Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/12th circuit cars

5 posters

Go down

1/12th circuit cars Empty 1/12th circuit cars

Post  dirtyghost Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 am

Hi there guy and gals, is there any of our members who has a decent knowledge and understanding of 1/12th circuit cars, as a few of us are thinking of getting 1 or 2 to have a go with indoors this winter.
So if someone could do us a do's and dont's/hints and tips post and/or anything else we would need to know about 1/12th racing please do so, waiting patiently to spend some dosh.

Cheers Marti.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

1/12th circuit cars Empty me as well

Post  ShortiePaul Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 pm

yes i would like some info as well as im thinking of doing the 1/12 as well
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

1/12th circuit cars Empty Re: 1/12th circuit cars

Post  magoo Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 pm

im not thinking of doing it cus i cnt drive mine
magoo
magoo

Back to top Go down

Post  z finlay Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:14 am

I race 1/12th's indoors, during the winter, and would say that they are a great starting point for indoor racing. however i would definitely say that it is worth spending a bit more money and getting one of the top of the range cars. Because i have seen many incidents where the cheaper cars such as the ftx phantom has quite literally fallen to pieces after just a little collition with another car whereas the more expensive cars like the: calandra gen X: cyclone 12: associated l4 or the associated r5 are very strong, competitive cars. Very Happy
z finlay
z finlay

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Zak thanks for the reply, we have decided against the ftx cars for various reasons in favour of the new HPI F1 cars that are coming out this august, and the club are going to run a series so we decided to pre order 2 of them for this.....should be a good laugh and some cool racing to be had.
Again thanks for the reply Zak and next time your up the club come say hi, would be cool to see your indoor car as well if you could bring it so i could have a nose.

Cheers Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  rayscene Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 am

Hi everybody

Just discovered your site by accident ,you done a fantastic job a credit to you all.

1/12 cars are a bit like Marmite,you either love or hate them.The ftx has a reputation of unreliabilty and falling apart quite easily.To start 1/12 racing suggest like a previous post to go for something like an associated L4 or a hot bodies C12 both of which have a t-bar design rear suspension,good for easy set up and handing .From all the major manufacturers they are all good cars ,often ease of getting spares can be the deciding factor.

Our club at Tamworth race every other weekend on a saturday night ,although currently we are on summer break until Sept .We always have a 1/12 heat,some of our racers are regular C finalist at Nationals and also regular competitors at the annual 1/12 Euro's.

Next years Euro's for this class is going to be held locally to you Guys ,it will be held at the Sports & Leisure in the centre of Hinckley at the begining of March.Before that TRRAC will hold round 3 the forthcoming championship in mid December.

Full dates of meetings can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
rayscene
rayscene

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:03 am

Hi All,

RCracechat is a very good source of info regarding 12th scale or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has some very good info as well or let me know what kind of info you need and I may well be able to answer any queries, not sure if the HPI F1 cars are going to be able to compete properly yet as they are a very new type of car on the market, I know Tamiya and other have produced F1 cars and race very well, but if you want to go fast, improve your driving and reaction times race a 12th, there is nothing better to make you all very good drivers, certainly improved my driving skills a lot!!

The sense of satisfaction you get from driving a 12th is like nothing else on the scene and thats me saying that, a die hard nitro racer!!! once you have a brushless motor in the car and some decent cells its all about the racing and not spending hours trying to work out why your car isnt working properly and still doesnt handle like it should or could, hopefully all this will keep the spirits alive for the 12th class, it certainly been one of the fastest growing classes this year, there must be a good reason why a lot of people of have been racing this class for a lot of years.

Cheers Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down