Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardent

4 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

Ardent Empty Ardent

Post  Admin Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:34 am

Gazza how did you racing go at Ardent buddy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ardent Empty Re: Ardent

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:36 am

hang on still doing write up LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Ardent Empty Ardent summer series

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:23 am

Well its back to Ardent and as a keen F1 fanatic and of course MEGA DAVE driver ( to you newcomers out there that’s my altered Mardave like Cobra battery holder etc )

I arrived early as this is normally a well attended meeting and I was not wrong there was a few mixed heats like Mardave’s and Tamiya Mini’s in a heat and GT10’s and a few F1’s in a heat these were the over spill . . .

So we have all booked in and 10 full heats ……..

So I was to be in HEAT 1 of the Mardave’s along with HEAT 10 for the F1

WOW another back to back run with F1 then the Dave could I cope . . .

Well it was very nice to see John “ ARDENT “ Dawson having a go with a Mardave along with his TC

Well the first heat and I found my self grip rolling at the end of some of the long and short straights that’s with 42 Shore fronts . . . Hmm lets see what round 2 can do

So at the end of the heats I tried some 44 fronts and it was still rolling so with the help of James we decided to add the super glue to the front outside wall and ready for round 2

Well I’m happy it’s ok now . . . . Well that soon came to a holt as after the long straight its rolling again Ahhhhh

With so many heats . . . 10 altogether and then to break it down so the GT had a heat on there own and the 1/12th guy’s were split we would finish up with 12 heats !
So we had 2 Qualifing rounds and 3 final’s other wise a Very late night it would have been

So with a little more super glue on the top outside edge to help a bit more but the tyre was soaking it up. . . It had more on than I wanted but never the Less time to play

Well just as I thought I was now under steering badly . . .
LOL don’t you love this Hobby

Any way cut a long story short James ran away with the Mardave as per norm But this left John and myself having some fun as we were in our own little race swooping 2nd and 3rd on all three Finals

Well we had a great time with the Dave’s and John did like the idea of our Mardave’s with the 1s LiPo and a 13.5 Brushless. Its like I have said in a few posts a GOOD G2 motor can keep up with us 1s LiPo boys and John had such a car as the long straight seen John & myself doing battle and a little bit of a tussle in the infield so after the race I handed my Tranny ( English Slang for Transmitter / TX ) and He was well impressed by the power and speed that it had and I can see him getting one soon

James was going that fast 15sec a lap that the computer counted 2 laps as 1 LOL poor ole James
Car 1 lap 6. . . . 30seconds .. . . time to set the computer to 13 sec a lap John

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <<<<<<<<<<<<click

Last edited by Gazza_UK on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:37 am

yet again another simply great write up to the point and flowing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 am

Gazza when you going to bring your mega dave for me to have a crack at???? Ardent is the next national round of the serries?????? Smile go on you know you want to.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 am

If its grip rolling in a certain corner just turn the stick less
That's the way to do it if the car is lovely in the infield.

Or if its just in the highspeed corner (End of straight) you either have too much height in the tire and need to run lower foam to stop it biting in high speed. Or just use 46 shore.
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 am

TOMO wrote:Gazza when you going to bring your mega dave for me to have a crack at???? Ardent is the next national round of the serries?????? Smile go on you know you want to.

So u got a 1s 13.5 then Tomo Shocked
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 am

stox217 wrote:If its grip rolling in a certain corner just turn the stick less

Or if its just in the highspeed corner (End of straight) you either have too much height in the tire and need to run lower foam to stop it biting in high speed. Or just use 46 shore.

Yea I think 46shore would have been the best Nick . . . but I left them at home . . . . .DOH!
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Nah I havent got a 1s lipo 13.5 yet but am considering building one. You should run in the supadave class you get a 100g weight benifit against me as i run with my old 4 cells and your car will be much better in the infield.
You should race as you will be there with your f1 anyway and I will bring my f1 and do both classes aswell.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 pm

oh ahhh tempting mate Laughing
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah mate you should definatly do it. As I said you will be there anyway for f1 and as your running lipo like nick you get to run 100g lighter to make up for the lower voltage but that gives you much better handling.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 pm

and thats where the rules are Naff as the Mdave brushless is around a 9.5 possable an 8.5 LOL

the chance of swoping places and having a battle with you will be ZILCH. . .

you get on straight and you gone LOL

Whats the cost to enter any way
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Mate seriously they arent that fast I have had 6 motors off and on a seriously good dyno for brushless motors and they come out the same as the GM 10.5 in power, torque and revs all they do is drain slightly less juice (500mahs over 5min race).

The no additive is a crap rule but it means handling is key not power.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Hard to answer that one Tomo as when we had a 10.5 one in the Dave system still left us standing at Hinckley in fact it was yours LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm

lol i remember but mine is different and I wasnt that much quicker than dean down the straight infact he was quicker out the corners but slightly down on me at the end of the straight. May well have been gearing and driver preference that makes the difference.

Personally I am quicker with a 10.5 on 4 cells than I am with g2 brushless system on 4 cells due to the drivability of the 10.5's with there sensored system.
If you drop a 10.5 in for the national then you won't have any straightline worries and because your 3.7v, you will still get the 100g weight benifit.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am

well thats it now Tomo . . . .

I got to give it a go LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down