Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1's lipo ESC's

2 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

1's lipo ESC's Empty 1's lipo ESC's

Post  dirtyghost Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:30 am

Ive been thinking about the brushless 1's class of racing that is getting more popular around the country and wonderd if there was an easier way of doing it with out having to use a lipo booster that i know a few people really dont like, now while i couldnt find a truly cheap 1's compatable ESC that didnt need a booster i did manage to find "Some" so does anyone know of an ESC i have missed "i only looked for a few minuets" if so please post them up here.

Cheers Marti

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

1's lipo ESC's Empty Re: 1's lipo ESC's

Post  uop101 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Marti

The XERuns look like they are worth a try, the Novak Havok 'should' be good but the one person I know who had one,had problems with it so got rid.
I think the Castle Creations one has other problems:-These controllers will have their BEC circuit disabled - removed actually - so you will need an outboard 4.8 - 6.0 volt power source to run your electronics. We recommend a CC BEC with a small 2s LiPo or a separate 4/5 cell NiMH receiver pack. scratch

uop101
uop101

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 am

Hi James, the ones i have posted have built in DC to DC converters this means they run the BEC circuit internally so no need for a booster or a separate BEC or have i miss read something vital.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  uop101 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 am

From Castle Creations site

These controllers will have their BEC circuit disabled - removed actually - so you will need an outboard 4.8 - 6.0 volt power source to run your electronics. We recommend a CC BEC with a small 2s LiPo or a separate 4/5 cell NiMH receiver pack.

We all make mistakes as I found out (cirtix)Embarassed
uop101
uop101

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Ok cool all good mate that's what this thread was for to see if we could find something, looking on the exerun that does have a built in DC to DC converter so no other pack would be needed with that Very Happy
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down