Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with 12r5.1 .......

2 posters

Go down

Help with 12r5.1 ....... Empty Help with 12r5.1 .......

Post  HB-Dom Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 am

i know this section isnt exactly for this but the 12th section disapeared a while ago.
I am after some advise on setup for my 12r5.1, Aimed mostly at you Mark and Jason cheers
I would like to know the springs, castor and oils you use as im try to understand my chassis and set up more and see how i can improve,
( I know i need to work on the driving bit Razz )
I will be running 10.5 blinky and trying mod for the frist time, trying to continue improving from this seasons nationals.
I will be greatefully for any advise and help you can offer me.
thanks dom
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Help with 12r5.1 ....... Empty Re: Help with 12r5.1 .......

Post  markb Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 am

HB-Dom wrote:i know this section isnt exactly for this but the 12th section disapeared a while ago.
I am after some advise on setup for my 12r5.1, Aimed mostly at you Mark and Jason cheers
I would like to know the springs, castor and oils you use as im try to understand my chassis and set up more and see how i can improve,
( I know i need to work on the driving bit Razz )
I will be running 10.5 blinky and trying mod for the frist time, trying to continue improving from this seasons nationals.
I will be greatefully for any advise and help you can offer me.
thanks dom

This will need to be from memory as my set up book is at home:
Centre shock = 35-40 wt oil, Associated Gold spring (I go to Red on the rare occasions I need more steering)
Side shock = 35-40 wt oil
Side spring = Associated Gold or Blue
Castor = 5 degrees on the main blocks, then I think 3.25 on the washers

For 1S LiPo I'm finding the Protoform AMR shell works best for me. I did run the Black Art Bomb-R for a couple of meetings where I needed serious steering. But overall it's the AMR.

Tyres - I was running magenta/magenta a lot last year. If not that then magenta fronts and pink rears.

Cheers
Mark
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  HB-Dom Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks Mark
I have been running 20wt in the side shock and calandra white side springs and have not had enough steering,
so will definitely try the associated gold springs that i have and try 35/40 wt oil.
I run magenta fronts , magenta, pink or yellow rears as these have what ive been given from Mr Stiles and i have been doing best on magenta, magenta.

Also what front springs are you using?

Thanks for the help
Dom
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 am

HB-Dom wrote:Thanks Mark
I have been running 20wt in the side shock and calandra white side springs and have not had enough steering,
so will definitely try the associated gold springs that i have and try 35/40 wt oil.
I run magenta fronts , magenta, pink or yellow rears as these have what ive been given from Mr Stiles and i have been doing best on magenta, magenta.

Also what front springs are you using?

Thanks for the help
Dom

That's about the oil weight we start with when we first ran the 12R5. Stiffer is better (to a point obviously!).

The CRC side springs are I think stiffer than the Associated springs. They are also shorter. I saw a Dutch racer running them a couple of years ago, and they really restricted side-to-side movement. Go back to the Associated Gold or Blue side springs. You won't regret it Cool

One thing I forgot to mention is try 1mm spacers between the front lower wishbone, and the blue ally mount. This will widen the front end and in my experience makes the car a touch easier to drive. You will need to lenghten the top links to get back to the right camber (about 1 degrees negative).

Front springs - 20lbs everywhere (the kit spring).

I do like Magenta/Magenta Very Happy
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  HB-Dom Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks mark,
I will defiantly take you advise and go back to associated springs, i already have put 1mm spacers on the lower wish bone and im running about -1 camber Very Happy
thanks for the help cheers
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down