Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G2 and 13.5 lipo????????

3 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

G2 and 13.5 lipo???????? Empty G2 and 13.5 lipo????????

Post  BuddyRC Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:18 am

I've been reading the posts on another topic and it was a heated debate about G2 and 13.5 lipo.

I am new to Mardaves but seem to get round the track ok with a 15.80 lap time and a pritty steady 16 seconds for the 5 mins race so I would love to do the test on brushless and G2 on my Friday practice day and see the lap times.

If I put a 13.5 lipo in my car and then swap it to the G2 for testing then the chassis is exactly the same so the test would be very accurate.

Just need a brushless setup but mayb after christmas as Santa may get me one but I've not been a very good boy this year so mayb not Sad

Unless anyone wants to setup a day for testing this out and we can all be there and have some tech fun building and stripping the cars.

changed my time from 15.30 to 15.80 lol!

Last edited by BuddyRC on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

G2 and 13.5 lipo???????? Empty Re: G2 and 13.5 lipo????????

Post  Tomo Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 am

15.30? 15.80 If I remember Smile a thought I had the other day is if you can't loosen your diff off to give the car abit more steering then you maybe better off with a solid axle as they weigh less and less revolving mass = faster excelleration.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:50 am

Sorry dude it was a typo error I did do a 15.80 and aim to do better sunday.
I will have a look at the diff and get a solid one to try but will I need another spur gear?
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  mad-wolfie Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 am

BuddyRC wrote:I've been reading the posts on another topic and it was a heated debate about G2 and 13.5 lipo.

I wouldn't say "heated" simply healthy.. if people are going to make claims & post them on the forums, at least back them up with concrete facts & hard evidence rather than speculation & personal opinion

to be fair if you are doing a test, then all the variables have to be eliminated as much as possible to make it completely fair i.e. same car, same driver, same chassis etc but also things like if you fit new tyres on the 1st run, you need to fit new tyres on the 2nd run & use the same cells with the same charge in them etc etc

edit.. with regards my comment "cells with the same charge", i do mean of course using properly matched cells - i.e. not cells that are likely to dump or affect the outcome because the cells aren't balanced or properly matched.

Last edited by mad-wolfie on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added footnote)
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

http://www.stokebikeruns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:47 am

Thats the test I would do as it's my chassis and my charger/cells and tyres so it would be a fair test.

Also the pinion and spur are the same and bodyshell as that would make a difference aswell.

To me it seemed to be heated dude not so healthy Question
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 am

From my short time with the Mardaves I have noticed the brushless has more torque out the corners than the G2 motor and I can say this as I've used both to back my claim.

Also I've seen a mardave brushless wheelie of the line and I ask anyone to try this with a G2!!!
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 am

You can make a g2 wheelie too Smile I will show you Smile
The brushless in theory and spec wise should have more tourque even if the top speed is the same.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down