Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mardave servo

4 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

mardave servo Empty mardave servo

Post  suggy007 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 am

Can anyone reccomend a steering servo for my mardave at the moment i have an ACE servo i have used this for the last year with not bad
results but at times i find it very sensitive with my heavy hand a bit of an overkill. Although i can turn down the steering rate i can not turn down the
speed of it ime useing a dx3s transmitter.
cheers

suggy007

Back to top Go down

mardave servo Empty Re: mardave servo

Post  Gazza Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:02 am

Blimey most of us use the Savox or hitec cant remember the numbers but there good as there metal geared you will have to go to local club and see what there running
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Luxton Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:55 am

Try altering the steering exponential curve on the transmitter to somewhere in the region of -20% to -30%
Should make the steering less sensitive but still get full steering lock.

Mike Luxton

Back to top Go down

Post  suggy007 Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 am

Never really understood the expo before i will give it a try cheers

suggy007

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:49 am

expo in a nut shell

set at zero

move stick 5mm servo moves 5mm

Set at -20%

move stick 5mm servo moves 1mm

Set at +20%

move stick 5mm servo moves 10mm

sort of thing but when you get to the end of the travel it moves the full amount
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  JimboJames1972 Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 am

I think the Savox servo that Gary is on about might be the 1251MG - plenty fast enough, plenty of torque and a nice 'low-profile' shape so that you get a bit more room to get the rest of your electrics in. They certainly have been popular with racers around here.

Be a bit careful though, not all makes of servo have the output spline in exactly the same place - the Savox 1251's spline does not line up dead centre in your chassis if you use the standard servo mount holes. It comes out about 2mm offset which can have some interesting effects on how your car steers left and right. OK, not a huge issue but I have known several racers spend several race meetings head scratching over why their cars were handling odd! Of course, this is not a problem if you are planning on re-drilling the holes anyway to mount the servo in the left of the chassis as you can re-drill them where you like.

From what I understand the standard servo holes fit Futaba servos better. At least, my old S9550 lines up dead centre.

Hope this helps,

James
JimboJames1972
JimboJames1972

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down