Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brushless clubs

5 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave :: Brushless

Go down

brushless clubs Empty brushless clubs

Post  Gazza Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:08 am

another club running 13.5 & 1s lipo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

brushless clubs Empty Re: brushless clubs

Post  Tomo Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:46 am

How many using mardave g2 system? you got to be impartial with this Gazza.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:48 am

No Idea Tommo . . . I'm not to bothered about it to be honest and untill the meeting in Feb I have no idea how many people run them so untill then we will have to wait and see
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  ianhayle Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 pm

hi there this is my first post, at my local club the mardaves have been opened up to unlimiteds and has worked very wel for the club, though have some very very fast mardaves now, i use a 1s gm120 with sp v3 10.5 witch goes fine but then u have the guys flying around with there s daves, timmes between mardave and tc are now very close and tc have had there fastest lap of the night beaten by a dave. a lot of people say that the mardaves cant really take much more power than the 1s 13t, but it has been proven lol, some of the guys have shocked even some of us other members of the club what the v12 can atually do, to be quicker than fastest tc some weeks has to be good going right ? lol

ianhayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Blimey Ian so are the Tc lads good drivers LOL
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Taunton Ministox Club also run V12

Rules

Mardave V13 Mechanical Speed Controller (as originally supplied with Mardave V12)
Mtroniks ESC's Viper Auto Sport 20 (rrp £16.99) ECO27 (rrp £19.99) ECO20/VIPER20 (rrp £25.99) Marine15 (rrp £19.99)
Ripmax Volcano ESC (rrp £29.99-£34.99)
Novak XRS deleted as now costs £50!

Brushless motor common sense restrictions to run at TMC:
BL1. Only the Mardave Brushless motor/esc system or Fusion Exceed Sport Combo 13.5 are allowed - no other brushless systems (but new systems can be considered on request if sensible/required).
BL2. Programming settings/gearing will be used to restrict performance to level of 'best brushed setup' Anyone wishing to run brushless needs to adjust settings as required to ensure their car can be clearly seen not to be faster than cars with brushed motors (ie by fastest lap and speed on straight).
BL3. League tables will indicate standard cars - so drivers who wish to run standard cars will still see their standings against peers, BL indicates brushless, ESC indicates alternate ESC.

what you recon James for hinckley just use the exceed 13.5 brushless only ?

So seems like the 13.5 combo of the exceed is best every where cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Gazza that's the best brushless set of rules i have seen so far, who came up with them, they need a pat on the back. cheers
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  ianhayle Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 am

one that i know of is good enough to be sponsered so cant be to bad lol, and most tc running good gear like tekin etc. but it has suprised us all in what the car can handle :-) i will put a link up to some vids when get round taking some :-)
here is our rules

At the AGM, the following rule changes were voted in, with overwhelming majorities:

Class Rules - Mardave:

All chassis parts must be BRCA approved Mardave parts, with the exception of extra parts used to restrain and protect the battery.
Any motor, brushed or brushless, up to 540 size may be used.
Any speed controller may be used. Reverse is no longer required.
Any battery pack, up to 6-cell NiMH or 3s LiPo may be used.
"Soft" LiPos are OK, as long as they are adequately restrained and protected. This will be checked by the liaison officer(s) at the start of each meeting. Their descision will be final.
BRCA approved Mardave hop-ups are allowed. This includes strut braces, diffs and 48dp spur gears.
Kamtec internal bumpers and battery trays are allowed.
No tyre restrictions, so any suitable foam or rubber tyres are allowed.
Minimum weight limit lowered to 850gm.

ianhayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 am

PMSL its not april 1st is it cheers

@Marti its a club down south taunton i think
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Cornishracer Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 am

ianhayle wrote:one that i know of is good enough to be sponsered so cant be to bad lol, and most tc running good gear like tekin etc. but it has suprised us all in what the car can handle :-) i will put a link up to some vids when get round taking some :-)
here is our rules

At the AGM, the following rule changes were voted in, with overwhelming majorities:

Class Rules - Mardave:

All chassis parts must be BRCA approved Mardave parts, with the exception of extra parts used to restrain and protect the battery.
Any motor, brushed or brushless, up to 540 size may be used.
Any speed controller may be used. Reverse is no longer required.
Any battery pack, up to 6-cell NiMH or 3s LiPo may be used.
"Soft" LiPos are OK, as long as they are adequately restrained and protected. This will be checked by the liaison officer(s) at the start of each meeting. Their descision will be final.
BRCA approved Mardave hop-ups are allowed. This includes strut braces, diffs and 48dp spur gears.
Kamtec internal bumpers and battery trays are allowed.
No tyre restrictions, so any suitable foam or rubber tyres are allowed.
Minimum weight limit lowered to 850gm.
Not April 1st!!!!-West Cornwall RCCC,these rules were agreed to help save some pennies,in the summer months we race outdoors with tenth scale buggies,the idea being you just transfer your electrics from your outdoor to your indoor machine in the winter.Originally "we" thought that it would be no advantage having so much power as the poor old Dave wouldnt handle it,but great news-they can!and the most enjoyable thing is that there are no fall outs about whos got what,just quick Daves and happy racers!!

Cornishracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down