Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pulse 2.4

+5
Gazza
ME:MTC
BuddyRC
Jaykelvik
Admin
9 posters

Go down

pulse 2.4 Empty pulse 2.4

Post  Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Well i purchased the pulse 2.4 radio just before christmas i thought it was a great radio until i got gliches could not run the v60 nor the g28. then every now and then the signal would drop for a split second.
While having a conversation with Chris Wilkinson of Mardave he told me lots of the radios were sold even tho they had the new stock og digital FHSS models in but they tried to clear them out. Chris gave me the name of Wez at CML one call to him and the mention of Chris's name saw me get a new FHSS model just bring your old one back no questions asked but a straight swap back in. Now that is what i call service so if you have the pulse radio with no blue border on the tramsmitter and no blue reciver you have old shitty stock

NOW THATS SERVICE FOR YOU

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

pulse 2.4 Empty Re: pulse 2.4

Post  Jaykelvik Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:49 pm

yes yes yes yes and so on and so on ive had this for freaking weeks now ive gone back to 40meg this has been driving me nuts but my local store keeps dodging the fact and now refuses to send it back

mine would some times do a hole race perfect if you had a slight knock it would cut out , and you would have to either re-bind it or have to unplug the batterys and replug em in to get going again , i had tryed everything i used my pan cars lipo booster and i used a 4700f 10v plug and yet it still happened the blue Recivers tho do not work with the old handset ive been told by *again* my local store so if i send it back im likely to to have to pay for a new hand set

i thought this was a bargain at £90 how wrong was I.

Jay
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

http://www.westsuffolkmcc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:42 am

I've got the first line of these sets as the name was CORE RC then pulse made them and they are the crap ones.

I've not had any glitches with mine but the v60 didnt work with it but who knows if it was the esc anyway?!? as every other esc and brushless esc is fine and dandy

Laughing
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 am

so lesson here is dont be cheep buy a spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:12 am

Ok i will try and put this in prespective the radio i have or should i say had and the same as yours Buddy are old stock. they had loads of problems with them they cannot pick up the V60 because they cannot determine the nutral in time. they will not run with tamiya esc and when i talked to CML and chris wilkinson both confirmed their is and still is a software issue.
So now the FSHH model will work with near every speed controller and no software issues like its fore leader. I was at CML today were no questions asked but could change it over free of charge for the latest model.
But due to them not having them in stok i had to travel to Leicester to get the new model. that being Tonys models then the drive home only to find that the on off switch was up the creek a dry joint.
Quick call back to CML and within 10 mins they had located me one at KITS & BITS coventry nipped over picked it up. home in the car works a treat no more problems no trouble job done
big thank you to

CHRIS WILKINSON
WEZ CML
TONYS MODELS
KITS AND BITS
MARK DIRECTOR CML
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:30 am

Glad you sorted out ready for sunday
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:53 am

yup ready and rearing to go Mark Pickles will soon be joining the mardave cresw as well
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 am

Wicked ill be back in the winter with another one
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Interesting - I'd been suffering with some odd glitches using a Spektrum module in my Futaba 3VCS. I'd tried different Rx's and swapped the LiFe Rx battery pack. But no joy.

Worst was at the Snowbirds where I had no control at all for one practice run. And a couple of turned left but went right moments in a qualifier.

My theory is there are lots of devices running 2.4 but only so many frequencies.

I ordered a Futaba FASST module and Rx after a glitch filled meeting. Set it up, turned it to HRS for high response ( Twisted Evil ) and haven't looked back.

It binds at power on quicker, is really quick to respond to steering inputs and most importantly given the problem I was trying to cure hasn't suffered a single glitch.

Can't recommend it highly enough Wink

Mark
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes its the Same as the KO 2.4 there having proplems as well when switching on and getting it to bind hence when I got my KO I made sure it came with the Spectrum module
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 am

Well I've not had any glitches with my code rc but as paul phoned me and explained what his was like on Sunday I've phoned CML today and they said because the make is code rc then they will not help me or exchange it and as I don't no where the resipt is as I have had mine nearly 2 years then the modle shop can't help either.

I've emailed code rc and waiting for a response but I'm not that bothered as mine doesn't glitch.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:03 am

Mark,

I had the same sort of issue with a Spektrum module in my Futabe 3VCS too. Most of the really bad issues were when there were several other cars on the track and I sometimes got a better / clearer run when it was just me.

I tried everything - swapping between 4 different receivers, 3 speedos, different servos and could not pin anything down. It was not a constant problem but would come and go with no real pattern. Sometimes turning it all off and then on again would work for a while, simetimes re-binding it would work, sometimes re-settign the endpoints on the speedo would help. Of course, sometimes it would not!

In the end I swapped the Spektrum module back to the 40MHz one that came with the handset and everything worked perfectly. It has done so in different cars with different gear for several meetings now. What's more, I have also tried some KO 40MHz radio gear and have also had perfectly clean races with that setup too.

What really anoys me is that I thought is might have been my speedos and even sent a couple back for testing. Of course, they were returned with a "no problem found" message.

Now, I realise that 2.4GHz stuff should not have any issues with glitches but it seems odd that my kit worked best when I was the only car on the track. Add more cars and you increased the chances of glitches. Remove the 2.4GHz radio and go back to 40MHz and the problems go? Odd! I've heard of many clubs that have had the same sort of problems when several drivers turn on to 2.4GHz at the same sort of time. Like you said, there are only so many chanels that can be used?

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 am

Yea been a lot of problems with futaba and there fhss hss systems dont know why but just dont like spread tecnoligy of the spektrum system
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 am

I have watched a 2.4 Ghz frequency monitor during a race, and it made interesting viewing. Some systems stuck to one frequency, and others moved around.

From what I understand we all need to be more careful about turning on a 2.4 system during a race. We might think it won't impact any car that is racing...but the system needs to search around and find a frequency.

As I mentioned I had a lot of issues with a Spektrum Pro system. Changed more than I listed before to find a cure...rebound the system a lot, changed Tx modue antenna and so on. Seemed to have very few problems running on my own or with low numbers, and it got worse with more racers and 2.4 kit in the area.

Also know of others who have gone back to 40Mhz as a cure, and in some cases 27Mhz.

I don't have any experience of the Futaba FHSS system, but I know how the FASST system works and it is impressive. It continuously shifts frequency, the Rx has two antennas and will use the one with the strongest signal, and there is some predictive software to select frequencies based on data trends.

I now won't race with anything else Cool
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

pulse 2.4 Empty cre

Post  woody_woody Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 pm

yep ..i having the exact same trouble with mine , only its a core radio , so cml dont deal with those its schumacher racing , an they aint interested in helping me with it unless i pay them to have a look ....so i'm dickered

woody_woody

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear that woody you are second person that has had no joy because its a core radio. im glad i found out about the software problem with these radios only by a chance talk with chris wilkinson. mine was the pulse just the same radio bet hey presto i had mine changed for the new FSHH radio that iks now a dream to own. Its a sad fact that the core radio was released with software problems. the bigger problem comes when you want anothere reciver then you are realy deep in the land of sh*te. my advice would be dump it and move on futaba are good but christ look at the price of a second reciver.
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  woody_woody Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 pm

ShortiePaul wrote:Sorry to hear that woody you are second person that has had no joy because its a core radio. im glad i found out about the software problem with these radios only by a chance talk with chris wilkinson. mine was the pulse just the same radio bet hey presto i had mine changed for the new FSHH radio that iks now a dream to own. Its a sad fact that the core radio was released with software problems. the bigger problem comes when you want anothere reciver then you are realy deep in the land of sh*te. my advice would be dump it and move on futaba are good but christ look at the price of a second reciver.
its ok dude , edit happens , i already had a pulse fhss system , which i bought from a model shop after they told me they would work on core recievers, which it didnt , and yes they work like a dream , the old core will do just for bashing i guess ....thanks dude

woody_woody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum