Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip off prices

5 posters

Go down

How many people buy Abroad because its cheaper

Rip off prices I_vote_lcap89%Rip off prices I_vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Rip off prices I_vote_lcap11%Rip off prices I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Rip off prices Empty Rip off prices

Post  Gazza Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Evere get the Idea we are getting ripped off on prices on things

Special prices and consistant supply for tyres, wheels and motors for all the classes of the series have been arranged.

Super Production Cup (SPC-UK)

4WD GT Motors now in stock.
The brand new HPI Flux PRO 13.5T brushless motors will be available for the 4WD GT class of the SPC. These are available to SPC racers at a price of £30 (rrp £64.98). This is available for drivers entering 4 or more rounds of the 4WD GT class, although we can still offer a good price for those entering fewer rounds. Email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more details

These motors are also BRCA legal and can be used at many other events and club racing.

I know there only for people who are entering the SPC but if they can sell them at that price ?

The fusion 13.5 for example is £40

Why do I get the feeling they can do it all the time not Just HPI but ALL Manufactures . . If the Brca said a Price limit of only £50 I wonder how many would say yea . . . . OK

Last edited by Gazza on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Rip off prices Empty Re: Rip off prices

Post  gazag Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 pm

not a rip off at all gazza

the shop trade prices arent at 30quid and we dont get ripped off after reserch and devlopment costs, shipping, advertising, stock and store and so on. they are a RRP bur that is RECOMENDED to the shops. the trade price is the important price and is what manufactures sell and make a profit on. dont bad mouth the distributers look to your hobby stores for a discount.
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 pm

As in over all prices Gazza im not havinga go at one shop I mean over all in general . . ..

Like Nicads and Nimhs for you normal house hold stuff there cheap but for model cars they where over priced
( please dont quote matched & Balanced )
And now with LiPos the price is droping every where because they know the price of LiPos we use in planes are cheap like £30 for a good LiPo and its the Same CELLS you use in cars with a Hard plastic case for cars now . . . all tho some are still way over priced

But there getting there now

Now I know you buy from abroad like most racers Gazza. . . kettle pot black rings a bell here Razz
So lets See if us the public think we are paying over the top . . . .

I voted NO because I use my Local Model shop and they always looks after me HENCE I KEEP GOING BACK TO THEM

well done [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 am

I will always buy abroad were possible for the savings you make yes Model shops have to make a living but not at the exspence of us paying high inflated price top that with vat and you can see why abroad is better
No one forced them into model shops for a living that was there choice but look at the climate now and you can see why people will wait a little longer and make bigger savings thats the name of the game!!!!!! i know one model shop that has empty boxes on the shelf and order from the empty boxes i want it now if im going in a model shop not the next 14 days
so again abroad for me!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  peet Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:55 am

i buy from abroad when i cant get it from the Local model shop. That is a good price for the motor cos i know for a fact that shop cost price is 45 quid so that would be the cheepest you would get it from a shop and they would be making nothing on it you cant knock the shops for making 20 quid on a motor

pete

peet

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:39 am

normal mark up is 20% pete not 50% like most shops charge, RC stuff is way to over priced in this country the rest of the world get it much cheaper, but there are some good guys out there who will have a deal with you if you ask nicely.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down