Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC

+3
miklos
Gazza
JimboJames1972
7 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC Empty 'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC

Post  JimboJames1972 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 am

West Suffolk Model Car Club – Mardave Open Meeting.

WSMCC are pleased to announce their ‘National’ Mardave Circuit Open Meeting to be held on Sunday 18th December 2011.

We race at Risby Village Hall, just outside Bury St Edmunds and about 2 mins from the A14. We have plenty of car parking! Our track is Primafelt carpet and about 12x20m area. We run an AMB transponder system that accepts personal transponders as well as the club’s handout ones. We allow the use of BRCA approved odorless additives so long as Drivers ensure that their tires are touch dry before the car goes on the track.

For this special meeting doors will open at 10:00am and racing to start at 12 noon. There will be 3 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals of which the best two will count. Estimated finish time will be between 7:00pm and 8:00pm. Prizes and trophies for racing will be awarded, as well as a Concourse prize.

Race Fee will be £6 for one class (£8 for 2 classes) for seniors and £4 and £5 respectively for juniors.

Classes supported will be Mardave ‘Stock’ Circuit (4-cell NiMH and G2 brushed motors), Mardave ‘Brushless’ Circuit (1s LiPo and 13.5 brushless motors, ‘blinky’ speedos accepted) and, if sufficient interest, a ‘SuperDave’ class as well. Please contact the Club Secretary (me) for full construction rules.

Pit tables, chairs and 240V mains electricity are available but please bring your own extension cables, multi-point plugs and pit towels to protect the tables. If you bring a 12V car battery this must be stored in a plastic tub.

Food (filled rolls, bacon sandwiches, hot dogs) as well as tea, coffee, soft drinks and chocolates will also be available to buy.

Places will have to be limited (approx 50 drivers) so please book in early. Contact me a.s.a.p. to book your place.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC Empty Re: 'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC

Post  Gazza Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:59 am

a map . . . link please and postcode cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC Empty Re: 'National' Mardave Circuit Meeting - West Suffolk MCC

Post  JimboJames1972 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am

Hi,

Yes, sorry about that. Check this from Google Maps:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The village hall is right next to Risby CEVCP School, Aylmer Close, Risby, IP28 6RT.

Directions:-

A14, Junction 42. Come off and head north (if you're coming from the west this will be the first exit at the roundabout or fourth exit if you're coming from the east). This road is the B1106 Westley Road. After about 300m, take first turning on the left. Head along this road for about 1.5 miles, past Crematorium on the right and enter Risby Village and 30mph zone. Road takes sharp right then left and then goes downhill. Hall is on the right, slightly back from the road and on a bank. It is cream/white and can be seen from the road. There is a telephone box just before the left hand turn into the hall/school site. If you get as far as a t-junction with a thatched house/barn straight ahead you have cone too far.

Good luck, hope to see you there!

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 am

on a Sunday in the winter & finish at 8pm . . . affraid

If the so called bad winter is on the cards like most predict your turn out might be low. . . .

could this not start sooner and finish earlier . . . just a thought for those that may get stuck in a blizzard at possable getting back home late even for me its a 2hr drive and thats in good weather Neutral
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Firstly, in reply to various PMs - we will happily welcome all circuit Mardaves, including Caterhams. So long as your car does not have external bumpers and you're willing to race it around a circuit rather than an oval we will certainly find a suitable heat/class for you to race in!

Secondly, the chosen date. We went for this day simply because we have been offered some fairly significant sponsorship from a local company to be able to host this meeting. Unfortunately the offer expires at the end of the year and with club coffers being prety empty there is no real way we can afford the higher weekend hall rents without this generous sponsorship. We also figured that to give drivers as much notice as possible, and so as not to clash with either the Tamworth meeting or Christmas, this weekend was really our only choice. No, perhaps it is not ideal but we believe it is the best option available.

Third, start and finish times - these are flexible to a certain degree. For those travelling any distance I guess you'll either have a long drive at the start of the day or at the end? Depending on numbers we might be able to open up earlier and make a faster start but we'll stick with the advertised timings for now. Andy at race control runs a real tight ship so once we get going we're off!

Lastly, the weather. Sorry, not a lot I can really do about that. I will certainly offer a brief prayer up to the Big Boss closer to the day though...

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for the info Jay cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  miklos Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 am

I will be there James
miklos
miklos

http://www.fordhamraceway.weebly.com   www.marchraceway.piczo.co

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 am

As will I Smile
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

http://www.westsuffolkmcc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks you two, it would be great to see you both!

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  montymole Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 am

I be there also James

Stelios

montymole

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:59 am

GREAT!

I'll be tapping everyone's shoulders over the next week or so for booking in fees. Get your wallets ready!

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardavespares.com Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am

looking foward to this one Smile
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 am

Razz Paid last night now have to bribe my dad to let me run 2 classes brushed and brushless Very Happy
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:55 am

LOL lets hope the snow ploughs go out that far. . . . looks like shite weather on the way lads
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:29 pm

What weather forecast you looking at Gazza lol meant to be a nice clear Day Maybe you should jump on the band wagon and come down ya self mate a lot are turning up for this national so its going be fun *but knowing my luck il get dead last lol*
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 pm

i may if the weather is fin jay come down take some pics and do a write up on here about it
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Just looked on weather channel on Yahoo! ....
Looks like loads of snow on the way but they may get it wrong
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Well enough about the weather lol don't want to put drivers off Smile its all for a good Cause *excising the thumbs Smile*

And please do its a great idea the more we get written up about the circuit scene the better whether its at ardent or wsmcc

Jay
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi All,

Places are filling up fast now, not many left! We also have a massive prize fund kindly donated by Mardave - 2x complete CE chassis kits, 2x CE conversion lits, many bodyshells and a LOAD of other spares. And trophies too :-)

Please contact me via the PM service on this site for directions, sets of rules, payment details and other race information if you are planning on attending. With spaces filling up fast we can no longer promise places to drivers just turning up on the door.

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm

James why PM just Post it mate

Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  miklos Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:13 am

Big thanks to James and every one who helpped today and well done to thw winners great days racing
miklos
miklos

http://www.fordhamraceway.weebly.com   www.marchraceway.piczo.co

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:27 am

Come on then post the pics etc cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaykelvik Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 am

i will i will lol il post tomorrow or can they be linked from my facebook profile?
Jaykelvik
Jaykelvik

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

And my most sincere thanks to all those who battled their way through the weather (what weather?) to attend, our generous sponsors for the trophies and pile of prizes, the girls who provided the lovely grub and to everyone else involved.

With so many happy racers, and some extremely close races, we are certainly planning another meeting for late spring. More details to follow...

J
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:48 am

Glad it was a good Jimbo seems like both venues yours and Ardent all had some cracking Mardave racing today sorta makes a big smile come across faces racing these cars
Re kindled lots of passion for me today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next