Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul & Si play

+6
QuackingPlums
stox217
BuddyRC
jungsi
Admin
Gazza
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paul & Si play Empty Paul & Si play

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 am

Well I was gutted last night as this cold has now turned to MAN FLU lol!

Any way I had to come home at around 7pm as I was not feeling to good so missed the tuesday night meet Evil or Very Mad

Then on the way home I realized that I was to meet Paul there tomoz as well. . . .

Bummer so with me now layed up in bed on me Lap Top and me cold has now got worse and moved into my ear cavity's

Yep I now cant walk with out feeling dizzy or falling over Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Ok so with Paul and Si on the phone asking for tips LOL you cant keep a good man down lol!

Any way they were having a good time by the sounds of it and putting in some good laps . . . BUT the times where in the 20sec mark . . .

Wow I knew it was a tighter track and not flowing as much as the other but thats around 4 sec longer any way looked at the results from last night and they were pretty much on par with last nights guys. . .

So well done to you both I look forward to seeing the pics on here and a bit of a write up of the days testing well just got off phone had a chat to Paul and Si and oh no lost me voice as well now bummer .. . . . . .
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Paul & Si play Empty Re: Paul & Si play

Post  Admin Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:45 am

Today I was due to go to ardent with Gazza but sadly he is now laid up in bed with a stinking cold,
So do I go or do I not well the way the car run last time in round 1 of the winter series I knew it needed some attention. So off I went and the car was just a pig like the last event. I was totally disheartened so I thought back to basics I spent a complete hour resetting everything.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Simon resetting his car

My tyre choice that I have been using at Ardent was now totally crap as I could not take tight turns was this down to the new track layout that I must say is twisty but fast. So a rummage in my tyre box and out popped the tyres I wanted for the front.
Teamnomad with his brushless

Quite of surf of the carpet on the new track

Oh my god the difference this made in the handling of the mini was gob smacking it must have been as even Simon said bloody hell.
I also forgot to put additive on the rear but to late I was out and flying with the car as if it was on rails Ian also comment on how this was going 100% better than it has ever gone no twitchy front end at all tight into the corners and out as well. It was banging 20 21 sec laps not bad when you think the track is bigger

Super turned out car

Simon also had a play about with his tyres as well and he too was storming around the track on 20 second laps. I also used a cleaner on the motor and this proved 10 fold as when we dragged the cars up the strip it left a brushless and a brushed for dead. What a little secret this stuff is.
I have never ever seen the car go so well a few calls to gazza on his sick bed for the last few tips then saw the car in a1 flying mode, just a shame he was not there to witness the event.

Carpet fluff

Maybe it was good that Gazza could not make it as I have learnt so much today without having to bug Gazza about this that and the other.
Jungsi was well on the ball as well today and he too found his car was handling super I must say the new track lay out is totally wicked fast and flowing with some catch out corners

Simon de fluffing his car

Big thanks to Paul Maddox for the 5000 batterys as well mate god they have some hump anyone wanting 4 cell 5000 batterys let me know as i can get them cheap and they are good!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 am

Bang on pics Paul
Had a naff drive home
M1, rain, 5 oclock wicked!

so went to work 5:30 left 1:30 up to Ardent 2:00ish
went straight on the track andjust a few people there!
it was nice to see paul on the track for a change cheers cheers
so with the three hours there I tried toe in toe out, steering rate etc etc
and with the track now changed I would say to do both the off road and others the carpet is a bit grippy in some places and not others,
you can go straight on some sections and vere of on the next, but I'm sure it will get better!
The track as paul said had some sections that would catch you out, also as I found depending from where you stood!
all in all a good track layout, although I'd have wished they would have left the uphill bend open from the off road class!
Mardave airbourne "GREAT"
Great Track!
There was just three mardaves running so we kept stopping to join up then of we went again for so very close and enjoyable racing!
Not sure who the best comentator is though Paul or me!
"I coming up from the rear now get ready"
I thought he was just trying to get on my good side!
Gazza Hope your beter soon! do as I said and your be fine in a couple of gallons Razz Razz
looking forward to the next meeting
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 am

nice on e guys glad you enjoyed it and well done to Paul for getting the grip of the Dave
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:17 pm

affraid Simon as if i would say coming up your rear how you lower the tone!! yes was a cracking day just what the doctor orded, will get a few more practice days in before round two. as december the 12th seem years away, if anyone is intrested we could also do Tamworth as there track is massive as well they run on a saturday.
You was right about the grip it was here there and everywhere, But i think the 12's will put that right this week end.
As i drove home last night i was chuffed that it all came together and the little spray gem worked a treat as even your car went faster after Simon lets hope the Master of Daves will be able to join us next time, cheers cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

"As i drove home last night i was chuffed that it all came together and the little spray gem worked a treat as even your car went faster after Simon lets hope the Master of Daves will be able to join us next time,"

so what's the top tip then for the motor?

I see your rear tyres have the grooves in like mine!!

Now your car is like a dream, what have you now got on for the front tyres? I've now got some 44 and 46 to try.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Top tip is to keep the "com clean" and the whole motor clean.

You use brake cleaner to clean the whole motor and wd40 + cotton buds to clean the com.
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QuackingPlums Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 pm

stox217 wrote:Top tip is to keep the "com clean" and the whole motor clean.

You use brake cleaner to clean the whole motor and wd40 + cotton buds to clean the com.

So brake cleaner from Halfords is the same as motor cleaner that is sold for much more from hobby shops, or is there a subtle difference? I know it certainly smells the same as the stuff that stank out my mum's spare room when I was 15! Laughing

Also, I remember BITD that using WD40 on the com was a no-no; something to do with increasing brush wear/reducing conductivity - has opinion now changed?
QuackingPlums
QuackingPlums

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Any brake cleaner will do. .. the cheaper the better cheers

As for WD40 I use that on the bearings after the brake cleaner Wink

But for the comm pass I leave that to Tomo / Nick there the brushed guy's

As I no longer Race brushed... then here is my secret cheers santa sunny geek king

just a quick spray onto the com while reving motor and you can here it rev 10000rpm more so eat my dust LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah any brake cleaner will do but I prefer to use circuirt board cleaner which leaves no residue when it evaporates then use com drops mixed with some very thin oil on the comm.

(Gazza think you hit the 0 button one too many times Wink )
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 pm

LOL oOK

So I have flu and me eyes are so Fuzzy ( feel like im drunk ) whats a zero amoungst friends

Any way mega p***D off wanna play with me GT car as well Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  QuackingPlums Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey, I just noticed those photos from the earlier post - what foam bumper/mount is that? Is it hard to fit? I desperately need a soft bumper option because my shell has had exactly two outings and is already chewed to b*ggery at the front!

Also I notice that one of those has the ESC and RX mounted on top of the steering servo - is that just to move the weight as far forward as possible? How does that affect handling - I assume it's an improvement but in what way?
QuackingPlums
QuackingPlums

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am

I use liquid Brasso to clean my comm. Just dip a cotton bud in and keep cleaning the comm until no more black crap comes off it. Then use clean cotton buds until again nothing is coming off on them. Then I use brake cleaner to give the whole motor innards a wash and some 3 in 1 oil on the bushings.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 am

affraid Yes Brake cleaner after every run it just made the car fly ask Jungsi he commented how fast it was going
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:26 am

Any brake cleaner works and i dont notice much diffrence between diffrent cleaners tbh.
Its gearing that will make the biggest diffrence
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richie Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 am

I don't use any comms drops or WD40 on my motors anymore, I don't think I need to anymore, especially on the smaller tracks which I'm running. The latest 4 vent Mardave brushed motors don't seem to need it. I did use to find that with repeated use of comm drops the inside of the motor gets clogged up with oily dirt quite quickly. I found that running the motor in hot water with washing up liquid in really cleaned the motor internals up and performance was greatly improved. Richie

Last edited by richie on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
richie
richie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 am

I think if your going to put anything in the comm it should be as small an amount as possible.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QuackingPlums Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Can anybody tell me what bumper this is?:
Admin wrote:
QuackingPlums
QuackingPlums

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:01 am

it's of a tamiya TT01 car. customised to fit.

I have the same on mine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:18 am

I don't bother with a bumper. Never had the need for one yet and it's just extra weight.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:29 am

yea some do some dont but if you have a few bent king pins you will need a bumper
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  QuackingPlums Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 am

Not the pins I'm trying to protect -it's the hours I put into my shell lol!
QuackingPlums
QuackingPlums

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 am

Never had a bent pin and never seem to crash the dave. Maybe down to the fact it's nowhere near as fast as the other cars I race and is just so easy to drive. That's what I love about the Mardave, it's simple design and easy driving which makes for close racing at speeds which aren't going to cost a fortune if anything goes wrong.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 am

they don't save the shells m8 as mine was wrecked after the first heat. the paint was chipped off and it's hard to avoid knocking the car with my driving
all re-sprayed now thow with the new air intake Cool lol!
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  QuackingPlums Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 am

Hmm. Mostly it's the chassis pushing through the front skirt when the wheel arches get caught on the tyres. Also tends to happen when I get shunted from behind. Maybe the front of the shell is just too long.
QuackingPlums
QuackingPlums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next