Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED !!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED  !!!!! Empty Leicester Model Car Club SAVED !!!!!

Post  the old gimmer Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:28 am

Great news Leicester Model Car Club has been saved from closure by the formation of a new syndicate membership who have got together and put some money behind the club.
Leicester Model Car Club was formed over 25years by the then owner of Mardave Cars, Wes Rainer and has seen racing at many different venues in the City and County over the years. Today its firmly back where it belongs in Leicester City Centre only a 100 yards from the original Mardave factory . For full details check us out at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the old gimmer
the old gimmer

Back to top Go down

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED  !!!!! Empty Re: Leicester Model Car Club SAVED !!!!!

Post  dirtyghost Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 am

Well done mate im glad to here you guys are moving forward again and that the club has a new lease of life.
Once im back to normal with me health ill come over and have a nights racing with ya, ill try and bring some of the other lads over as well.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED  !!!!! Empty Re: Leicester Model Car Club SAVED !!!!!

Post  stox217 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:39 am

we will be over affraid
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am

nice one dave glad to hear the good news mate best stop counting my pennys now then hope to come over and take some pics very soon
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED  !!!!! Empty " Thanks guys "

Post  the old gimmer Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, really enjoyed your company over the summer, If you can make it it would be great to see you all. Leicester is the kind of club you race what you've brung ! That said we've currently got kinda 3 groups at the moment , Tamiya, touring car and 1/12th that said its a big hall we're currently racing on 5 widths of carpet full length. If we could get 3 or 4 F1'S we'd certainly put a heat on for ya.
the old gimmer
the old gimmer

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:22 pm

how about mardaves?
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Leicester Model Car Club SAVED  !!!!! Empty MARDAVES MOST WELCOME....

Post  the old gimmer Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:00 am

What i like to do where possible at Leicester is to try and group cars together ie 1/12th one heat, tamiyas one heat, F1'S one heat , touring cars one heat etc etc etc. The biggest problem as with any club is time, with setting up at 6.30pm , first race at 7.30pm and packing away for 10.30pm its always a busy night.
As i said i do like to race the same cars together where possible, more fun, however if theres only 2 cars turn up say tamiyas to save time i'd put them in with the touring cars , do you get my drift.
At Leicester we like to take it easy and ensure everyone has fun, we've never turned anyone away, so race what youve brung and enjoy.
the old gimmer
the old gimmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down