Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving Etiquette

3 posters

Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty Driving Etiquette

Post  the old gimmer Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 pm

I often get asked " well what is radio controlled car racing " and I like to answer it this way, "Radio controlled car racing replicates full size racing in a 1/10th Scale ( or what ever scale you happen to be racing at the time.)
I'm sure many of us look on the BRCA Website, but how many take a moment to check out that little logo on the lefthand side of there home page. "BRCA affiliated to the Motor Sports Association". Just like full size motorsports, drivers can be penalised with stop and go penalities, black flags, and the withdrawl of there race licenses, we also race to a set of rules to be found in the BRCA handbook. Take a moment to read it if you can, you'd be amazed at what it contains.
The rules and good driving etiquette can help us all to enjoy our racing, I was only racing at Bedworth last night when I came across a good example of this, old Shortie Paul, always the perfect gent, realised the race leader was fast approaching him and was about to be lapped, a quick shout and a move off the race line allowed the race leader to pass without incident. This was acknowledge by the race leader with a cheery "Thanks". At the end of the race both drivers went off smiling and chatting, a far better way to end a perfect evening rather than taking both cars out and both drivers being " P***ed off " with each other.
Remember one day your going to be race leader, so remember the rule if your being lapped by a faster driver let him through , it might just help you in a future race when your in the lead.
the old gimmer
the old gimmer

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty Re: Driving Etiquette

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10 am

Agreed completely, However it also has to be said that the race leader has a duty to themselves here... especially for us newbies...... i always try to get out of the way as soon as i notice someone quicker in quali... or someone lappingin a race however being new to the sport i am constantly trying to improve and i find it difficult atm to take a lot of notice to what cars behind me are doing... so what i am getting out is that a nice big "lapping orange car" would make things a lot easier for me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:12 am

Also, the problem i was having last night was that i had a crash in the finals on lap 1.... and consequently after a little while before the marshall got me back on.... i was lapped.... however i was substantially quicker in the first section of the lap than 70% of the field.... yet was only matching them for pace in the later sections (apart from the lead pack who were blistering last night)... what is the etiquette on me unlapping myself.... surely if i am quicker i have a right to try to push past for the opportunity to unlap myself?

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty Rostrum Behaviour

Post  the old gimmer Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 am

good point, if you get a chance to watch one of the nationals, thats exactly what you will hear the race leader shout.
This very nicely brings me on to the next point " Rostrum Behaviour " there can be nothing worse than someone standing next to you during a race conducting a full blown conversation about his Aunties Cat, his girls friends warts or what ever. So if your up on the rostrum keep it down, there will be instructions from race control or other drivers that you will need to hear.
the old gimmer
the old gimmer

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty thank you dave

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks for the kind words dave i can see me buying you chips next meeting. i knew you was fast and i could see you coming up mate so was not about to stop you having a flyer. Now if it was marti that would be a diffrent matter lol!
at the torc i saw Marti coming and done the same for him i think he can back me on this racing is racing thats what we are all there for and making freinds having fun but at the end of the day let the faster car go if we all stick to this then i think it makes for better racing Oh by the way must say well done Ross and here is another young chap that will let the leaders go as well mind you Ross was driving the other way geek
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 am

this is true... all too often ross seems to drive completely off the road just to let me through... which is unneccesary but completely appreciated.... least i hope he is doing it to let me though Razz

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty Scott

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 am

When you get to know Ross he enjoys getting the laps in mate and he was well chuffed with 13 laps on wed nite.
a few of us do go and practice some nites and you are more than welcome to join us mate as when we have a few its good to have a pace car to try and keep with.
gav pm me not a hour ago about practice laps so feel free mate to join us and if you have no transport one of us will pick you up drop you off pm me for my number mate if you are intrested
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:09 am

i appreciate it... and atm i dont have transport but will from the 25th... yeh i get my dad to drop me up most nights... well... at least a cpl per week... however im off the road atm.... going to pick up the bits for repairs tomorrow.. but yeah appreciate it... and yeh i wasnt going on at ross i was trying to complement him
nice lad
cheers
scott

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty scott

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:18 am

your welcome mate and hope we did not get off on the wrong foot like i say im as dry as they come get me with Mr Magoo (stu) and we are terrible just ask Marti he gets the stick from us both
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:25 am

Never take any notice of my old man Scott he is as dry as a nuns ***** hahaha Laughing

Im planning on rebuilding mine like you mate - put the longer shock shafts in which improved things just need to get into the corner more which must partly be the car and me scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 am

the old gimmer wrote:I often get asked " well what is radio controlled car racing " and I like to answer it this way, "Radio controlled car racing replicates full size racing in a 1/10th Scale ( or what ever scale you happen to be racing at the time.)
I'm sure many of us look on the BRCA Website, but how many take a moment to check out that little logo on the lefthand side of there home page. "BRCA affiliated to the Motor Sports Association". Just like full size motorsports, drivers can be penalised with stop and go penalities, black flags, and the withdrawl of there race licenses, we also race to a set of rules to be found in the BRCA handbook. Take a moment to read it if you can, you'd be amazed at what it contains.
The rules and good driving etiquette can help us all to enjoy our racing, I was only racing at Bedworth last night when I came across a good example of this, old Shortie Paul, always the perfect gent, realised the race leader was fast approaching him and was about to be lapped, a quick shout and a move off the race line allowed the race leader to pass without incident. This was acknowledge by the race leader with a cheery "Thanks". At the end of the race both drivers went off smiling and chatting, a far better way to end a perfect evening rather than taking both cars out and both drivers being " P***ed off " with each other.
Remember one day your going to be race leader, so remember the rule if your being lapped by a faster driver let him through , it might just help you in a future race when your in the lead.

Well said mate and very true.

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 am

Well what a nice little thread to read through and agree with most of it, driving etiquette is for the most part really good at Bedworth and if the man next to you is having a better day of the racing then you its only right to let him go and not take a bad day or badly set-up car out on anyone else, maybe you've got the DT's from the night before just pull to the side no harm done and you'll still finish the race and have funn.
As for chatting up on the podium, well im not even a club level racer yet and just about make the top 4 in the B finals believe me chatting to the guy next to me or three guys down for that matter ain't gona make any difference to my racing, i certainly ain't that anal about my racing im there to have FUN and this is what most people up there have forgot.........! There toy cars for god sake.
There's so much bitching and back stabbing going on its just not funny any more, people don't talk to you in the pits your not supposed to talk up on the podium and im only picking them out cos i just read them not having a go bald guy but the list is just growing and growing when and where will it stop, now im gona say this again read the words people F U N that's FUN...try it you'll like it i promise.

And just for info ive been doing this for 20years which is probably 15 more than most thats just so no body can say "what does he know".

Whinge over, had a great time myself wednesday night, thanks to paul wade stu scot gav steve ross jordan connor mark mark'Snr howard matt becky gordan connor neil'c and everyone i have forgotten cheers for now......PMSL LOL.

"FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN"
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 am

I've considered this point for maybe 2 or 3 mins ( i don't have a very good attention span) and decided that i personally dont have any problem with the chatter so long as it isnt constant and hindering other driver's ability to hear direction.... past that, a quick "did you see the footy last night?" is ok by me

Back to top Go down

Driving Etiquette Empty Dave

Post  ShortiePaul Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:49 pm

i totaly agree with Dave is there any need to tell us how your girlfreind is we have plenty of time in the pits for banter being a good freind to dave and been up there with him a few times you only hear us say anything to do with the race like coming up ok inside line then when we get of the podium we resume our normal banter.
Try standing next to Ross Murray Walker eat your heart out this guy can give a runing comentry
lol!
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum