Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardent Sun 6th

4 posters

Go down

Ardent Sun 6th Empty Ardent Sun 6th

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:39 am

Well as a few of you know my internet is down so i nipped to my daughters just to do a quick write up gazza will up-load the pics as well.
First of all Mr Moon done a blinding job runing the meeting it went faultless well done Moonie from us all. was great to see the Bedworth lads here again and some cracking racing as well. Beck Wilson drove a stonking race as always along with dad Richard both led the pack on every race well done Becky i think you may put the fear of god in some of the other drives on the 20th. The only time i managed to Beat Richie was when his wheel fell off his loss my gain.
Now the brushless guys were going wicked Ashley Coupland was blistering the pace along with Neil and Phill Sheepy. all ssemed to be haveing a wicked time.
now to poor old Gazza for the first time i had seen him on the rear of the grid but like a good one he battled through the pack Gazzag was on top form as well his car was making some noises but went like the wind.
Speaking to Gazza he said he had esc troubles but you can bet he will have them fixed by next meet.

Old me well i had a second then every other race was a third so at least i was on form as well but not a cat in hell's chance of passing richie or Beck wilson. so i kept a eye open as they were well on the pace and being a gentleman i moved out the way for them to even better their times.
So all in all the day was brilliant the company was great the racing was top notch but if we was to pick a clubman of the day i was say Mr Moon he done a sterling job well done Moonie!!!!!!!
Warren also had 3 improvements well done little man you are coming on leaps and bounds
Now roll on the 20th Feb for battle to comence again.

P.S Snakey you would have loved my driving today but im sure you enjoyed the ELO Concert with Mr Dawson pmsl!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Ardent Sun 6th Empty Re: Ardent Sun 6th

Post  Gazza Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 am

Ardent’s Big Sunday race meeting . . .

Wow we have not had one of these in ages I was expecting this to be full but as we only had 6 heats the day flew by

But we had 4 qualifying and 2 finals and what a day we had I was in play mode with my GT and Dave I wanted the GT to turn in better in the corners and the only way I could do this was with a ESC that had decent brakes and the only one I had was the Tekin which was in the Dave

So I swoped the ESC’s

Well what could I say the GT was fab I just had to find the right DRAG brake strength and it was Mega

Now the Dave . . . . . .

What a let down. . .

No matter what I did with my spare Team wave it just could not pull out the corners so it’s lacking Punch with a 1s still never mind I carried on and then to watch the bedworth lads fly past me I could not understand it . . .

I knew it was a bit slow but even Gazzag out drove me. Then on the way back to the pits I said to the bedworth guys what the hell you got in there

1s and 10.5 . . . WHAT!

Problem solved

They where racing with us last Sunday with 13.5 and could not keep the pace so they went 10.5 and when I found they where using the wrong gearing so hopefully they will be back to normal for the next round

Just for you newcomers out there the standard G2 4cell is still strong in the Dave
but for less motor maintenance the brushless set up we all use 1s LiPo with or with out a booster it all depends on the ESC and 13.5 if you cant keep up with us its down to two things

1. Gearing
2. ESC

The Gearing is possible the hardest one to set up but rule of thumb is motor hot down a pinion motor cool up a pinion you will find some weird settings I can tell you some times I run a 66/28 and other times a 72/30 until you see the track its hard to say but try one and then swop it. . . If your times improve well done if they don’t swop back

The ESC well I have tried a few I can tell you and as we near the BIG meeting on Feb 20th I’m still not sure where the votes will go re ESC to use but it looks like any ESC with out Turbo or Boost ( not sure on timing )
My Team wave RB-S is pants on 1s so I deffo don’t recommend it
( played with gear ratio’s all day no joy )

Now by the look of it the bedworth guys were running the speed passion citrix stox and It performed well be it with a 10.5. . . I would love to try it with a 13.5 but an issue with NO REVERSE hmmm needs looking into

Right pics to load up but there on me Net book will sort them out Monday for you

Gazza

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quick Hide pauls got his camera

Oh all right then

Will it handle ?

Ian racing for a change and doing some car setups

Nice to see these lads back (Neil and Ashlley )

Well the lads sort out the new rack system for the shop

So Thats what Grandads are for

Just get these tyres sorted to beat Gazza is Phil

A very happy chappy is Warren

Richard was not sure how it works but now he can beat Becky

Hmmm triple X

Well whats the verdict Gazzag

Last edited by Gazza on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Yes have to agree with you Gazza big race sunday was brilliant seemed ages since we last did one so was a welcome break from the series. i went with the intensions as useing it as track time and it paid off. i was so pleased with how the car ran on the day.
Also the shop looks very well as the guys were working on it Sunday and it re opens next Sat so looking forward to having a butchers in it. for the first time in my life i seen a Dave as fast as a 12th up the straight with Ashley Couplands car was ballistic
Cannot wait for another Big Sunday race meeting but for now will have to do with the next round of the series all good fun. well this dongle finaly got me out on the net this morning roll on tonight and the broadband should be working again.
Any chance of the pics Gazza
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overson Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Had a great day yesterday running GT with gazza and gazag very close racing even though i was the only 1S car.
also ran my 12th but in with the brushless mardave, good fun but hard work getting round them, had to hold back down the straight as i was faster and almost hit some of them which would not be fair as it was there race.
sorry to the ones i did hit but i dont run brakes as i find it slows me dont to much and the other 12th hit me from the rear.
carnt wait for the 20th. cheers
overson
overson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Why you getting a Dave Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  overson Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Gazza wrote:Why you getting a Dave Laughing Laughing Laughing

Do you mean why not get a dave.
Ive got half a chassis i will look at finishing it off.
overson
overson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 am

Top Man Neil cheers

well you got all the gear just need a 13.5 motor to fit
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  overson Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 am

what rules do you run to.
what mods can you use.
overson
overson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:06 am

dead simple ones

as per Mardave kit really running G2 and 4 cell or 13.5 and 1s LiPo no boost or turbo its that simple

PROPOSED

2010 - 2011 MARDAVE CONSTRUCTION RULES

CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS

STANDARD BRUSHED G2 / STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5

Cars to be Mardave V12 or Caterham 7 based chassis and suspension. The car chassis plate may be drilled / cutout to improve weight distribution / cooling, providing no sharp edges are left. No composite chassis allowed
Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles.
Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used.
Mardave Differentials will be allowed.
Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit.
The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis is recommended but not mandatory.
Chassis top mounting may be changed, altered or removed.
The motor may be fitted to either side of the chassis, providing that there are no major modifications or alterations to the chassis or mounting blocks.
No external bumpers are permitted, although internal foam bumpers are recommended on the front.
Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.

SUPERDAVE

As above but composite chassis allowed

BODYSHELL

Any commercially available Mardave or Kamtec, ( others to be passed by committee ) ABS or Lexan body shells may be used. The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race. Windows may be cut out on ABS shells.
No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a rear wing if desirable. This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
The bodyshell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature
The rear of the bodyshell should remain intact, ie not cutout above the lower bumper line.

ELECTRICS

STANDARD BRUSHED

Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse. (MAX UK rrp £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh’s and be listed on the BRCA electric board approved battery list. Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 unit; At a GP, these motors will be issued to competitors at the beginning of the meeting. Additional ‘control’ motors will be available during the meeting. No other motors are allowed. Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor armatures allowed.
Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed.

STOCK BRUSHLESS 13.5

Any forward / reverse Brushless ESC may be used as long as it does not have a boost /turbo function.
Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns.
Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries. In the short term, 4cell Nims 4.8 volt may be used but with a 150g weight penalty. 3cell Nims 3.6 volt may also be used without penalty.
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.

SUPERDAVE

Any forward / reverse Brushless ESC may be used as long as it does not have a boost/turbo function.
Brushless motors other than the one in the Mardave G2BL system to be 10.5 turn minimum.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed
TIRES

The tires may be changed from the original kit tires
Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed.

GENERAL SETUP

Any commercially available tire additive may be used providing it is non toxic, odorless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tires and tires to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to the start of the race.
Varying types of springs and methods of limiting suspension travel may be used.
Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear.
Minimum car weight is 1kg (1000g)
Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor armatures.
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Ardent Sun 6th Empty hers one for the album

Post  Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 pm

at last i get one

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:39 pm

well you getting there . . . now there will be no stoping you LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:56 am

it was a fantastic day.

the GT was very wild on the rear end but i found out why, 1st the 2 screws on the one side of the pod came out and the rear axle was damaged from that. (i checked it on the spectragraph at work) so im gonna make a new rear axle and probally buy another couple however the zonda shell actually would work a treat on long fast track but round the twisty sections wasent so good.

my dave has now got the orion vortex 14t motor and ESC combo in it and WOW its brillient. it does take a fair wack out of the battery at the end of the race but it was quick, punchy and consistant and i wont be changeing it. the only draw back with it is the reverse takes a while to kick in.
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 am

Gazag i watched your GT10 if was booming mate went like the wind so did gazza's as well i noticed when it had a knock the body started juddering or was that the pod lose mate.
But again i do like the Zonda body shell looked sweet
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gazag Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 am

from the testing today it wasent a knock that did it, it was the loose pod and it never recovered, live and learn
gazag
gazag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down