Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st tamworth meet

4 posters

Go down

1st tamworth meet Empty 1st tamworth meet

Post  ShortiePaul Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:53 am

Tamworth RC Club

Well what can I say what a cracking night we all had at Tamworth such a nice laid back run club? It was great to see 4 F1 cars at the first testing sadly Gazza Graham & Tomo could not make the night.

I must say the Coffee and cakes was something else big thumbs up to who ever baked the cakes very nice Alex Andy & John made the journey to the club and myself all seemed to have a great time by the 3 round they was saying how good the track and location is with the fast back straight and the demanding infield.
Alex was on top form flying around the Tamworth track But big john was even faster.
Me I was just happy to plod along.
These guys at Tamworth have got things taped as to the way it was run and the friendliness was something else
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NOW THIS IS A SUPER BIG TRACK
Having taken my 1/18 buggy as well I was totally sold on the buggy racing fast and wild shame I did not notice that you had a turn on the straight over the first jump
And put the car planted into the barrier.
The marshal put the little devil back on the track and away it went with not a care in the world.
Most people comment on how nice it was to see the F1’s running on Tamworth track
A lot more skill is needed than on Bedworth’s open track that’s for sure picking your line is a major factor.

THE GUYS WHO MAKE IT HAPPEN
Anyone who has not raced at Tamworth do not know what they are missing such a nice track warm well lit good company what more could you want.
All the F1 guys said that they will support Tamworth’s F1 winter series that can only be good news for f1 I think when the word gets round then the grids will fill fast.

Me I am torn now between F1 and the 1/18th micro buggy’s so much fun it’s unreal
The meeting run like clockwork and at the end of the night the track was packed away with no fuss at all.
£5.00 is the membership fee of the club now that is bloody good value in anyone’s books and you get £2.00 off your BRCA membership stonking value.
I will be back for more coffee and cakes and good company and great racing I think everyone of us was made to feel welcome and
Seasoned carpet racers were happy to give us all advice and help.
You can see why the nationals are held here at Tamworth
BIG SMILES
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

1st tamworth meet Empty Re: 1st tamworth meet

Post  Alex Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 am

I have to say it was a great night. Tamworth is a club to be proud of for all those involved. Everyone made us feel really welcome.

It was a bit of a learning curve running the F1's on carpet, but was fun getting to grips with it. John and Andy were pretty much on it from the off and were just getting faster and faster, from then on i was just playing catch up. I thought i had just about scraped the win in the final when John retired, only to be told the transponder hadn't worked Rolling Eyes

It took a bit of skill and eyes that were taped open to get to grips with the track, but the feeling when you got it right was brilliant.

Can't wait for the next night

Alex

Last edited by Alex on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:26 am

Nice one alex glad you liked it mate glad you never said anything about my head on smash into the barrier with my 1/18th Razz
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeff clifton Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 am

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ENJOYED THE EVENING.

Iwas pleased it didnt take long to get a half decent set up to make the cars work on the carpet .I spoke to one of the guys over a cuppa and he reconed they would soon be quicker than the tourers !!!!!!!!!

TAMWORTH LEAUGE WILL HOLD ITS FIRST ROUND ON 14TH NOV

ALSO ON 2ND JAN WE WILL HOST THE FIRST F1 GT10 INDOOR GP

DETAILS TO BE ANOUNCED SHORTLY

Cheers jeff

jeff clifton

Back to top Go down

Post  chippyjon Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 am

i must say what a great time i had you could not of asked for a better venue and everyone where so helpful ,i learn' t so much about set ups for carpet,and the racing was just fantastic its been years since i enjoyed racing RC cars this much and really looking forward to the next one.

I would like to say thanks to every one involved with the club.

wheres the other pics you took of the cars on track?

chippyjon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down