Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marti and the tribe go to tamworth

3 posters

Go down

Marti and the tribe go to tamworth Empty Marti and the tribe go to tamworth

Post  dirtyghost Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 am

Hi there guys and girls, well we took a trip over to Tamworth tonight to have a look at the club and have to say what a great place it is, the track is massive, now when i heard it was big i couldn’t quite comprehend how big 33m long was but I have to say biggggg it most certainly is I would say almost as big as Hinckley there really cant be that much in it.
We arrived at the club at about 6.45 and upon entering the main hall was immediately met with familiar faces which were the guys from the cov club who are having a go at the F1's over the winter, was nice to see some friendly faces straight away.
Walked down the hall a little and bumped into Alex who was racing his F1 and then Dez chand from Radio Race Car was also there supporting the F1's.
Found Paul (Shortie) the leader of this place (RCCC) and was immediately introduced to Rich who was pitting right next to him, a shake of hands and a little banter with Rich and another of the guys approaches and this turned out to be none other than Geff Clifton the main man up there at TRRAC and i have to say what a nice guy, another shake of hands and a chat with him for a while just to get the gist of what goes on up there and it was down to watching some racing.
The F1’s were going at an incredible pace so fast down the back straight it wasn’t even funny with some of the guys running 12x2 and 19t motors on 6cells they had speed in bucket loads.
But as well as F1’s there was pan cars touring cars and buggies, buggies are my new vice I’ve now got 2, 1 FTX blaze and an rc18b both running brushless systems and boy o boy do they shift also so fast its hard to believe.
The little buggies are great I cant wait to get up there and have a race or three with the lads you just know my sights are going to be firmly set on Paul and rich bring it on boys cant wait for this to happen …lol
Anyway a fantastic night up at Tamworth with Paul, rich and Alex, was nice to catch up with the cov lads again for a chat and see some familiar faces.
Geff thanks for making me and my tribe feel welcome, that’s a great club you have there with a friendly, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, I can’t wait to bring my lad back up and have a race or two with you guys.
Great guys, great track, friendly atmosphere, and not to forget the all important tea and cakes that are on sale, it was worth going just for them.

If i haven't given you a mention sorry, my memory is terrible but im sure paul will be along shortly with some picks of the night and to fill in the blanks See you all soon.

Marti.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Marti and the tribe go to tamworth Empty Re: Marti and the tribe go to tamworth

Post  ShortiePaul Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:35 pm

What more can i say great to see new faces taking partt in the Tamworth f1 warm ups the company was great the racing was brill so many new faces at Tamwoth this has got to rank as a No1 club for all rc nuts to pen in their diary
heres a few pics from sats meet
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
THE TEA LADY KEEPS THE RACERS OILED AND LOVERLY HOMEMADE CAKES

JEFF PAUL AND MARTI JEFF WHOOPS I GROWN SOME EARS WERE DID THEY COME FROM

PETE WORKS NONE STOP TO GET THE TRACK OUT VERY NICE GUY

MY PIT BUDDY RICH BIT OF A DIRTY RACER lol!

SOME RACERS IN THE PITS

PAUL MARTI WITH THE ENTRY IN RADIO RACE CAR

SOME INTENCE PIT WORK IN BREAK

ALEX & JOHN F1 BOYS

DEZ CHAND BREAK DANCING

CONNER OVER THE MOON THAT HE NOW HAS A BUGGY SOON TO SEE HIM AT TAMWORTH

BEN CLIFTON GREAT CHAP FULL OF GOOD ADVICE AND HELP

PETE AND ALEX DEEP IN CHAT

RICHARD GT10 GUY TAKES A BREAK FROM RACING

DEZ CHECKS THE PLACINGS

SAM CLIFTON A DEMOND WHAT EVER HE DRIVES

CONNER WITH HIS NEW BUGGY READY TO DO BATTLE VERY SOON

RICH CONFUSED
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 am

Nice write up Marti and good pics Paul.

Had a good night even though i only managed 2 heats. The first having problems with play in the servo saver causing me to veer all over the place. The second heat proved a lot better, much quicker but managed to clip a track marker and killed the new servo saver. Managed to set a mew PB even though i retired about 2 laps short. Finally found a set-up that is working for the F104. Still can't keep up with some of those F1-09's though......

Roll on next week cheers

Alex

oh, can someone get this thread moved to the General discussion section so it isn't within the carisma section. Thanks.

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down