Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list?

+8
Mardavespares.com
ginnnga
Redleader
4_cell_racer
stox217
Tomo
Gazza
chequered_flag_racing
12 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list? Empty Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list?

Post  chequered_flag_racing Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:21 pm

1. Motor Pod with ride height inserts like the 12th/10th pan cars use

chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

http://www.rccarclub.co.uk/trcc/

Back to top Go down

Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list? Empty Re: Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list?

Post  Gazza Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Grp chassis as standard or option hot up
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list? Empty Re: Mardave Improvements / What would you add to this wish list?

Post  Tomo Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 am

1. 1s lipo specific battery tray.
2. flat countersunk chassis (not just the non countersunk banger one or hot rod "kickup" one).
3. mardave foam bumper with grp base plate for it (like the v10).
4. bling option servo posts/ screw sets etc.
5. Nicer wheels (not those bloody unrealistic wheel discs from touring cars).
6. better component quality on the kingpins and stub axles. ( I want to fit them and not have to prep them myself so they run smooth).
7. some mardave pit towels would be nice and things like this or even a mardave v12 specific carry/race box.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

a proper 13.5 sensored motor and ESC . . . NOT Mtroniks cheers talk to the likes of Logic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:29 am

Tomo wrote:
2. flat countersunk chassis (not just the non countersunk banger one or hot rod "kickup" one).

+1
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 am

stox217 wrote:
Tomo wrote:

+1
+2 cheers
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:24 am

Tomo wrote:1. 1s lipo specific battery tray.
2. flat countersunk chassis (not just the non countersunk banger one or hot rod "kickup" one). I asked Chris and they might be in the pipeline??
3. mardave foam bumper with grp base plate for it (like the v10). Defo, way better than the hard plastic ones that are around!!
4. bling option servo posts/ screw sets etc. Already servo post out isn't there??
5. Nicer wheels (not those bloody unrealistic wheel discs from touring cars). I like the dish wheels lol Embarassed Embarassed
6. better component quality on the kingpins and stub axles. ( I want to fit them and not have to prep them myself so they run smooth). Too true, but ten I bet the price would go up!
7. some mardave pit towels would be nice and things like this or even a mardave v12 specific carry/race box. I like that idea
cheers
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Redleader Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 am

4_cell_racer wrote:
stox217 wrote:
Tomo wrote:

+1
+2 cheers

+3 cheers
Redleader
Redleader

http://www.lbracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Tomo wrote:
1. 1s lipo specific battery tray.2. flat countersunk chassis (not just the non countersunk banger one or hot rod "kickup" one).
6. better component quality on the kingpins and stub axles. ( I want to fit them and not have to prep them myself so they run smooth).
7. some mardave pit towels would be nice and things like this or even a mardave v12 specific carry/race box.

1. +1 (tried a 1s in the nylon battery tray and it's as snug as a bug in a rug)

5. TC wheels need to 6 ribs inside so they fit the diff also

chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  ginnnga Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:28 am

Nothing at all, oh, apart from the cradle type battery in black would be an improvement.
ginnnga
ginnnga

http://www.halifaxtrack.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardavespares.com Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:34 am

Gazza wrote:Grp chassis as standard or option hot up

like this one...
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:15 am

Tomo wrote:1. 1s lipo specific battery tray.

1 think ive seen one
2 ive got one Wink and no 4 cell your not allowed one
3 good idea, i like the look of the 12ths ones
4 they do the vrx type old 12th ones, just get tc servo posts an screws
5 theres a fair few wheels for them i dont know what else they could do
6, there cheap cars but surly they could prep bits better like everyones having problems with diffs ect
7. nice idea

maby a tyre truer would be good that works of the mains,

i like the idea of the 1s an brushless but theres hardly anyone running them why?

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 am

benjy wrote: i like the idea of the 1s an brushless but theres hardly anyone running them why?

I think there all waiting for some one to bring out some rules before they go and buy one lol!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

Gazza wrote:
benjy wrote: i like the idea of the 1s an brushless but theres hardly anyone running them why?

I think there all waiting for some one to bring out some rules before they go and buy one lol!

Don't thinks it's that Gazza, I too have noticed that the bl class is not that well supported in both summer series (last year) and the winter series!!

After watching the bl class race a fair few times. What puts me off is the driving standard of some Of the racers!! Go trough you instead of around you half the time Sad
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 am

Its the same in all classes Lee . . .

But as we only have possable 2 heats and the TC have 4 or 5 heats and all the Newb's in 1 heat is good.

But in Daves the Newbys are in with the Good drivers . . . I to strugle with a bad set up car of a Newby and try to go around them but there driving line is way off how do you go around or pass some one on the track who is all over the place . You see a gap go for it and all of a sudden the newby is in front of you . . . it cant be helped

When we did have about 4 heats of daves it was great as John put them all in a heat of there own and that was great for the top guys and very close racing.

like what happened tuesday night at Ardent all good drivers in 1 final it was wicked even tho Daz had some thing in is car dont know what tho but it sure was quick
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 am

Fair point/s Gazza Very Happy

But I wasn't talking about newb's mate! I was talking about some of the more experienced racers out there! Sad there just don't seem to be much driver etiquette these days!
Gone has the time, when you took someone out, wait for them to be marshalled then carry on!!
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am

Well lets see if we can help them out. . .

Tell them if you tag some one wait at the NEXT safe bend
( so not to stop on the straight or the race line of others )

If we did this then there driving should improve and it will be good close racing . . I hope
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Just my 2pence worth...

1. Rear ride height adjustors as on 1/12 and 1/10 WGT pan cars. I know this was mentioned at the top of the page but I'd like to second it too, especially if the rear pod was modified so that it accepted the existing range of adjustor cams from Associated etc. I'm currently adjusting my V12's ride height via a mixture of tyre diameter and rear pod droop / rear spring tension. I'm not sure how changing the droop 'angle' of the rear pod affects handling but I'm sure there has to be a better way of keeping a suitable ride height and keeping the motor CoG low too!

2. Component quality. I think Chris has worked wonders with the new bearing front axels and steering blocks - there is far less slop in the front end now compared to the cars I built up a few years ago. I think the plastic compound has been modified as well as the mouldings? I'd like to see a similar, hard plastic used for the rear pod too.

3. Right hand rear diff wheel. This might just be me, but does anyone else find that if they do up the wheel on the diff side as hard as they can then the diff does not work? You can clamp the other rear wheel up tight, and both the front ones, and that is fine but I have to back this one rear off half a turn or so to get good diff action. Looking at the axel it finishes about 0.5mm 'inside' the wheel, so my thinking is that either the wheel needs to be a fraction narrower or the shoulder on the axel needs to be extended to protrude 'outside' the wheel a bit. Then you could clamp the nut up tight with no worries. I've lost several wheels in races and don't like it!

4. GRP chassis option. Yes, already mentioned and I am sure some enterprising souls out there are making them up, but can Mardave manufactured ones be made, and made legal please? I know several racers who have bent and tweaked their Alloy chassis plates (in really BIG crashes!) and I am sure a GRP one would avoid this issue. Oh, and I'd like to add my vote to the flat, countersunk chassis list too please - a flat chassis allows vertical rear body posts to be used, a far better way of mounting a body than the angled rear posts currently available, IMHO.

5. Front ride height adjustors. I have made myself up some slotted (rather then drilled) GRP plates that I can slip under the wishbones to change the front ride height. Having them slotted means I only have to back the screws off a turn or two to change the plates rather than remove the screws completely to add washers etc. Luckily I have facilities to make these but some 'official' ones that can be bought would be nice for other racers who can't make their own.

5. GRP / Composite bumper plate and bumpers. Again, already mentioned but needing to be seconded. I've made my own, as well as a few for other racers but they have been a fiddle and are time consuming. Pre-made would save hassle.

6. Alloy rear wheel drive holders (non-diff side). Anything to sunbtitute the current plastic axel spacer that seems to want to strip every so often. However, I have heard that alloy ones might be availalb esoon?

Chris, if you read this, please don't take this list as criticism - I love your cars, they are the most run I have had racing in years!

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  v12mardave Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi All
As iam new to this forum i have just found this section and yes there are a few changes set for roll out next month
I don't always get to see all pages so please e-mail me direct if you would like to put forward an idea
Many thanks
Chris
mardave

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

v12mardave

Back to top Go down

Post  chequered_flag_racing Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:21 am

chequered_flag_racing wrote:1. Motor Pod with ride height inserts like the 12th/10th pan cars use

new pod is out in alloy but without ride height adjustment Mad as most will have seen

if it came with the ride height adjustment facilty then at the current asking price I'd buy one Very Happy
chequered_flag_racing
chequered_flag_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  r_3 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 am

GRP countersunk chassis , 2.5 - 3.0 mm. Please.
Motor bottom pod plate with , with 1/12th , 1/10th pan car style T-Bar pivots...

r_3

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Just some more thoughts on this, particularly considering the recent rule changes for the BRCA - 1/12 meetings this winter...

Body shells?

The rules for this particular series state that these have to be GT type shells. The current list of the Porsche, Lotus GT1 and the 'cheese wedge' GT2 is a bit restricting but I hear stories of an Ascari on the cards? This got me thinking.

How about some other GT type shells - Nissan GTR GT500 or R390 GT1, Dodge Viper, Aston Martin DBRS9, TVR Cerbera, Panoz GTR1, Toyota Supra, Lister Storm... My own personal choice there would be either the Aston or Panoz.

Obviously there may be issues with copyright with these and, of course they need to 'work' on the track. My other thought is that they should look right, especially when you look at the sizes of the wheels and how they sit in the shell. My Lotus shell looks great, when you have it off the car, but on the car and with tires trued down to race sizes (49mm rear, 46mm front) it looks out of place.

Hopefully, if the circuit racing side of this class takes off we can see some more great looking cars on the track.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 am

Ah, and window masks + light / grill decal sets for the above list would be great Wink

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down