Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events

5 posters

:: 1/10th :: F1

Go down

2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events Empty 2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events

Post  dazzler Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Ardent will be the first UK club to run what we hope will become the two main classes for RC F1 racing throughout the UK, come and BE THE FIRST. We will be encouraging you to paint your cars to replicate full size F1 teams. The F1 racing is meant to be fun and without writing lots of rules, we are looking for people to enter this event in the spirit it is in intended so no touring car wheels or pan car type kits.

We will be running an “F1 Master class” workshop at Ardent raceway (date TBC) to help all, both new and old to get their cars ready for the big event!

F1 Retro (aka Foam Class):

F1 Retro is based on the late 70’s and 80’s wide formula one cars with large very sticky tyres, we have replicated this in this class by allowing the unlimited choice of Foam tyres on the 205mm wide cars, Such as the Tamiya F103 or the very popular 3 Racing F109

• 21.5 turn brushless motor (open timing) or G2 brushed
• 2s Lipo or 6 cell NiMHs allowed
• 205mm Maximum Width
• Any commercially available F1 intended foam tyre
• NO PAN CAR TYPE CHASSIS ALLOWED

F1 Modern (aka Rubber Class):

F1 modern is based on the new generation of narrow F1 cars with very restrictive rules, we have replicated this class by setting a restrictive width chassis and rubber tyre, To take part in this class you would need something like a Tamiya F104 or HPI F10 to mention a couple

• 21.5 turn brushless motor (open timing) or G2 brushed
• 2s Lipo or 6 cell NiMHs allowed
• 185mm Maximum Width
• Any commercially available F1 intended Rubber tyre
• Maximum wheel width 40mm
• NO PAN CAR TYPE CHASSIS ALLOWED

Both Classes will run to 1050g minimum weight

Ardent Raceway run a regular heat of F1 cars every Tuesday night (along with all other classes) why not pop along and get some racing practice in!

- Round 1 - 16th October
- Round 2 - 27th November
- Round 3 – 18th December
- Round 4 – 15th January
- Round 5 - 26th February
- Round 6 - 25th March
- Round 7 - 15th April

Doors Open at 08:00, Registration Closes at 09:30, Racing Starts at 09:45
(Top 4 to count towards title win, format will be 3 qualifying and 2 finals.)

The rubber class is subject to numbers, so you need to get booked in to make this happen!

More information and booking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dazzler

Back to top Go down

2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events Empty Re: 2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events

Post  markb Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:38 am

cheers

Top set of rules, and two of the best class names ever "F1 Retro" and "F1 Modern" Cool

I'm on board Very Happy
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events Empty Re: 2 Classes for the F1's at Ardents Word Pan Series Events

Post  jasonb Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 am

Planning on applying my Team Doris race engineering cunning to a HPI F10 with Part# in "Modern class" Twisted Evil
Probably wont do all the rounds as winning GT10 takes priority

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:08 am

jasonb wrote:Planning on applying my Team Doris race engineering cunning to a HPI F10 with Part# in "Modern class" Twisted Evil

Age and cunning will overcome youth and skill...again Twisted Evil
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Any chance of you top guys having a spare day before the series starts for a master class in GT help check over cars and help with a little setup help for us guys trying to get the extra lap or 2 to get on par with you

I know it would help me and a couple others
Please guys

Thanks Neil

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Neil crutchlow wrote:Any chance of you top guys having a spare day before the series starts for a master class in GT help check over cars and help with a little setup help for us guys trying to get the extra lap or 2 to get on par with you

I know it would help me and a couple others
Please guys

Thanks Neil

No problem doing it will need to sort out a date, come and see me or Mark whenever we are up there to give your car a once over.

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Cheers Jason nice one Smile

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 am

Like Jason if I'm free then I'd be up for that.

It might make sense to have a combined GT and F1 day, so we can cover off both groups in one go Wink

Last tme I raced at Lowestoft I handed over the transmitter to the club chairman for a few laps. I was a bit concerned he'd find my 10R5 was aggressive to drive...but he loved it. So we spent time getting a lot more steering on his X-Ray GT. He left a very happy chairman Cool

markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil crutchlow Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I struggle building the shocks getting the right amount of oil in and past the o rings any tips ??

Neil crutchlow

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 am

Neil crutchlow wrote:I struggle building the shocks getting the right amount of oil in and past the o rings any tips ??

Neil,
Come and ask me next time you see me and I'll show you.

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 am

Back on topic me and Part# will be up on Saturdayforsome preliminary "Modern Class" testing Very Happy

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:11 am

which saturday, my rubber car will be here tomorrow!

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonb Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm

This Saturday 27th.

What roll out are you running on a G2?

Jason

jasonb

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzler Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:02 pm

really low compared to others.. in the 40's will check exactly but I think its about 44

dazzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:28 pm

I run 43mm rollout for my g2 on the current gp2 cars, however with the lower revolving mass of the narrower f104 wheels on the narrow class cars I tend to run alittle higher with the same motor temps.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  markb Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Neil crutchlow wrote:I struggle building the shocks getting the right amount of oil in and past the o rings any tips ??

Hi Neil,

I'll stick a post in the GT section later this week... Wink

Cheers, Mark
markb
markb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down