Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racingpunk

5 posters

:: 1/10th :: RC Drift

Go down

Racingpunk Empty Racingpunk

Post  ShortiePaul Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:12 am

Simon of racingpunk has now footed up the money yes £200 to sponcer the complete 6 round series now thats brilliant that we can forge forward with getting this series underway in the near future. i have spoken to Simon on the phone this is brilliant news that will i hope will be as good as when i took the F1 to Tamworth.
We will bring you more info as we get talks underway.
This can only be a great thing for us and for olly and i look forward to the challenges ahead for pulling this off big thank you Racingpunk for your brilliant offer im sure all the guys involved are realy thankfull to you mate
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Racingpunk Empty Re: Racingpunk

Post  ShortiePaul Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:24 am

thanks for the call we will keep you updated as things unfold simon
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  ollydc5 Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:55 am

this is awesome news and many thanks to racing punk for helping us to make this a success.
ollydc5
ollydc5

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:19 am

Good news yes olly we need to get our heads together soon tho mate maybe a good idea to have some pub grub a pint and a natter mate
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:58 am

I think this will be a cracking event and with Olly as forward thinking as myself with vision I cannot see this being anything but a great event.
Now is your time to chuck in your thoughts before things start to get put in place with the grace of
RACINGPUNK and his sponsorship of the event then we are onto a winner from the word go.
Those guys who enjoy drifting we could do with your input and idea’s has how this should be run it’s no good sitting back then when everything is sorted start to shoot holes in it.
You guys in the drift section wanted to drift so here you are on another level with some great prizes and also the added bonus of a cash win as well. So a lot has to be sorted out in the coming months with the election of judges ect. I for one look forward to it do you. So your ideas are more than welcome
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  jungsi Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:51 am

Sounds cool!!

sorry I'm gonna ask a few questions!!
Is there gonna be something in it for everbody to take part, good drifters and bad
so we all get some thing out of it!
Poss like a easier track for us begginers and a more complex track for the good ones,
I don't know poss smooth out the corners a bit for us starters and tighten um up for the good uns
Also this may just me but when scoring depending on skill level you drift on your own or with other people,
again how good you are!
I'm just trying to think of some thing so everybody can have a go and not feel intimidated by the top knobs
OK I'm just talking about me
it's all me me me I know!

Poss a different drift for brushed and brushless
Also this is going off the subject a bit but what about the idea of a bit of coaching for the individuals who are not that good to be on offer, so we can all get a bit more out of it
like at the start of each session the opertunity to have a bit of coaching from some off you more experienced guys??
Not to have to ask but to be offered!
like good car setups, right motor
so we can all improve together
Its know good givin a car to somebody to have a go with to say its good! or there's nothing wrong it may be that car doesn't work for you!!

Don't no but it may get more people involved and get more injoyment out of the day??

Thanks
Si

jungsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 am

good points Simon i like the thought about some coaching that could be a thing that Tom maybe intrested in mate. after all the more that people help new people the bigger the sport will grow. Maybe you could direct that question for Tom to reply to.
I think they will hammer out sections for brushed brushless these will come out in the wash i think.
on your comment well i think runing with the so called top knobs will improve your drifting this was made plain when young Wayne who is just a carpark drifter floated through to the finals to battle off with tom.
thanks for the input mate will bat the idea's around with the guys
would be good if 3 people get to score independant then the scores handed into the cheif judge for totting up. all these are good idea's
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:40 am

Admin wrote:good points Simon i like the thought about some coaching that could be a thing that Tom maybe intrested in mate. after all the more that people help new people the bigger the sport will grow. Maybe you could direct that question for Tom to reply to.
I think they will hammer out sections for brushed brushless these will come out in the wash i think.
on your comment well i think runing with the so called top knobs will improve your drifting this was made plain when young Wayne who is just a carpark drifter floated through to the finals to battle off with tom.
thanks for the input mate will bat the idea's around with the guys
would be good if 3 people get to score independant then the scores handed into the cheif judge for totting up. all these are good idea's

i take it from what you are saying today at work you will be in for it
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

This all sounds wicked. I will help anyone with drifting if asked but I wouldn't just giv advise or tell someone how to drift as everyone drifts and feels it different. Mayb we could have a small figure of 8 set up next to the track for drift help so then if anyone wants any help then they go on the figure of 8 and then anyone can offer help or giv pointers to them. Also I think a figure 8 is perfect to learning to drift and keeping the back end from spinning out when changing direction.
Also mayb we could all use the same drift tyres in the comp. I no the hpi t drift are a bit pricey but mayb in the future we could get help from model shops who would offer some sets if we had a banner or mentioned the shop on drift vids or on this forum?
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:16 am

Wayne its great that you are active in the forum buddy. and yes i agree with you about pointers and help. i would have thought that Tom would have been able to give advice on this but to no avail. I for one are realy glad that you came to the meet mate because you are a brilliant drifter mate and when i gave you the tyres and wheels you showed just how good you are mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 am

Cheers buddy. I have now got some hpi t drift tyres but not tryed them yet. I no I'm not a pro but I would help anyone but I don't want to tread on toms toes as I'm a newby. Don't want to piss people off I just love to drift and would love to do what tom does and get recognised.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 am

I cannot see the day to far off i have spoken to racingpunk about you at quite some lenth if you would like to pm me with your number he would dearly like to talk to you mate cheers cheers as far as pissing anyone off that is no problem guys would love help and we are all there for the same thing the love of drifting will speek more with you at next meet mate
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:03 am

Wicked m8 I will send you me number now. Look forward to the future with you all.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortiePaul Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 pm

yes have your number now Wayne will pm you later when i get home with Racingpunks number.
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Cheers buddy. Laughing Very Happy
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content