Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'O' rings under the Front Wishbone

5 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: V12

Go down

'O' rings under the Front Wishbone  Empty 'O' rings under the Front Wishbone

Post  chequered_flag_racing Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Does using 'O' rings between the chassis the wishbones give the car a bit of a 'woolly' feeling to the steering? If not I'll try the turnbuckle mod on mine to help induce some camber. I haven't got a kingpin support so that won't be affected.
chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

http://www.rccarclub.co.uk/trcc/

Back to top Go down

'O' rings under the Front Wishbone  Empty Re: 'O' rings under the Front Wishbone

Post  Wynney Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Seems to give the car a little more initial bite, but definately adds a tweak.
Wynney
Wynney

Back to top Go down

'O' rings under the Front Wishbone  Empty Re: 'O' rings under the Front Wishbone

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

The "O" rings to me where very inconsistant so I took mine off
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  ginnnga Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 am

As Gazza said I found it made the steering very inconsistent, now i don't even bother trying to get any negative camber, there's really no need to on a mardave.
ginnnga
ginnnga

http://www.halifaxtrack.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 am

I tried this a few years back, along with the tie-bar mod.

Simply shoving a couple of o-rings under the wishbones did not do it for me - it was almost impossible to get equal camber on left and right sides and whatever angle I 'set' on the bench was knocked out as soon as I grazed the barriers.

An extra thing I tried was to countersink the screw holes on the underside of the wishbones slightly, just enough to accept the o-ring but still leave it protruding slightly. This seemed to locate the o-rings better and settle them slightly. Camber angles were a little more stable but still went out in bumps and bangs.

I think the new steering blocks that accept the bearing front wheels have some camber moulded into them. Mine come out at about 1.5' camber.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down