Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!!

+4
benjy
gazag
jungsi
Ardent Raceway
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!! Empty Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!!

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans Sprint Challenge.

From 15:00 on 11th June to 15:00 on 12th June.

We are looking for a minimum of 8 teams and a maximum of 13 teams of 6 people to take part in the Ardent Raceway 24hr Le Mans Sprint Challenge. Cost is just £25 per person and INCLUDES THE CAR!! (well, you wouldn’t want to use your own would you!).
The car we have selected after weeks of testing is the HPI Sprint 2 as pictured below.

You receive your car 1 week before the event to enable you to customise and to fit your LED lighting kit (also included, and YES we are going to do some dusk racing).
The tyre choice will be announced before the date along with the number of tyres you are permitted. Spares will be provided at cost (but of course you won’t need them because these cars are solid beasts!!)

The observant ones of you would have noticed this date is the same as the real 1:1 Le Mans 24hr. That’s because we are going to run at exactly the same time and attempt to share the experience without the cost. Camping is free, either outside or indoors in small tents, as is sleeping on the floor under a pit bench. It’s bound to get messy and dirty, tiring and frustrating but you can be assured regardless of the outcome, it’s going to be a memory that lasts with you forever!

If you are interested but can’t find 4 others that are, then please let us know as I’m sure there will be others that you can make a team with.

So just to recap, 6 people (or less, but the overall team cost stays the same), 1 car, 24hrs, beer, BBQ, as many spectators and mechanics as you wish, you supply your own cells, chargers and radio gear, you can change the kit servo but not motor or speedo, LED lights must be fitted, setup changes to the car permitted and cars must be painted or stickered to identify your team. £25 a person and your team can keep the car or sell it afterwards or even raffle it on the day for charity, it is your choice!!! This is thanks to HPI I might add. Thank you HPI!!!

BONUS FEATURE, Saturday afternoon we will have Alice Cooper and System of a Down playing in a field nearby at the Download festival (please note due to the times we are racing we will not have trouble with event traffic)

We already have 5 teams committed and paid up so THIS EVENT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, so register your team ASAP by emailing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], payment is required in advance so we can buy the cars in ready.

Which team will win? Will your club be the champs? Will you come for the experience?? You won't need accommodation :-)

Best book Monday off work!!!!
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!! Empty Re: Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!!

Post  jungsi Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 am

John Oh John
If I was gonna create a race event this would be it!!
One make of car all electrics the same!
This is gonna make for some very close and exciting racing!!
DO THE TEAM GET TO KEEP THE CAR AFTER Laughing Laughing Laughing

So I suppose we need to get a team together
I'm in for deffo
any body else?????????
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!! Empty Re: Ardent Raceway and HPI 24hr Le Mans RC challenge!! FREE CAR!!

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 am

Si, yep you keep the car afterwards :-) We might raffle ours off in the name of charity.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 am

IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

si we need a team RCR.

will it be stock sprint2 cars jhon? and can we have a shell of our own choice?
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  benjy Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 am

am up for this, can i be in a one man team Shocked

benjy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 am

All Porsche shells, any paint scheme you choose. :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 am

Wicked Gazag!
we might as well at to the list on this topic!!

ok so

1/ Si

2/ Gazag

As soon as we can get the 6 needed we'll go on and pay so bare with us john we wil be as quick as poss!!

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:05 am

Ardent Raceway wrote:All Porsche shells, any paint scheme you choose. :-)

ok so do we get a clear shell?
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:19 am

Hi are the cars ready to run??
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 am

comon people, this is £25 to race for 24 hours and probally another £25 max each for a few spares incase.

its very cheap and will be a great weekend racing
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 am

Hi all
I'm gonna set a one week limit on this so that the one's that want to do this don't miss out!
I'm sure by now or by one weeks time we would have all read this topic.
so add to the list or miss out!

The Team name I thought of was the first British racers "The Bentley Boys"

Please read below!
If this is ok
this would be the name I and hopefully you lot will go for!
Seem fitting!

Frank Clement was a British racing driver who, along with Canadian John Duff, won the 1924 24 Hours of Le Mans. Part of the "Bentley Boys", Clement was recruited by W.O. Bentley as a test driver for Bentley Motors. He was chosen by the company to drive in the inaugural 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1923 with John Duff in Duff's privately entered car. The only British team in the event, the pair finished the race in fourth after fighting for the lead for much of the race. The following year Duff returned with his private Bentley and the two won the race outright over several Lorraine-Dietrichs and Chenard-Walckers.

In a bid to win the Rudge-Whitworth Triennial Cup, the two drivers remained paired in 1925, and Bentley offered more support by adding a second car to the team. However, their car would fail halfway through the event and would not be able to finish. Bentley improved to a three car team for 1926, and Clement was assigned to co-drive with George Duller, although once again the car was not able to finish. Over the next two years, although Bentley won Le Mans two more times, Clement's car still was unable to finish the endurance event. In 1929 Clement once again was able to last the entire event as Bentley dominated, earning the top four finishing positions. Clement ran his final Le Mans in 1930, finishing in second place, before Bentley chose not to continue at Le Mans the following year.

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:54 am

ok im in
ME:MTC

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:44 am

Hi all
One more added 3 to go

1/ Si
2/Gazag
3/ ME:MTC

Any other Idea's about the name or are you happy with The Bentley Boys!

Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:24 am

great name si, you got any photos of there first car?, mabye i can paint the body shell the same colour
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:41 am

Not sure on the colour due to age and black and white film in those days but it was car number 8. . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi all
Here's some pics in colour of the Bentley Blower and the
latest Bentley Brothers car and colours
Which i think will look wicked on the car!
Also nice to do something with a bit of history behind it!
Si
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 pm

thats 1930 Si . . . . Shocked

you where on about the 1924 one which did not have a blower ?

But I Guess it could have been british racing green

So Green it is cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 am

Unless a team drops out we are fully booked! However some of my drivers (4) have been poached by the RCDisCo team so I am looking for some revenge!! Also we are thinking of running 2 events, with the top 5 from each facing each other for a shorter 8 hour session using the same cars. This is due to the high level of interest we have had. to get 16 teams in 5 days surprised us all. The people that have not paid a deposit have until close of play tomorrow before they risk loosing their slot.

These teams are fully paid up
--------------------------------------------------------
Ardent Racing Team (Paid in full)
MMR Flux/ Chippenham Model Car Club (Paid in full)

These have paid their deposits and have a guaranteed spot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doris Racing Team (Deposit paid)
Worcester Warriors (Deposit Paid)
Dudley Radio Car Club (Deposit Paid)
Keighley Team A (Deposit Paid)
Keighley Team B (Deposit Paid)
Team Ward (name tbc) (Deposit Paid)
HPI Racing Team (Deposit Paid)
Team Richards (Deposit Paid)
Chand-a-Cola Racing Team (Deposit Paid)

These need to pay their deposits before Tuesday otherwise I might have to let it go to the others I have on the reserve list :-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frome Racing Team (need deposit before Tuesday)
SPC-UK Racing Team (need deposit before Tuesday)
RCDisCo Racing Team ((Need deposit before Tuesday)
Percy Racing Team (name tbc) (Need deposit before Tuesday)
Dan Brown Racing team (name tbc) (Need deposit before Tuesday)

16 teams so 1, maybe 2, of the unconfirmed teams might have to be dropped. Awesome!!!
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:55 am

Well done john for filling it that quickly cheers

Unfortunatly It was not seen as clearly as a few saw
No brainer really!
how much racing would we have done in 24hours!!!
Alot!
for some reason un beknown to me This site went silent!
Our loss not yours I'm sure!

If you did have any spare places let us know!

Thanks
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:04 am

jungsi wrote:Well done john for filling it that quickly cheers

Unfortunatly It was not seen as clearly as a few saw
No brainer really!
how much racing would we have done in 24hours!!!
Alot!
for some reason un beknown to me This site went silent!
Our loss not yours I'm sure!

If you did have any spare places let us know!

Thanks
Si

Yes, £1 an hour including a car that the team gets to keep, with no wear and tear on your own kit, an experience that will last a lifetime and a bloody good laugh with RC cars in a not so bad location. Sounded good to me :-) Si are you a stick man or a wheel man? I need 4 for my team as RCDisco just poached 4 of my team members.
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 am

Hi John both stick and wheel One in each hand Razz Razz

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am

jungsi wrote:Hi John both stick and wheel One in each hand Razz Razz

Gazag and ME:MTC? you want to join team Ardent? Can you drive with sticks?
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 am

Yes i can drive with stick not done for a while though so will get some practice and gazag can use stick too i thought the site had gone quiet i hope it dont go the way got nitro did

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardent Raceway Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 am

ME:MTC wrote:Yes i can drive with stick not done for a while though so will get some practice and gazag can use stick too i thought the site had gone quiet i hope it dont go the way got nitro did

Just leave it with me for the time being and i'll try and confirm asap. What is your real name, PM me if you don't want to reveal it to the public. :-)
Ardent Raceway
Ardent Raceway

Back to top Go down

Post  ME:MTC Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 am

im mark collett im the one who nearly hit the roof with the over powered firestorm/ blitz when you had the ramp at the end lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next