Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESC problem

+3
Shepp33
Admin
omahead64
7 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Go down

ESC problem Empty ESC problem

Post  omahead64 Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 am

Looking for advise, i have just reversed polarity on my G2 motor to see if this makes a diffrence with speed. So it goes forward in reverse looking for more speed. the problem is my G28 ESC when going forward the light is red and when i go into reverse there is no brakes is just goes green and goes into reverse at full speed hope someone can make scence of this and help me

omahead64

Back to top Go down

ESC problem Empty Re: ESC problem

Post  Admin Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:49 am

Send a pm mate to gaza he will sort u out but im sure i have heard this on here before check some of the mardave threads hope this helps buddy also stoxs217 may hold the answer to your problem as well
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shepp33 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 am

Have you reset the esc with the button? try pressing it and reseting the esc. if this doesnt work then you may need to change the settings on your transmitter.
Shepp33
Shepp33

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 am

Hi

Right if all that you have done is swoped the motor wires then fit motor on the other side of the pod so it runs the right way

So looking at the back of the car if the motor pinion is on the left take motor out and and re fit so Pinion is on the Right

If you have played around with settings on TX or ESC then you need to put every thing back as it was before

Gazza
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:10 pm

hi
For that problem you will need to reverse the throttle channel on your tx and run your motor facing the left hand side of the pod when your looking at the back of the car then make shure you then have the yellow wire to - on the motor and blue to + on the motor. Its the way i always install a G2 motor into any car.
Hope it helps
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  omahead64 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 am

Hi

Thanks for all your help, i swapped motor to the oposite side in the pod. my wires are now as follows hope this is okay

yellow +

blue -

omahead64

Back to top Go down

Post  stox216 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:20 am

is it going the right way now ?
stox216
stox216

Back to top Go down

Post  omahead64 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:31 am

hi

Yes its okay now,next problem the car seems to travel sideways Question

omahead64

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 am

Bloody hell dont tell buddyrc that he will want you to start drifting again gaza or Mark stocks 217 they are your first port of call matey!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ESC problem Empty If no help, quicker to give us a call.

Post  stox216 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:44 am

Read through this and see if it helps!

Tyres
The tyres are one of, if not THE most important things to get right if you want your car to handle well. For carpet racing, I would recommend UFRA SE medium or UFRA Pink Soft rears and UFRA pink medium or UFRA Jap Medium fronts. The fronts work better when they are trued to about 49mm, and used until they're worn almost to the rim. Also let them wear in, so they are coned (smaller diameter on outside than inside). You can also tune them with super glue. To do this, put super glue on the outside wall of the front tyres, making the tyre wall go hard. This gives the tyres less flex, and therefore less grip. Apply more superglue for more under steer. You can also put a small blob of glue on the outside edge of the contact surface of the tyre if gluing the walls doesn't give you enough under steer. For the rear tyres, I find these tend to work better when they are about 53mm in diameter. (although I true them to 56 and use them 'till they're about 49!). You can put grooves in the rear tyres using a hacksaw blade. This enables them to flex more, and thus gives more grip. Doing this also reduces some of your front end grip. The multispoke wheel rims used to be slightly larger than the six-spoke ones, but they're the same size now, so there's no real advantage in using them (other than the fact they look better!)

Front Suspension
Firstly, turn your wishbones upside down, in order to lower the front of the chassis. You should aim to get the chassis as level as possible. If the back is higher than the front, the car will tend to under steer. If the front is higher, the car is more likely to over steer (spin out). Next, put washers/spacers of some sort under the front of the wishbones, so the kingpins are angled backwards slightly. Raise the front of the wishbones by around 2-3 mm. This gives the front end negative castor, which will reduce the chances of the car spinning out on corner exits.

Rear Suspension
You should have your rear springs relatively soft/loose. Adjust the nuts so that the chassis 'sags' about 1mm below the rear edge of the motor pod when the car is at rest. If, when you pull away the car pulls to one side, but later straightens up, you can cure the problem using the rear suspension. If the car pulls to the right, tighten the right hand nut, and loosen the left one a little (looking from back of car). Do this in 1/4 turn increments until the car pulls away straight. If the problem persists, consider replacing the spur gear, as they wear out. Fit ball races to the rear axle; they make your car a little faster, as there is less rolling resistance!

Drive
Use a smaller pinion gear for more acceleration, and a larger one for more top end speed. A 14T is a good size to start on, as I find it works well on most track sizes and shapes. Bear in mind that you may wish to increase pinion size as your rear tyres wear out. Smaller tyres will give you more acceleration than large ones. However, I wouldn't recommend going up/down by more than 1 tooth in this situation. There should be a little play between the spur and pinion, in order to get a smooth drive. If the mesh is too tight, it will ultimately slow your car down and make the motor hot. Do not have too much play or else the spur will strip easily. If you find the pinion/spur makes a lot of noise, boil some water, and leave your spur gear in it for 5 mins. This softens the plastic, making your car sound smoother!
stox216
stox216

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 am

With out Looking at car to many variables to tell you

Go to setting up Dave part 1 and 2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 am

well done guys you both come straight to his rescue
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 am

Admin wrote:Bloody hell dont tell buddyrc that he will want you to start drifting again gaza or Mark stocks 217 they are your first port of call matey!!!!!!

Drifting rules all cheers Laughing Smile Cool
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:47 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content