Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Ride height for carpet

2 posters

:: 1/10th :: F1

Go down

F1 Ride height for carpet Empty F1 Ride height for carpet

Post  neil78 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Returning to F1 and need some adice on set up.What are you all running for ride height on carpet.The track that i will be racing at is Ardent raceway.
Any other set up advice wouild be greatful my car is a 3Racing F109.
Thanks.
neil78
neil78

Back to top Go down

F1 Ride height for carpet Empty Re: F1 Ride height for carpet

Post  Tomo Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi Neil I would run 5mm all round as too low and the wings can sometimes touch the carpet making the front bite ( especially at the end of the straight)

Also I would go with a medium spring in the front suspension.
rear suspension try to run with 0.5 mm of droop to give it good bite out the bends.
3 racing soft rear tyres with meds or hards up front.
I tend to never run more than 65% lock either on my handset.

Motor wise keep it slower than 13.5 2s and everyone has found its much quicker to use a slower motor as it makes the cars soooo much easier to drive and race others with. ( can concerntrate on your lines rather than fighting to get the power down)
I ran a 13.5 at last meet and it was still way over powered really.

Hope this helps

Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  neil78 Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi Tommo

Thanks for your reply.

Will try 5mm ride height as at the last meeting it was a bit to low.
Will the medium front spring give me less grip?

Motor wise 1 am running a losi 10.5 on 42mm per rev.
The speed and punch was perfect i could even of geared it up slightly i think the reason that the 10.5 is ok is i run only 20c sport pack lipo's , as there were cars quicker than me still.

The back of the car also felt to soft side to side i run kit oil in side damper with 1 hole pistom and kit springs which are soft might try the harder one's and see what happens.

Looking forward to the next meeting and there should be 3 or 4 more F1 drivers so hopefully 2 heats.
neil78
neil78

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah two heats would be nice.

The med springs will give you a slightly lower rate of turn in but un like touring cars it will make the front end much less reactive but still give you good corner grip.

If the rear pod feels abit floppy then maybe go up a weight or two in the lateral damper but this will make the rear of the car more likely to run loose.

By short pack you mean 1s?
10.5 1s is roughly the same as 13.5 2s no lipo.
Me nick and dez were trying to slow everyone down in a straightline so as to allow abit more actual racing rather than drag racing down the straights and pile ups in the bend lol.

Im Tom Hampson so look for me at the next winter series round if you need anything, I will be doing Gt and f1 again.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down