Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardent RND 4

+7
jungsi
Ardent Raceway
Gazza
Mardavespares.com
marauder1706
BuddyRC
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ardent RND 4 Empty Ardent RND 4

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 am

Well it was round 4 of the Mardaves at Ardent today and what a wicked day was had by all this track never fails to trip you up. Start of the day seen the tyre choices being changed left right and centre.as people were getting grip roll.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NICE TURNED OUT FORD
Was to see some nice faces from the past Howard Harrison from Bedworth along with Jordan Neil Alan Jordan and a few others as well they made the run from Bedworth now these guys have tasted the track I think we will see a lot more of them.
BARRY DANES FROM BEDWORTH IN THE PITS
10 CAR CRID IN THE FINALS
I think we had around 150 drivers today that’s a figure some clubs can only dream of. The track never fails to turn up trumps as people were getting grip roll first thing in the morning but all seemed to level out later.
RUSSELL AND PAUL RUSSELL OWNS TIC RACING
Now Dez Chand was dressed for a bet he looked like a 60’S free lover I thought he had come on a bike.
Poor old Gazza landed a £25.00 bill for a broken real axle on his Gt10 poor chap that’s his beer money gone this week. The company was good today with all the guys who support this series what a great way to spend a Sunday.
GAZZAS BROKEN CAR
Even Bob Burr looked happy stretching his legs with his car around the circuit now that’s a sight to remember. Well done Callum taking 1st in the C final.
JAMES FRONT STEERING CONVERSION TO HIS DAVE
TOMMO GET A PRIZE
AND DALE
PLUS NICK AS WELL
NICE TO SEE LADIES TAKING PART SIDESHOW BOBS MRS
WELL TURNED OUT F1
GAZZAGS NICE BARBIE PINK CAR
ITS BUSTED
MARK COOPER WITH RUSS
WELL THE MAN HIMSELF MR BURR ENJOYING A DAYS RACING
MATT ON THE WAY TO THE GRID
JORDAN FROM BEDWORTH CLUB JUST AFTER THE RACE
WELL DONE THE ARDENT BOYS
GAZZA IN SHOCK AFTER GAZZAG GOT THE TEAS IN
SECRET BACON EATER CAUGHT ON CAMERA
NICK AND RUSS ON THE PODIUM
RUSSES CAR
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ardent RND 4 Empty Re: Ardent RND 4

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 am

Wicked pics as normal Paul. I enjoyed it today with lots of giggles with Lee and his mrs and all the crew there aswell doing what they do.

The track was having massive understeer and some getting griproll not like last time so lots of tyre changes all over. I ended the day using a set of tyres of gaza as I had a quick practice before the final to find 42 tyres were working great on my car. Others were happy with 46 and some on 50 so I guess it's down to the driver style.

I'm liking the front end of James car with the reversed servo. I never noticed until I saw the pic.

May do the next round but will wait and see how it's gona play with the nationals?? as 14 heats today was a long time between races.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  marauder1706 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 am

its on for next time wayne lol another close race between us today with you just shading it but there was hardly any track between us in the last few mins of the final Twisted Evil
marauder1706
marauder1706

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 am

Cheers buddy some pics good some not as for mates well yes what a way to spend a sunday with great company sorry i strectched out a bit on the bench now you see why snakey likes to pit with me he likes the closeness pmsl
Good driving dale notice what a gentleman i was in our races always letting you by as you was a lot quicker than me but hey thats me a gentleman!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marauder1706 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 am

noted and appreicated paul
marauder1706
marauder1706

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 am

Just noticed this on Bedworth site why oh why the comments everyone i talked to at Bedworth said yes would love to return on the 20th but seems the spokesman has spoken

Bob Burr

3354 Posts
Posted - 30 January 2011 : 19:28:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we went !! a long day (very long) OK 14 heats but only 3 qualifyers and ONE FINAL (one less than normal) didnt get home till nearly half 6 and its only 40 mins drive, nice place but our gang were all in agreement we probably wouldnt go again.

Big congrats to Jordan for his TQ and win in the Carisma class won it on merit not because any of us had troubles, Dez took TQ in the F14 class but think regreted lending John his spare car which he won the final with .

Good day but far to long for a old man. Sleep Sleep

would have been better saying i dont think i will be going again maybe it was a eye opner as to what a vast amont of people support Ardent were politics dont come into it im sorry Mr Burr that you will not race again

Last edited by Admin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardavespares.com Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:18 am

some great pics paul nice to meet up today see you soon
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:07 am

Is it me or did nick loose his Tranny lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 am

marauder1706 wrote:its on for next time wayne lol another close race between us today with you just shading it but there was hardly any track between us in the last few mins of the final Twisted Evil

Nice one Dale, great close racing in the final. I'm gona ask John to put me in the quailies with yourself so we get some more races SO BRING IT ON lol!
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  marauder1706 Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:56 am

Will probably work out best for both of us as we can really push each other to go faster
marauder1706
marauder1706

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 am

hey you to be carefull other wise you will end up like James and me lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 am

Gazza wrote:hey you to be carefull other wise you will end up like James and me lol!

I think it's already happened Laughing

Next round will be sorted kida as I think by pushing each other more we will get faster and for me alot cleaner on the corners as I'm not smooth enough yet.

BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 am

Yep you finally got it. . cheers

Hence James and myself really enjoy it. . . . we push each other and thats when the next bit of fun begins. . .

Glad you found it Wayne get ready for some good times
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

killerdude007353
Advanced Member

713 Posts
Posted - 30 January 2011 : 21:57:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent day at the Ardent Raceway track, can't believe I managed to get FTQ and the Win it was properly my best race meet ever. Like Bob says wasn't like any one was having problems Bob on one race was only 3 seconds behind me.

Howard and Connor done very well also, Howard had one problem during the 3rd qually with the servo deciding to short circuit itself and Connor was good also.

It was good to stretch the thumbs with the lipos in the carisma with some decent grip and a biggest track, but I dont think there was no difference in speed down the straight with all the cars.

Like Bob says good day, good track but I dont know about any of the others but I was absolutly shattered by the time I got back, and with only 3 quallys and 1 FINAL it was not too impressive. I was telling Bob all day that I would love to go back again but I have changed my mind now and is sticking with the Bedworth indoor track.
Carisma GT14 MK2/ Hot Bodies TCX/ Mtroniks Brushless System/ FTD Models/ Futaba 3GR 2.4Ghz System

Now come on guys you went on a real track with space to stretch your cars fully not half throttle even Howard said he was intrested in a set up like this now thats saying something i hope the guys at Ardent gave you a great days racing ok bit of a trug for you guys who only used to traveling 1.5 miles to your track but you must admit it was worth the trek to race on a full size track dont be sheep enjoy the place was great to see old faces from the past and good to have a natter with you guys just seems tho if you chairman has flu the chosen few have flu as well this is not a dig at anyone from Bedworth i only have one axe to grind but even that aint worth it!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ardent RND 4 Empty Just bear in mind........

Post  Ardent Raceway Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 pm

......I know a few of the Bedworth guys didn't like the length of the event and the fact we only did 3 and 1 final, but our policy at the Raceway is we allow everyone to race what they like and have fun. So we accommodated the Bedworth guys by having two heats just for the formulas that they run at their club, so I would like to thank our regulars for allowing me to accommodate our visitors and for not complaining or even mentioning that it cost you a final leg. The fact non of you have complained highlights why you are our regulars, you follow the same philosophy as me. To have fun racing toy cars without ego's and politics. :-)

Thank you Bedworth for coming, it was fun, but please take into account you visited us during a big series meeting (club meets are 5-6 Heats) and we didn't prevent you running your cars, even though it meant more Heats than we would usually like. Imagine how your day would have gone if i'd have said "NO, we are too busy" :-).

Come again this Sunday and you will get 3 and 2 finals and be home for 16:00.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Well said John not one of our guys complained again shows you the qaulity of racers at Ardent just on a lighter note watch out young Warren will be there Sunday so hope you are good dodgers down the back straight.
He is so looking forward to getting back on the track me well he will eat for england on the day so any food parcells please care of John dawson ardent raceway see you guys again sunday to do it all over again!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Paul
"Well said John not one of our guys complained again shows you the qaulity of racers at Ardent "

sounds odd but wern't I just complaining in the other post about waiting times!

Sorry not complaing! having more of a one to one debate with myself
rather than a mass debate!!!

It is nice john that peolpe don't complain

But I'm sure as with anything if anybody has any veiws the best is to say something rather that winge in the background or at the end!
where's that get ya!

ENERYWHERE!

All the best si
(the good looking one)

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 am

Ardent Raceway wrote: but our policy at the Raceway is we allow everyone to race what they like and have fun.

Yea great for club John but not when its a named event . .

LOL check other posts re moaning lol!

I totally enjoyed it as always but the little carisma is a toy and needs to be treated like one.
A small living room racing is all its up for you should have bought a Mini Z instead
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  marauder1706 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 am

All the classes raced are toys , just because you do not race in the class does not mean it holds any less value to those people who choose to race in it , essentially any tc driver could turn round and say go else where with your mardave as thats the most popular class raced on a weekly basis , but they dont , yes it is frustrating to have to wait longer but thinking about it you wait an hour for five mins of fun if this is a problem go flying, make model trains , float a boat whatever but all this class bashing on all other stuff that is not mardave or gt 10 should really stop , if you raced a carisma i am guessing the shoe would be on the other foot , rc is not just about mardave gt10 or flying , so stop bashing classes you do not race in , its horses for courses , you just like a diffrent horse to others no harm in that but why have a pop at what others like and race ?
marauder1706
marauder1706

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 am

I want some of them dished wheels on that can be seen on some of the Dave's Very Happy
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Ardent RND 4 Empty Dished wheels

Post  stox216 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 am

Lee,

TIC is the place [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there link is on this site. They also do them for the bearing shod Mardaves!

stox216
stox216

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 am

jungsi wrote:
Paul
"Well said John not one of our guys complained again shows you the qaulity of racers at Ardent "

sounds odd but wern't I just complaining in the other post about waiting times!

Sorry not complaing! having more of a one to one debate with myself
rather than a mass debate!!!

It is nice john that peolpe don't complain

But I'm sure as with anything if anybody has any veiws the best is to say something rather that winge in the background or at the end!
where's that get ya!

ENERYWHERE!

All the best si
(the good looking one)

You are right, I have said over the microphone MANY times that I would prefer people who are not happy on the day to tell me when I am able to do something about it, not tell me via a moaning post on a forum AFTER the event when there isn't anything I can do to possibly rectify it. How many people came to me yesterday and said there were too many heats, it was going to be a long day, not happy with only 1 final? Answer = ZERO.

There was only 1 comment on the day which after watching the F1 A final I wish I had taken on board, and that was to run F1's in equal size finals to prevent a 10 car pile up. That I will be taking on board next time.

Also I believe everyone should race whatever formula they want to run, be it small, big, on-road, off-road. At the end of the day we just want to have some fun. People forget that sometimes. My wife can't believe the flack I get sometimes from grown men racing toy cars at a facility that takes up all my time to run and is barely covering it's costs. That Jag is paid for by the commission I earned working in IT for 18 years, not from a toy car race track in a barn :-). As much as I love the Raceway it's a total pain in the arse sometimes :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 am

Joh all the guys fully support you and your efforts mate and we love the place so no worries there i think Snakey got out of bed the wrong side today come to think of it he never raced yesterday so i cannot see his point. as stated before people will travel for a top venue like ardent that has been proved over and over again so i would brush this aside keep up the great work the great track as we are all full behind you. one mans views dont affect the most premier circuit in the land and just to cheer you up here is what one beduff guy said and i salute him for his comments

nmc
Advanced Member

1157 Posts
Posted - 31 January 2011 : 13:52:44

People will travel for the right indoor venue and I think ardent have got it spot on pit tables power good rostrum and track , well run no stopping ran straight threw and the full English breakfast made the day for me

I'll be back fir more now I've got the mardave sorted and running

Now that proves just what we was saying most of the Bedworth guys had a great time im not bothered if there was 22 heats and it went on till 9 at night i and the local gang had a wicked time!!!!!! i think i can speak for Gazza Gazag Buddy Mark the Cooper trio and a few more
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:44 am

I cant help it its im me blood

VI VA LA ARDENT

lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 am

Ardent is a stunning venue and I did comment on the day prior to the finals. That said John has always sorted things when he says he will and for that I cannot moan but on this occasion it's cost me a fortune in repairs and I had a less than fun time through no fault of my own. The only fault of mine is that I shouldve pulled out of the f1 final before it even started and saved myself a repair bill Sad
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next