Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRCA GP1 and GP2 testing

:: 1/10th :: F1

Go down

BRCA GP1 and GP2 testing Empty BRCA GP1 and GP2 testing

Post  Tomo Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi guys just thought I would pop a section up for people to exchange notes and what they have found with testing for the new f1 brca catagories.

I ran my f104 with a silvercan in last night one to check the chassis and two to try and find what the g2 will be like on 7.4v in an f1 car.

First impressions were ok the narrower car than the f103 I usually use at ardent gave me mid corner understeer but it was'nt too bad and by the end of the night running about 1s per lap slower than ben bridgewater and dean gibbs's 13.5 touringcars.
That for a g2 silvercan and a first time out with an untried car and slow ass motor isnt bad.
I was using foams on the f104 but found they are quite temprimental if you try and push the car too much so will try some rubbers for next round just to see what theyre like.

Point of note is the g2 over heats massively regardless of gearing ( I geared the car to be at top speed just over halfway up the straight) and I burnt my hand on it and might be a problem for some marshalls at these events and motor wear I think will be a problem e.g a motor a meeting so £8.95 on top of race fee every meet Crying or Very sad

Will also run my f103 with silvercan next week to see what thats like and switch the f104 to 17.5 brushless.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down