Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell bent

+2
Tomo
Admin
6 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushed

Go down

Hell bent Empty Hell bent

Post  Admin Sun May 01, 2011 4:24 pm

seems some are hell bent on the lipo this lipo that lets not forget Mardaves roots that was with the 4 cell G2 yes i have brushless set up but i enjoy the stock class very much as well so much so that i have not raced my brushless for the winter or summer series this year.
Were i understand the need for moving on dont forget the low budget racer that cannot afford to be in the lipo gang or the kid with his first car. yes lipo is great but its not the B all and end all of dave racing.. affraid affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hell bent Empty Re: Hell bent

Post  Tomo Sun May 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Lipo 13.5 brushless is also the stock class.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Maybe you missed the point there Tomo!!!!! bounce bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 pm

No I didn't. Lipo is the future along with li-fe cells as nimhs become more difficult to find as the tech world (mobile phones laptops etc) switch exclusively to newer tech as has always been the case so it makes sense to talk and discuss lipos, does it not?

I do hate silvercans (G2) with a passion theyre crap and only cheap rtr cars and mardaves use them.
Mardave has a great name and history to go with it but has been left behind and while people will argue silvercan is cheap with the price of lipos and speedos like the speed passion stuff from hong kong it simply isnt as cheap as brushless/lipo so again why not chat about this?
It seems like a golden oppotunity to get more racers into the fold who may race other classes or have raced mardaves at say the hinkley GP and got Peed!!! off with the in-equality of handout motors, with silvercan motors being hugely cheatable for those in the know.

So again lipo and brushless may not be the bee all and end all........... But its well worth chatting about.

Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sun May 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok then, the roots of mardave mayb silver can but as for cost to do brushless for the average racer!!! or youngsters starting up!!!!

G2 STD class,
Motor £9 For 1 year good racing then you need a new one.
esc £70 V60 to be on par with the others.
batts £40 x2 For good cells
Total = £159.00

Brushless STD class,
motor esc combo £80 No need for a new motor in a year.
lipo £40 Only 1 needed
Lipo booster £9 If needed
Total = £129.00

So how is it better to do G2 STD when Brushless is cheaper?

BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Also buddy the top g2 guys ge probably 3-4meetings out of a g2 before they swap it out as it's lost it's edge.
But you also have to take into account the cost of everything that goes with running at the front so a motor dyno to pick the best silvercan then you have the discharge trays etc for cell maintenance also. With brushless all you really need is a good balance charger and a tyre truer which you would need in brushed or brushless.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sun May 01, 2011 10:08 pm

That's not all Tomo as I didn't go mega into detail but -

Motor cleaner £5
Wd40 £?
cotton buds £?
Also the hassle of taking the motor out to pray the crap out.

I could go on and on about how crap the G2 class is compared to brushless but each to there own ay.

I've only done one meeting in brushless and loads in G2 and every time in G2 I just got jacked of by how unfair the cars are then one meeting in brushless and I was calm collected (but very I'll on the day) and loved every second of it.

So in short G2 is a no no no no no no for me but good look to you all if you stick to it.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 am

i agree brushless and lipo is the way forward the batterys are lighter and both battery and motor are more eficiant but if you want to mess about at club level a cheap £20 speedo and g2 works fine
ME:MTC

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 am

wait for it lads i wont say any thing , just a good job its not elegal to do a u trun on a forum Razz

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon May 02, 2011 2:47 am

LOL came home and looked on here and hmmm no posts yet PMSL but its going to be a good un
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 am

I Eat My words

Talk about eat your words well I’m now the master of that. I posted about brushless being the B all and end all and how the brushed is okay well I take it all back after today at Ardent.
The car was slow from the word go so slow it was a pathetic sight so gazza and neil tried different things to get it to respond.
For this I must say a massive thank you as well be for I forget I purchased a V60 from Alex and thought I would be on the pace nothing was further from the truth. No panic I had another new motor so I was okay we whipped it in just a tiny bit faster. But still slow.
So out came the 13.5 brushless in it went and bingo the car was a rocket I had a smile like a Cheshire cat and I must say that it stayed on the pace for the rest of the meeting no fuss no mess so now im converted to the brushless set and looking forward to my next meeting.
So guys there you have it gone is the black art of brushed g2 never ever will I touch one again!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

told ya . . told ya . . . told ya so

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

U TURN NOW DONE I HOLD MY HANDS UP!!!!!!

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 02, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Mon May 02, 2011 5:38 am

lol fair play but glad it went better

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am

oh yes another one joins the Flock
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

lol! Now the fun begins as with brushless it's all racing and no crap with G2 rubbish Rolling Eyes
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Well I must say we tried every thing on Pauls car ESC - Battery - Motors Paul even got a V60 and it was still slow and I mean slow. . .
No matter what we did even changing gear ratios it still made no differance and by now Paul was getting to the point of Packing up. . .

To which I said have you still got that brushless setup and that was it we swoped it over there and then got the motor on the wrong side so was even slower LOL but after I played with it . . . well that was it another happy racer
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

You bet Gazza i was over the moon seeing how well it went even keeping up with you and Neil down the straight gone are the brushed g2 motor no more crapping about charge it race it Black art they can keep it!!!!!! thats my u turn all done
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

did he make sure his end points were up. on my spectrum they were set to 100 so turnd them up to 150 and that did it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down