Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get the best from your G2 motor

+6
uop101
mad-wolfie
Gazza
MrJohn
stox217
Tomo
10 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushed

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How to get the best from your G2 motor - Page 3 Empty Re: How to get the best from your G2 motor

Post  Tomo Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:07 am

Lol cheers marti but it maybe best if someone who races mardave stock all the time to drive. I can help prep motors as best I know how if you want to try some tweaked g2s also. I think Gazza and stox and you marti are the best driver candidates as you each represent certain areas of racing with the mardave. 3 cars with 3 different drivers going through the same set of tests on the same day would be as conclusive as you could get. Obviously each driver will suit different cars motors combos due to styles and skill but it would be intriguing.

As I said say a day and I will be there and help in whatever way poss.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to get the best from your G2 motor - Page 3 Empty Re: How to get the best from your G2 motor

Post  Tomo Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:07 am

Not sure mate write it again.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  mad-wolfie Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 am

TOMO wrote:Not sure mate write it again.

it''d probably be deleted again, because it seems my opinion isn't liked by those who "appear" to be more knowledgable
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

http://www.stokebikeruns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:27 am

Yes say a day with in a half term ect and i might attend.
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 am

I have not deleted any post we should allow views and debates it took me a long time to learn that as its all healthy debate
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 am

Well mate I like reading what you have to say. Debates all good aslong as it doesn't get mean and personal.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 am

I deleted it. . .

I found it was not needed and as Admin / mod thats my job it was in no way a dig at Ian or any other person on here I just felt it needed calming down and to edit it would not make sense

so best to delete it

ok right so what day we going for.. . .

Nick when you off from school / uni or what ever what dates you got
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 am

I am off from 25th to the 31st but cannot make either the 25th or the 28th and deffo not the 31st.
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:24 am

October
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

OK guys what you say to the 26th or the 27th October

26th is Tuesday 1:30 till 5 plus race night so we could try out all the settings

27th is Wednesday 9:30 till 5:30
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

How to get the best from your G2 motor - Page 3 Empty .

Post  HB-Dom Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 am

if nicks coming over ill be there with my dave,
need some destruction testing aswell Very Happy
HB-Dom
HB-Dom

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 am

Pick the date that siuts everyone then and lets do a proper video with a good script well set out then people can make the choices with a interview or comments from those who took part their thoughts and veiws all on video then get gazag to edit it stich it and then post it jobs a good un
i need time to book the shift off and we need to do it when the place is not rocking so a morning session would be good
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mad-wolfie Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Gazza wrote:I deleted it. . .

I found it was not needed and as Admin / mod thats my job it was in no way a dig at Ian or any other person on here I just felt it needed calming down and to edit it would not make sense

so best to delete it

no, sorry i disagree.. in my opinion i say you deleted it because i clearly pointed out some of your comments simply don't make sence & didn't like the fact, so it was easier to delete the post rather than to set the record straight.

if what you say is accurate & a G2 is "exactly the same as running 13.5 & 1S LiPo" then why do they run 13.5 in a seperate class in the major tournaments, if what you say is correct they should all be in the same heat & there should be no difference in the lap times or performance but there is.. & it's a massive difference.

besides, why are you discusssing the use of 13.5 & LiPo in a thread that is discussing G2 motors? as an admin/mod your job is also to keep threads on topic during a discussion. This is a thread that revolves around discussing the obvious difference between newer & older G2 & brushed motors of the same type & how they hold up to some light tweaking here & there, thus it's totally off topic to talk about Brushless & how it compares.
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm

mad-wolfie wrote:
no, sorry i disagree.. in my opinion i say you deleted it because i clearly pointed out some of your comments simply don't make sence ,

Sorry Ian I have been racing Daves a long time and I do know what im on about its your comments that are wrong
sorry mate Crying or Very sad

mad-wolfie wrote:
if what you say is accurate & a G2 is "exactly the same as running 13.5 & 1S LiPo" then why do they run 13.5 in a seperate class in the major tournaments,

Ian we are on about Mardaves not 1/12th cars mate as we have no major Tournament and the dave 13.5 and 1sLiPo is well slower than a 1/12th

mad-wolfie wrote:
if what you say is correct they should all be in the same heat & there should be no difference in the lap times ,

Thats right Ian we run in the same heat as G2's and its very close racing with regards to lap times . ..
there is always going to be differant lap times scratch

Last nights race at Ardent

1 Dan Sheppard 20 / 308.44 15.42 14.85 <<<< G2 4 cell
2 John Dawson 20 / 312.17 15.60 14.82 <<<< G2 4cell
3 James Carvell 19 / 306.60 16.13 14.78 <<<<13.5 1S Lipo

And another

1 James Carvell 20 / 305.30 15.26 14.62 <<<< 13.5 & a LiPo
2 Dan Sheppard 20 / 308.44 15.42 14.85 <<<< G2 and 4 cells

I think you should pop down to Ardent on a Tuesday Ian.
We could discuss this better over a coffee and show you what we are on about its hard to put into words and it sound's like im having a go at you which im sorry its just that its totally differant to 1/12th racing
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  4_cell_racer Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Any chance we can get back onto the topic guys......about how to get the best from a G2 motor....NOT what is best.......this thread has gone sooo far off topic it's unreal!! and I thought MODS were here to delete replies that are not relevant???

Anyway......

Thanks Tomo for taking the time to type that out/copy it Wink it's gonna help me when I get back into Mardave cheers
4_cell_racer
4_cell_racer

Back to top Go down

Post  mad-wolfie Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Gazza wrote:
I think you should pop down to Ardent on a Tuesday Ian.
We could discuss this better over a coffee and show you what we are on about its hard to put into words and it sound's like im having a go at you which im sorry its just that its totally differant to 1/12th racing

to be honest the lap times you have quoted prove nothing, there are too many variables to take into consideration.. John Dawson could proobably beat me around Ardent with his Mardave if i raaced against him with my 12th because he has done a hell of a lot more laps there than anyone else on the planet & his car is set purely for that circuit. What is really needed to convince me is the same driver (preferably an independent driver with bags of talent), same car, same circuit & properly 2 timed runs under race conditions with both types of motor. Then when there are 2 timed runs to compare times to if the runs are both within .1 of a second of each other & the consistency roughly the same for both motors then i will agree 100% & eat a large slice of humble pie.

With regards 12th, i don't know why you are constantly comparing 12th to Mardave, but then again you have contradicted yourself once again by saying ..
Gazza wrote: its just that its totally differant to 1/12th racing
So if it's different why compare it? you can't set a Mardave up the same as a 12th car. for starters you wouldn't run a G2 motor in a 12th, so that's a futile argument so there is simply nothing to compare it to, plus the majoritty of 12th runners are using 10.5 motors as they are the best all rounder, those who are brave enough fit modified motors, but these make the car a complete animal to drive & many opt to stick with 10.5 & concentrate on car set-up to give them that extra .1 of a second

Also please don't regard me as a 1 class runner, it may shock you but i'm not just a 12th runner, i do race other classes as well, i.e Touring car, 4WD off-road, Mini, Rallying & now also F1 but I have a lot more experience in other classes having started RC back in the late 80's when the norm was running silvercans in 2WD tamiya's going on to 4WD buggies, then moving on to on-road & i've had a go at nearly all the classes going & have run most combo's of motors from silvercans to modified, so not wanting to sound arrogant, i've tried it all & have enough experience to know the differences, so i regard myself as a jack of all traddes, but master of none.

Thanks for the offer of an invite to Ardent on a Tuesday, however i have to decline for the simple reason Tuesday is my club night, but if we decide we are going to switch racing back to Saturday mornings over the winter months i may have a drive up the A50 & surprise you.

Now with my moderator hat on, i think that has put very off-topic part of the discussion to bed, so please can we get back onto the topic of G2 motors & get the thread running how it was intended
mad-wolfie
mad-wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 pm

My new G2 should be here tomorrow and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be faster than the others I've had. The last one I had was only half the speed of most of the others I was trying to race against.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 am

mad-wolfie wrote:

With regards 12th, i don't know why you are constantly comparing 12th to Mardave, but then again you have contradicted yourself once again by saying ..
Gazza wrote: its just that its totally differant to 1/12th racing

Sorry Ian I was trying to under stand this bit

mad-wolfie wrote:
why do they run 13.5 in a seperate class in the major tournaments.

was this the Mardave class or the 1/12th class re the major tournament scratch

mad-wolfie wrote:
to be honest the lap times you have quoted prove nothing,

Ok I rest my case its obvious you know nothing pratical Neutral The End

Last edited by Gazza on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 am

will be at ardent tomorrow for some testing as stated earlyer in this topic Very Happy
stox217
stox217

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3