Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death

5 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushed

Go down

Death Empty Death

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Ok guys dont shoot me dead but with the death or slowly dieing death of the g2 cannot it be possible to introduce a brushed motor that can be maintained. something like a 19 turn saturn or something like that.
This would end the g2's life but mean you had more control on motor conditions etc just a thought your idears welcome, it would be sad to see everyone has gone brushless i have spoken to Vapex and NIMHs will be around for a very long time to come not like some reported the death of them so come on guys lets debate this
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Death Empty Re: Death

Post  Neil crutchlow Sat May 07, 2011 6:10 pm

or why not just leave people to run the G2 if they want its been round to long Paul all this would do is make waves in a class , and people are already up in arms they have a choice run the G2 or go brushless

just my thought

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2011 6:35 pm

No i dont mean implement it i just meant if the g2 is so bad tthen could it not be made better with a motor that could be maintained maybe i did not put it over properly
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sat May 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Its a nice idea Paul but rebuildable motors are much worse in terms of cost. You can gain huge benefits from skimming the comm down to almost nothing so it flies but for one meeting only and you can fit super soft brushes that last one meeting but give great power. You also end up needing a dyno and a comm lathe which are pricey and not tools for beginners so in that respect the g2 is good.

However if people still want to use cells why not look at a rock crawler type wind of brushless that would give slow top speeds and could be used with cells. Probably a 25.5 with no turbo would be very close.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HB-Dom Sat May 07, 2011 7:03 pm

The g2's will be round for a while yet,
especialy with all the ovals guys that are still running, and still using mech speedos affraid
im sure at some point brushless will completely take over all classes and a new battery technology will wipe out the nimh's,
li-fe is supost to be the next big thing as they are very safe but a slightly lower voltage so even lipo may be on the way out.
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 am

Not possable Paul. . .

the daves are all on a level playing field with G2 and if you put in 19t thats another class not needed and then there is the NiHm debate of who can get matched cells as soon as it comes to pass that Nihms are no longer around every one will be on 13.5 and 1 S LiPo
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down