Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brushless v brushed

3 posters

Go down

Brushless v brushed Empty Brushless v brushed

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Thinking mayb a brushless system but I have a nice set up on brushed with a 15t motor but my battery time is not as long as I would like so my questions are -

Will the battery time be longer with brushless?
Is it worth the money?
Is there a brushed motor that is not to much money that will last longer than a 15t?

Cheers
wayne
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Brushless v brushed Empty Re: Brushless v brushed

Post  dirtyghost Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi Wayne ill try and clear some stuff up for ya

Q:Will the battery time be longer with brushless?
A: yes a brushless motor is almost 50% more efficient than an equivalent brushed and on a lipo you get massive run times

Q:Is it worth the money?
A: if your a serious drifter or racer its the only way to go, no brushes the ware out and you wont loose power over time so they wont need replacing 3 or 4 times a year (mainly racing)

Q:Is there a brushed motor that is not to much money that will last longer than a 15t?
A:the simple answer is no, your talking about a brushed motor and as such they will all burn out eventually, if you wish to stay brushed then your best bet is to go and get a decent 19t modified re-buildable motor this way you can replace the brushes and take it apart from time to time and re skim the com this helps to improve efficiency and help it to last longer.

Hope this is helpful mate.

Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Cheers m8. Thankyou for your help. I will and do want to go for brushless but it's jus money holding me back as with the wedding and being of work for so long a can't fork out agen as I've already had me 2.4g and a new battery last week.
I have seen a few about for the £100 mark and up to £300. Is there any need for the top ones which are mega fast motors for drifting? Raceingpunk have one on there site which looks cool.
I do want a reverce one aswell.

Thankyou agen for your time and help kida.

Cheers
wayne
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:57 pm

No problem mate that's what we are here for.

There is a system that Gazza uses and i suspect it would work for the drifting as well but you don't have to spend the earth to get enough power to spin the wheels up like you do in touring car.
A simple 17.5 or 10.5 would do the job quite nicely, i would recommend going for something that is censored as it will run smoother and give you more control over the power have a word with gazza and see if his does have reverse i suspect it does as its a mardave system.
There are some cheap systems from hongkong and china that would do the job like the EZ-run systems just have a look about and if in doubt just post a link to what you have looked at before you buy and someone will point you in the right direction matey.

Take it easy bud..

See ya soon

Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 am

speed controlers can be had second hand for good prices along with motor's.
Make shure if you are buying 2nd hand to see pictures of it working along with a post it note with there user name + date ect so you know its there picture of there speed control or motor.
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 am

cheers m8 will do.
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content