Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Li-Po "friendly" clubs

4 posters

Go down

Li-Po "friendly" clubs Empty Li-Po "friendly" clubs

Post  coastersteve Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:27 am

Hi there,

Are there any Li-Po friendly clubs in the area? I was hoping to do the series at Bedworth with all the other racers but since Bob Burr has banned Li-Po users from "HIS" track, where else is there to run?

If Bedworth is a BRCA club (It once was) and the BRCA has approved them for us, with riggerous testing from the Electric committee why does the Bob deem them unsafe? Any rechargable cell should be used with caution and never take for granted. I've seen Ni-Cad's and Ni-Mh both go up for no reason but I don't see them banning Ni-Mh's and attempting Solar powered cars, especially after his 4cell push was a complete flop geek .

Thanks in advance and hoping something new pops up in the area soon...
coastersteve

coastersteve

http://www.on-trak.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Li-Po "friendly" clubs Empty Re: Li-Po "friendly" clubs

Post  dirtyghost Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:43 am

Hi there mate.

As far as i know at this point only the carisma class has a lipo ban and all other classes can and do run them as normal.
However i do agree that all cells can be dangerous in the wrong hands or if miss treated, they should all be treated with respect.
With the exception of soft pack lipo's (which i do use myself) as they are a little more susceptible to damage purely buy there nature but with a little extra care i myself have had no problems with them and use them for practice sessions when i can get time at a track to put some laps in.

Cheers Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  gav Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:14 am

Marti you are quite correct in what you say regarding the Li-Po ban this does only apply to the Carisma class at Bedworth-and in my opinion this is also the correct discision . just look at the amount of Carisma racers we have at the club, and i am sure you will find we have one of the the biggest if not THE biggest gathering of racers in this class within the country -we cant be doing much wrong can we??? Ni-Mh in Carisma are very cost effective and can produce (in the right hands) more than enough power, resulting in some very good lap times!
Li-Po's can and are used widely (providing they are charged in a proper Li-Po charging sack) within the touring car classes.
As far as "HIS" club is concerned you will find it STILL IS a BRCA affilated club.

gav

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Gav

Thanks for your input mate grate to have you here, as far as the carismas go i do agree they are quite fast enough running NIMI's and i only use my lipo's for practice with the throttle turned back because i get more laps in just saves having to charge every 15 laps i get about 40 out of the lipo.

Marti
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Li-Po "friendly" clubs Empty lipo's

Post  ShortiePaul Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:15 am

hi mate i dont think lipo's should be allowed in the carismas they will split the class and as gav says the class is most probaly the biggest in the country.
So why ruin something that is going so well so i must admit i hope to never see lipo's in carismas My repair bill will be ten fold
ShortiePaul
ShortiePaul

http://www.rccircuitcars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down