Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby what aturn out

+3
stox217
HB-Dom
dirtyghost
7 posters

Go down

Rugby what aturn out Empty Rugby what aturn out

Post  dirtyghost Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi guys, well what can i say......what a turn out for rugby last night ive never seen so many there.

If you haven't been to rugby yet its a fantastic little club situated in a small village hall not that hard to find either, friendly people and great facility's...tea/coffee and chocolate crisps and stuff are on sale to keep you going plenty of tables and power supplied to all tables as well, the tracks not the biggest (a little smaller than DDMCR) but it makes for some great close racing especially with 6 cars in 1 race.
The racing was dominated by Mark and Nick Cooper, they make quite a formidable team and its quite funny at times listening to the banter between them up on the podium they give each other quite a challenge most of the time with last night being no different with nick dominating for most of it but Mark beating him buy 3 full laps in 1 of the races.....What went wrong there Nicky the old man got 1 over on ya................. lol ,No to be honest it was a tight race and nick spent half of it fighting people off, if it wasn't me blocking and trying to stay in front of him it was someone else..great fun racing.

Well team Maiden was there last night as well and Aaron was having a go on sticks to see if that would stop his finger jabbing (old habit from nitro racing on wheel radio's) but to no avail and got very frustrated using sticks and gave up on it, Aaron you gave up on it to soon mate you were doing well just didn't give it enough time you were smoother on the sticks keep at it mate it'll come.
Big thanks to RoyBoy (Roy Maiden) for giving Connor a new motor when his decided to catch fire and burnt the com out, thanks mate very much appreciated and Con was over the moon honest, he's a teenager and its a little hard to tell what happy is at times with him lol but he was made up.

Got a few more cars to paint also last night so watch out in the paint section for the pics ill get some step by steps up as soon as i get started, Dom ill get your paint ordered matey Monday morning and try and have it done for next weekend for you.
Also picked up a 12th pan rear end for project "DAVE CART" so those who know what's going on with that "I got 1" ad those who don't there will be info popping up on the site soon, just a little project but something different so keep watching the Dave section.

Next meeting at rugby will be next Saturday so if you have a dave lying around and have nout to do next week why not pencil rugby in and come and have a race a brew and a great night with us over there, laid back racing and normally 4 heats and a final depending on numbers.

Here is some photo's of last nights fun....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Rugby what aturn out Empty rugby

Post  HB-Dom Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 pm

yea,
i havent seen rugby that packed in the 3 years i have raced there,
seemed a grate place to be last night and great racing aswell.
you will have to keep us up dated about the 'dave cart' and im shure i can find some more parts for you,
prehaps you could start the class up at rugby so that they have something unique???
i will hopefully see you at rugby next week Very Happy What a Face
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Rugby what aturn out Empty Re: Rugby what aturn out

Post  stox217 Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 pm

dirtyghost wrote: Hi guys, well what can i say......what a turn out for rugby last night ive never seen so many there.

If you haven\'t been to rugby yet its a fantastic little club situated in a small village hall not that hard to find either, friendly people and great facility\'s...tea/coffee and chocolate crisps and stuff are on sale to keep you going plenty of tables and power supplied to all tables as well, the tracks not the biggest (a little smaller than DDMCR) but it makes for some great close racing especially with 6 cars in 1 race.
The racing was dominated by Mark and Nick Cooper, they make quite a formidable team and its quite funny at times listening to the banter between them up on the podium they give each other quite a challenge most of the time with last night being no different with nick dominating for most of it but Mark beating him buy 3 full laps in 1 of the races.....What went wrong there Nicky the old man got 1 over on ya................. lol ,No to be honest it was a tight race and nick spent half of it fighting people off, if it wasn\'t me blocking and trying to stay in front of him it was someone else..great fun racing.

Hehe too much pressure Wink all these people watching me put me off!!!! It is a small club i have to admit but still its soo friendley when we hijack it for the night!!! Very Happy

dirtyghost wrote:
Well team Maiden was there last night as well and Aaron was having a go on sticks to see if that would stop his finger jabbing (old habit from nitro racing on wheel radio\'s) but to no avail and got very frustrated using sticks and gave up on it, Aaron you gave up on it to soon mate you were doing well just didn\'t give it enough time you were smoother on the sticks keep at it mate it\'ll come.
Big thanks to RoyBoy (Roy Maiden) for giving Connor a new motor when his decided to catch fire and burnt the com out, thanks mate very much appreciated and Con was over the moon honest, he\'s a teenager and its a little hard to tell what happy is at times with him lol but he was made up.

Hehe roy was doing well he also got alot of help with the track opening up for him but no one Shocked but still he missed some times and hit my foot one time!!!!!!!!!

dirtyghost wrote:
Next meeting at rugby will be next Saturday so if you have a dave lying around and have nout to do next week why not pencil rugby in and come and have a race a brew and a great night with us over there, laid back racing and normally 4 heats and a final depending on numbers.

I know we will be back!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing

Norman enjoying him self

How come its on its roof connor!!

Now thats scarey!!!

Last edited by stox217 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 pm

LoL not a bad idea Dom see what bits you have that may be useful ill be starting work on it next week some time if i can get hold of the centre bearing for the spur gear.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 pm

nick its missed my quotes matey just blank spaces lol, edit and fill them in bud
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 pm

dirtyghost wrote:nick its missed my quotes matey just blank spaces lol, edit and fill them in bud
That should be sorted now after a few attempts Laughing
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Nice to see Royboy still looks Handsome as ever i have a pic on here of him like that geek lol!
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:26 am

seems to be his better side LoL
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 am

Got to agree, it was a fantastic night at Rugby, great atmosphere and lots of banter, and the racing was good also! well for some of us it was, dont know why I always seem to have the upper hand on Nick at the smaller tracks, and he always gets me on the larger ones, must be something to do with speed, well I think you have to drive better on the smaller tracks and the old hand has this one in the bag, as Nick cant keep his concentration for that long! Good to see everyone else enjoying themselves as well, including the Rugby regulers that dont drive the Mardaves! they seem to enjoy the atmosphere as much as we do, but what is best is the relaxed attitude to the racing, there is more time to help out the lesser mortals and pass on some of our knowledge of car set ups etc. Oh and I think 3 laps was rather generous because Nick knew he could not catch me towards the end of the final and started to have some fun instead! Regards Mark C

stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Rugby what aturn out Empty rugby saturday 16 th 2010

Post  lawlor1974 Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am

was a great night last night good to see the club came alive i got to meet marti and co. looks like like i will have to pull my finger out and get my mardave out of the cupbroad blow the dust off it and join in get marti to paint me a new body for it.
thanks for taking a good pic of my drift car car m8. but at the end of the nite is was very good fun see you next saturday cheers
lawlor1974
lawlor1974

Back to top Go down

Rugby what aturn out Empty great pics

Post  top-timm Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 am

like the pics posted and looks a great place to run mardaves. do you run brushless in the daves as we are still using the cheap and cheerful G2s as running 3 daves cant afford to get all 3 brushless and still like the ethic of mardave being cheap but good fun and great close racing...

top-timm

Back to top Go down

Post  the mad1 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 am

we all run g2's at the mo buddy although it is an open class so you can run anything, but we all have a gentlemen's agreement that we run similar motors Wink so come along and have some fun Cool

keith

the mad1

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 am

theres only one brushless but its on 3.7v lipo and is raced by a old boy (Roy) and we let him because its easyer for him racing wise as its less maintenance and ease of use. Hes not any quicker then the g2's in fact hes slower.
As stated its basic run what you have type of mardave class.
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down