Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT10 Motors and Cells

4 posters

:: 1/10th :: GT10

Go down

GT10 Motors and Cells Empty GT10 Motors and Cells

Post  Gazza Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:36 am

Well according to some people on RC racechat forum we all need to get 1s lipo and 10.5 as per the rules from the BRCA site and as no one voted changed it it still stands from 2010

3.0 Power
3.1) Battery – 1S LiPo or 1 half of a 2S LiPo saddle pack from the respective BRCA Electric Board lists.
3.2) Motor – GT1 – modified motors from the BRCA EB Modified Motors (Brushed) and Modified Motors (Brushless) homologation lists.
3.3) Motor – GT2 – 10.5 motors from the BRC EB Brushless Spec Motors (10.5T) homologation lists.

So there you go 10.5 and 1s LiPo

BRCA rules from 2010 click me
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

GT10 Motors and Cells Empty Re: GT10 Motors and Cells

Post  Tomo Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:09 am

Still think my suggestion would get more racers racing.
10.5 1s sounds like it was dreamt up by the 12th section and I do believe it puts tc drivers off joining the class as it requires buying new gear.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 am

Yea I did tell them on rc race chat but my post got deleted PMSL nothing new there then

So get ready for 1s lipo 10.5 or pack in now lol
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 am

who says we have to stick with that? who says ardent has to abide by these rules?

look at the cars we race, the Xray and the calandra. what are they set up for? yes a 2S LIPO so im going to stick with a 10.5 and a 2S lipo and continue and balls to the BRCA one directional way of thinking
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 am

Calm down Gazza yea its BRCA rules at THERE EVENTS we can run what we like at clubs but 2s and 13.5 not 10.5
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 am

The way I look at it is we have fun and the cars are even, Its down to driver ability and set up skill and a Gt will handle well aslong as its not tweaked and has some good tyres on it and the control blue stripe or carbon wheel control tyres are superb.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:44 am

Tomo wrote:Still think my suggestion would get more racers racing.
10.5 1s sounds like it was dreamt up by the 12th section and I do believe it puts tc drivers off joining the class as it requires buying new gear.

Actually it was dreamt up by me, I got off my arse and proposed something to the BRCA because nobody else did! I raced touring cars and 12th at the time. What puts touring car drivers of pan cars is they try to apply the same set up logic to a pan car that they apply to a touring car, and can't make a car with a hinge in the middle of a chassis work and dismiss them as rubbish within a few weeks.

The cars were originally run on 4 cells both here and in the states some of the cars (Cefx speedmerchant and others) will not take 6 cells. In the states they were 4 cell 13.5 with at the time non advancing speedos were thought to be too slow also at the time there were no touring cars running 13.5 because 10.5 was the premiere stockclass. When round cells became impossible to get as competition pack I proposed a change to 1S lipo following what had happened in the states.

Moral of the story is if you want something different fill out a proposal form in the autumn and get yourself or someone who will speak for you to the AGM.

The new rules have been adjusted by the BRCA 12th section for the summer series, I have run to the EPS rules in Germany where 1s 10.5 competes with 2s 17.5. There is very little difference in performance, the 17.5 cars were slightly quicker off the corner than a BRCA spec 10.5 because EPS runs open rotors so they have a little bit more torque with a BRCA spec 17.5 there should be nothing in it.

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down