Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get the best from your G2 motor

+6
uop101
mad-wolfie
Gazza
MrJohn
stox217
Tomo
10 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushed

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How to get the best from your G2 motor - Page 2 Empty Re: How to get the best from your G2 motor

Post  mad-wolfie Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 am

Gazza wrote:Well Ian . . .

Taken from the Mardave Brushless thread . . .

you are missing my point.. my point is

1) Mardave is supposed to be a cheap class - someone mentioned cheap RTR cars, yes you can buy a £100 RTR touring car complete these days, but these are aimed at beginners, not for those wanting simplicity. Mardaves are also supposed to be simple, raw engineering. Simple machines away from all the faffing & regulations of the other classes.

2) to go & fit a motor that most TC/12 users can run into a mardave along with timing advanced speedo's & all the toys when the rest of the field are just running G2 silvercans, cells & Tamiya or M-troniks brushed speedo is in my eyes technically cheating. I know there is nothing in the rules about it, but come on, play the game.. if you want a brushless at least get something on a par with a G2 such as a 12t ezrun or at least a mardave system that is designed with the spec of the car in mind. there's nothing in the BRCA rules about fitting rocket packs to a 10th touring car, but i bet people would be pretty p****d off if someone turned up at a BRCA national with one because it would no longer be a level playing field.

3) if you have to resort to using TC / 12th electrics just to keep up with & have a fighting chance of beating the silvercan runners - i'm sorry i simply can't put what i'm going to say next any other way without it sounding unpleasant - you must really be a crap driver.

4) yes i can understand the need to go Brushless, e.g since going Brushless i've saved a fortune on replacing brushes & buying mate's beers to persuade them into skimming comms etc sp in the long run they are cheaper & my motors are lasting seasons, not just a couple of months, now my brushless motors have paid for themselves, but again, see point 2 - ezrun 35A/12t or 9t systems are around £60 - just a couple of years back it used to cost me at least £75 to fit a brushed motor & Speedo e.g, a Novak XRS & a 19t checkpoint into a touring car just to go club racing, now i can buy a complete brushless system for that price that will outperform it.

Last edited by mad-wolfie on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected BBcode)
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

http://www.stokebikeruns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to get the best from your G2 motor - Page 2 Empty Re: How to get the best from your G2 motor

Post  uop101 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 am

Yes Gaz, you were on the pace in Q3 with a predicted 22 lapper and I was quite worried until your mishap cheers

See you at Ardent on Tuesday for some more good, close racin' Wink
uop101
uop101

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:13 am

Ian . . .

Nope sorry mate you / we missed the point compleatly

the 13.5 and 1s LiPo is the same as running a G2 or silver can thats it dont worry about the cost

12t ezrun or at least a mardave system that is designed with the spec of the car in mind

the above system BLITZ's the silver can even the Mardave system is round about a 9.5 brushless

Crap driver ?

Is some one who cant handle a car or set one up to make it handle well and keeps crashing or cant go in a straight line I concider to be crap ?

because I dont have speed to keep up makes me a crap driver Suspect No

no you missing my point the motors are crap Ian . .. and we mean crap
you can be the best driver in the world but if the motor / cells wont keep up with the others you dont stand a chance mate crap driver is nothing to do with it you have to have the BLACK art on G2 motors Wink

If diping and brasso is all you know I think you add better stop there as your not very Knowledgeable on this topic

ADMIN now moderating this topic

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Gazza wrote: no you missing my point the motors are crap Ian . .. and we mean crap
you can be the best driver in the world but if the motor / cells wont keep up with the others you dont stand a chance mate crap driver is nothing to do with it you have to have the BLACK art on G2 motors Wink

If diping and brasso is all you know I think you add better stop there as your not very Knowledgeable on this topic

May i chirp in and say the g2 motor i have in now has had no black art used on it!

It was selected by me to use in the Ardent round of the circuit series.
All what i do to it is put a little wd40 = cotton bud to clean it then off we go again!
Not even run in before i put it in. As there's no need to warterdip these motor's or brasso them too.

So may i just say that these new motors are not crap but are a huge leap on from the two slot versions!

Also my dad was using a 4 month old g2 yesterday was was making the bottom a final whilst most of the others were 13.5 1s lipo

study cheers
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah I know nick. I have said that the new g2s are much more equal despite peoples claims to the contrary. You may still get the odd one or two that aren't quite as food but that's true of all motors. My gm star wind ran once and the rotor snapped but I haven't labelled the gm brushless as crap I've just taken it as I was unlucky.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 pm

stox217 wrote:
May i chirp in and say the g2 motor i have in now has had no black art used on it!

Note
AHHH Nick you mising the point mate Crying or Very sad

The topic is crappy G2 motors as used by most of us like last year not the one you have NOW
Totally differant subject

Hence the Lipo + 13.5 was used to compansate the poor crappy G2

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:54 pm

May i ask why do you keep refering to the old g2's now?
Where virtually every one else is using the newer g2 motors so they should be the ones refered too?
Just a point.
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:58 pm

because thats the referance point of the G2 and the 13.5 brushless the G2 at the time was crap I cant compare it to the ones of today as I have never used one hence that's the referance point

hope that helps

also if they are good as you say then every one should be doing well

But I dont know what other drivers in my heat were running but if they were the new 4 slot G2 there is still some thing wrong. . .

also Dan at Ardent ran a new G2 and was down to 19 laps instead of is normall 20 laps so yea as far as im concerned So we down the route again batterys ESC so as far as I can tell the 13.5 and 1s is still the best option

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Fair enough.
Still worth comparing them some time.
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 pm

its hard Nick its down to time etc . . .

Unless you and me get together one day go to ardent and test the new G2 with cells ESC etc but as we run at the moment it could take months to get all the info

where the 13.5 and 1s LiPo is already proven its the same power week after week after week

But hang on I have used this over a year now SO 13.5 and 1s LiPo is already proven its the same power month after month ( battery is 18 months old ) . . ( motor is 3 months speedo is 1 month ) and I dont want to change any thing now as I want to run it to see cost against NiMh's and Motors dischargers etc

You were doing great yeasterday in the final but at the 3:30sec mark James started to pull away so now its down to

1 Motor getting hot ( then the magnets wont last long so another motor soon )

2 Batterys cant cope ( you need all singing dancing cells )

But yea when you have a day spare let me know and let the testing begin Idea
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Well i will carry on using a g2 at hinckley no real need to go to ardent as its doing it all at hinckley its proven to be up with the guys with the less pricey brushless combo's which is what its all about Smile
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:43 pm

stox217 wrote:Fair enough.
Still worth comparing them some time.

Hey scratch

So how do we compare etc. . thats what testing is all about using ESC / cells / LiPo / motors

Well come to the world of testing this is what we have to do use / swop ESC / cells / LiPo / motors etc you cant compare it just running at hinckley

I say ardent as its open for practice and you cant do that at Hinckley so again let me know when you have a day spare and we will go testing and post results for all to see I for one am very intrested in the results now

So who has a New 4 slot that wants to take part in some testing
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 pm

You can only compare during race conditions when all drivers are trying to get 1st during 5 mins!

If theres only two of you on the track then its not really a under race condition's is it?

stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 pm

The traditional way of testing is for one driver to control all conditions except the one they are testing.
So to get a reasonable comparison it maybe best to run with the same car, tyres, driver, etc.

Changing only the motor in your case Gazza as I know the tekin has a brushed mode. Then maybe swap the speedo out and try the g2 on a "cost effective" speedo and then the brushless set up in stock mode then in balls out crazy mode and then you will at least have as fair a test as is possible without being totally anal about it.

Again that would only give a result for your driving style, set up and batteries but it would give some evidence either way.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

stox217 wrote:not really a under race condition's is it?

Race scratch

Nope testing mate testing

as in one car and swop esc motor battery's like Tomo says controlled enviroment

like a drag strip for eg off the line around a cone and back over the loop or do 3 easy laps around a track but its hard to explain hence a days track test is needed

i have a few 13.5 motors and brushless esc that will run Brushed ?

I have 3 brushed esc and 2 old g2's left

Need one 4 slot new G2
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 am

I think ardent have a few g2 motors in stock
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:37 am

But would like some one there as well dont want to do it on my own unless I video it all Idea
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am

When do you want to go up for practice and testing gazza........... Question
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 am

any time Mate you got a New G2 motor 4 slot
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:02 am

Let us know when you are doing it Gazza i will take the video camera so this can be put to bed !!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:42 am

This subject will never be put to bed as tech moves on and speedos and batteries change etc. But it would be good to have some actual info to work from. I will gladly help Gazza stox and marti with this.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:43 am

Yes mate i have 2 cars both have g2-4slot in them and decent cells (hi-energy matched packs) and i hope i will have a tekin to put in it very soon so i have the right kit to sort this once and for all.

Only a thought but could we have a unbiased driver lets say TOMO as he can out drive us all and could test this to the limit.

Im free most of the time discuss amongst your self's and ill be watching.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:45 am

dirtyghost wrote:
Only a thought but could we have a unbiased driver lets say TOMO as he can out drive us all and could test this to the limit.

Shocked
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:16 am

so lets pick a day and all go video it and put the evidence up to be seen
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mad-wolfie Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am

Can i ask where the last reply i made went?
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

http://www.stokebikeruns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next