Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Trak chargers

5 posters

Go down

Pro Trak chargers Empty Pro Trak chargers

Post  Admin Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Well i do make use of my time off i have spoken to the director of pro trak chargers just to inform you guys with nimhs and lipos they are thinking of releaing a lipo versions also they still do the cell charger as well anyone intrested in these great chargers please do get in touch with him great guy very helpfull

ADVANTAGES OF USING Pro-Trak

What really makes Pro-Trak unique is that it provides the advantages of individual cell monitoring during charging and discharging without having to unsolder the cells from the pack.

Most chargers on the market detect when a pack is charged by monitoring either its temperature or the negative delta peak.

However the major advantage that Pro-Trak has over these is the ability to charge the pack while monitoring the condition of each cell individually.

For example a charger charges the pack and switches off when the pack reaches the negative delta fallback level. However unless the pack is very well matched some cells may not have been charged fully and other cells may have been overcharged. In other words you may think your pack is OK when in reality you don't know and there is no way of finding out.

With Pro-Trak this situation is easily detected and the mismatched cells identified.

The same applies when discharging. Although the pack may be discharged to the correct level. It is quite possible for some cells to be discharged to the point that they actually reverse polarity. This situation is not only damaging to the reversed cell but can also damage the other cells in the pack.

Pro-Trak will never allow this condition to occur, as soon as a cell is detected falling below 0.10 volts the discharge is stopped. In addition Pro-Trak actually identifies the cause of the problem., (remote leads must be fitted for Pro-Trak to detect cells falling to 0.1 volts).

Finally no longer will you have to unsolder your cells in order to test them. Unsoldering cells can lead to premature damage. Really the only time you should unsolder cells is to remove/replace faulty ones. With Pro-Trak you can test the cells while connected as a pack.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Pro Trak chargers Empty Re: Pro Trak chargers

Post  Gazza Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:44 am

been doing Lipo charger for ages with my pro trak
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 am

Gazza wrote:been doing Lipo charger for ages with my pro trak

me to and lots of others I would also guess

chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

http://www.rccarclub.co.uk/trcc/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 am

Ok guys what i mean is he is going back into production of the units dont kill the messanger
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 am

LOL you said and I Quote

" they are thinking of releaing a lipo versions "

So like I said they already have one cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Spoken to Phil @ Pro-Trak and here's his line

It would be the latest version Li-Po, Ni-Mh and LI-Fe. Just less the discharge and any function that needed discharge (part charge would be missing as is needs discharge before part charge). Price would probably be about £90. Phil
chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:41 pm

chequered_flag_racing wrote:Spoken to Phil @ Pro-Trak and here's his line

It would be the latest version Li-Po, Ni-Mh and LI-Fe. Just less the discharge and any function that needed discharge (part charge would be missing as is needs discharge before part charge). Price would probably be about £90. Phil

would be nice to be able to charge at least 2 packs at once as this is the way chargers are moving

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Neil crutchlow wrote:
chequered_flag_racing wrote:Spoken to Phil @ Pro-Trak and here's his line

would be nice to be able to charge at least 2 packs at once as this is the way chargers are moving

Might be possible now as the discharge software is not in the ROM.
chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  sheepdog Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 pm

The Etronics 4 pal is now down to £107 at JE Spares, awesome charger, £17 more but can charge 4 sets of batteries at once Smile

sheepdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Is it 12v only ?

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 pm

sheepdog wrote:The Etronics 4 pal is now down to £107 at JE Spares, awesome charger, £17 more but can charge 4 sets of batteries at once Smile

If your charging 4 x 5000mAh batteries you'll need a 20 amp psu minimum though
chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down