Why have a perfectly flat tarmac track when you can have the same with carpet for much less cost and its in the dry with higher grip???????
Madness.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:12 am

OK so heres one for you all

What if the CLUB YOU RUN AT AT THE MOMENT put another track out . . put a pinball machine in the corner and charged you £600 A YEAR MEMBERSHIP and £10 race fees show of hands please . . . . . Laughing

Yea thought so lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 am

add a sega rally machine and you got a deal lol!
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 am

LOL if they only realised that if they charged £15 a year membership they would have more money than charging £25 to £600

More members is better all round that way you get more people into the hobby and buying kits equals more money to the shop thats more people there when its open which equals more track time income £10 or £5 breakages which equals more money back in the shop I think the Richard Branson one at milton will earn more money than Ardent and Silverstone put together

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<<<<<<<<<<click
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 am

yeah the cost of living is awful

reading that when you going to open your buisness gazza LOL

i think ardent will get more and more popular and silverstone wont go away but it will be forgoten by the true RC community
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:34 am

gazag wrote:reading that when you going to open your buisness gazza LOL

Shocked wow news to me whats that then
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i thought you would remeber buying that site lol!
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum