Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 First round

+3
dazzler
Tomo
Gazza
7 posters

:: 1/10th :: F1

Go down

F1 and Motors

F1 First round I_vote_lcap25%F1 First round I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
F1 First round I_vote_lcap0%F1 First round I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
F1 First round I_vote_lcap75%F1 First round I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

F1 First round Empty F1 First round

Post  Gazza Mon May 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Just a quick idea after watching a few problems with the G2 motors people ran yesterday and talking to Nick what are the thoughts on the F1 and G2

How many people had No problem with the motor

Homw many people had a few problems ETC

Please feel free to contribute

Also you can vote on more than one and cancell a vote if you make a mistake
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

F1 First round Empty Re: F1 First round

Post  Tomo Mon May 09, 2011 10:47 pm

17.5 2s is the only way to go.

I cant be arsed with g2 and the hassle it has brought to racing f1s its a hobby and a social event not a motor maintence'a'thon lol.
Plus 17.5 2s is sooooooo much cheaper over a season especially if like me you want to race your f1 more than once a week.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Well...

I like G2 racing, but i dont like living with the motors on a week in week out bassis, its too costly.

I only run F1 and have been running with the G2 for about 3months or so

I used a 5 meeting old motor in qual 1 which time was never beaten, went a lap faster with a new motor but it had fallen off by the final, i think this is more due to runs in a day than its actually knackered for good.

Personally, i think the BRCA have got the two classes right, i think they just need to drop the width rule for the 17.5.

I would like to see for your series, the rules as per BRCA but with the width dropped for GP1

You then get a beginners F1 with the G2, Expert with 17.5 this will make for perfect racing for all abilities and it will still be a cost effective class.

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Daz how about just swapping the two classe over soooo

as it currently is Gp1=17.5 2s and narrow cars
Gp2=G2 2s and wide cars

It should probably be Gp1= 17.5 2s wide cars
Gp2= G2 2s narrow cars

So simply a swap of motor rule between the classes but for the rc circuit series I dont think you will even see any narrow cars So 17.5 2s as a general rule.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Mon May 09, 2011 11:12 pm

I should have my 17.5 Brushless in so the GP2 wouldnt effect me...

It would be nice if people doing the BRCA, without changing much gear could do this series if that makes sense, so to make it more "Universal Rules"

Just dropping the width would achieve this.

I have no idea who will turn up or what they would run, but it would help us (F1 as a class) to have stable rules run by all.

I am going to email and speak to them at the BRCA to see if they would approach the GP1 guys and ask if you would mind dropping the width rule to try and see increased numbers at the event. I would then enter both classes for the remaining events @ BRCA, i would also be entering the 17.5 at the RC Circuit Cars event

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon May 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Dropping the width would mean that the corally type gt10 cars that killed the class first time round will be allowed in and the fastest cars should be be rights named gp1 then gp2 as the slower just like f1 and f2 hence the way I would do it.

Either way 17.5 2s seems best for the wider cars and gp2 should be silvercan as the chassis (trust me) would handle this better.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Mon May 09, 2011 11:23 pm

i mean run all BRCA rules as are, just drop the width rule

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon May 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Ah ok cool am with you but then we would have gp2 as the fastest class and that seems odd, maybe its me Laughing
also dropping just the width rule leaves everyone who may want to race their narrow car in gp1 to be mobbed by the much better wider previously gp2 cars. Hence my ploy to swap the classes competly giving the (current) gp1 drivers their own championship series "GP2" which would be the more scale in appearence and speed with the g2 in. Leaving The (current) gp2 cars to take over the "GP1" name and run the current gp2 width rules etc but with 17.5 2s.

This keeps two championships and could even allow the current championships to be contunied with the rule change even before the next meeting and gives everyone no matter what car they drive something to race for.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Tue May 10, 2011 12:18 am

I understand what you are trying to achieve Tommo and i agree, but for this year that would be too much of a change that the BRCA, i would hope with real feedback and experience that they offer this for next year

My proposed rules would leave GP1 as the fastest with the 17.5's

I think if you tried to call a different event GP1 and GP2 but with the opposite cars the confusion would be through the roof

This sunday would be ace as BRCA GP2 rules but with 17.5 motors (called for example RC-CIRCUIT CARS GP1), and for a second class if people turn for it BRCA GP2 rules running a G2.

I am going to commit to a 17.5 Brushless 2s if i can get my hands on one, if not my car will be as raced on sunday with the G2

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  mark christopher Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 am

this must outlaw the corally cars anyhow? as they dont run hex wheels do they?

GP1' class
2.5) Any commercially available F1 or Indy car kit is
allowed providing it complies with the dimension rules and
has rear axle hex wheel fitment.

2.0 Classes
'GP2’ class
2.1) Any commercially available F1 or Indy car kit is
allowed providing it complies with the dimension rules and
has rear axle hex wheel fitment.

seems to me the motors need changing in each class (swap em round)

mark christopher

Back to top Go down

Post  aw186uk Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 am

How about doing away with GP1 & GP2 and just having the one class with no width restrictions; then if you want cheap racing you buy a F109 and fit a cheap brushless motor and have some fun knowing you might not get into the A final.

The other way to split it is have a foam class & a rubber class.

Or once the class gets going it can then be split similar to the touring cars either by motor size or car width or tyre type.

I think no matter what people think at the moment it's got to run a season with the current rules, too many in season changes or rumours of changes will scare people off.

aw186uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 am

Yeah good calls all round to be fair.
I just wont bother buying anymore g2's for the rest of the season as its a pee take and with the money buy another 17.5.

The brca will I imagine have to keep their rules as is till the end of the season but for the rc circuit cars series it would be nice if we could do the 17.5 2s f1 class as just the f1 class no gp1 or gp2 which would leave the narrow cars at a huge disadvantage but there doesnt seem to be very many of them about.

But for the brca maybe a true scale class as in the narrow f1s on rubber with silvercan g2s as they are much better suited to the lower power.
Then the wider f109s, f103s, f102s etc etc in the other class on rubber or foam open choice and 17.5 2s.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Slotcar Tue May 10, 2011 6:58 am

As i have not got a 17.5t but i do have 10.5 and 1s lipo
So if you are running 17.5t i will run that to see how it compares.
Slotcar
Slotcar

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Tue May 10, 2011 6:59 am

Tomo wrote: but for the rc circuit cars series it would be nice if we could do the 17.5 2s f1 class as just the f1 class no gp1 or gp2

Make it happen tommo!

I have a totally shite sensorless 17.5 yeah racing to run! lol

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  nick turner 50 Tue May 10, 2011 8:52 am

Had great day racing in this event and had a steady stream of banter with everyone

The g2 motor was never going to be a good idea in a F1 ( i have 2 failed g2 motors), for all the reason's stated previously

Brushless is the way forward a nice steady speed slightly faster than the g2 , this will give you chance to recover a mistake

21.5 would be my pick with boost and turbo esc and the narrow F1s run a 32 turn Tamiya formula motor which you can rebuild

Last edited by nick turner 50 on Tue May 10, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
nick turner 50
nick turner 50

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue May 10, 2011 8:56 am

why have a 21.5 class and then introduce turbo and boost scratch

in that case go 13.5 and STOCK ESC like us dave drivers cheers

Also most people dont want re build able motors and rightly so

Brushless XX.5 and 2s will be a good formula for the F1's
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down