Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

+2
Tomo
stox217
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center Empty No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

Post  stox217 Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:43 am

No more RACING AT ALAN HIGGS CENTRE

Due to Unprofessional courtesy.

We are currently looking for a new Venue.

Any Idea’s for a new Venue Please Call Graham.

So get looking guys!
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center Empty Re: No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:44 am

The best bet is to get Alex onto aston martin and see if we can go and use their gym again, then we can use our old gaydon club carpet.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center Empty Re: No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:24 am

What about a venue in nuneaton guys as you will have the catchment from Bedworth Nuneaton Cov Hinckley Tamworth let me know could have a massive venue for you
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:31 am

Its too far from leamington which is the clubs base where graham etc come from.
Nuneaton would be further than bedworth to race. Its the same time to drive to ardent.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:34 am

I dont know how you work that out the higgings centre is 7 mins from nuneaton why leamington when its been in Coventry i have a venue but seems you are hell bent on lemmy good luck because Mr burr will be rubbing his hands with glee now mate
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:49 am

Im not picking fault its just most of the racers at ddmcr come from the other direction.
You know how disapointed I was with Mr Burr doing what he's done but anywhere closer to the core racers who have supported the club since the beginning would be most logical. Its 26 miles from my house to allan higgs which i didnt like doing anyway as I used to drive 12 to race now its 32 to race at ardent but ardents different as its a mega venue but its not a begginers venue which ddmcr was and its abit of a get together with mates.

If we could get enough people to afford to rent the place you have in mind it maybe different. I will chat to graham and see what he has in mind.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 am

im 1.5 miles from bedworth but im not going to break into a sweat or lose sleep but as you know im a go getter but this could be the straw that broke the donkeys back as the door is wide open for Burr now well i offered But Alex has put he has his thinking cap on in another forum but what ever you do you need to get your fingers out.
If you wanted to attract the mass then bigger than a shoe box track then go for big and im sure with the contact i have it would be penuts to rent the offer was on the table
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 am

I have been searching for 2 years mate as have 3 other members so fingers defo out Smile
Its down to graham as its his club.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:10 am

Oh well like i say have a venue that would not cost the earth and its massive and that took all of 20 mins to locate
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:31 am

Just spoken to Graham well he phoned me told him of the veune that i can get and also he will make a saving on what he is paying on the higgings centre plus its so large that you could hold gp's there so now he is mulling it over and sounds well intrested
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 am

The hall at the Avon valley place next to Aston has been condemned so that's a no go, would have probably needed umbrellas inside when it was raining anyway!

Alex

Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 am

The new gym built just off site is where i meant.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:42 pm

So who is the committee of the club just out of intrest, i can see from another forum that you are all runing round like headless chickens trying to find a place some of you want it on your door step. its just not about a hall you also have to have public liabilty insurance as well.
The main reason im showing intrest is that come a week two weeks the evil little man will have it sewn up with his club after speaking to Graham he is not to happy with what this guy did as it was a real stab in the arse for your club a dirty under handed trick but dont cry now as some of you have gone and used his venue all to his pleasure.
So guys you need to get the bull by the ears and get sorted before this just becomes a club that was like Leicester (Dave Trantams) died slowly.
The olive branch i held out to you would have meant that at least you had a place near straight away until such times that you could find another or even make it your own place as it was as big as Tamworth.

this is not a dig or anything like that but it would be sad to watch another venue go down the swanny
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Well the wednesday club of MERCC has gone as well due to the fire and thats more Hinckley people with no where to race ?
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  stox217 Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Admin wrote:So who is the committee of the club just out of intrest, i can see from another forum that you are all runing round like headless chickens trying to find a place some of you want it on your door step. its just not about a hall you also have to have public liabilty insurance as well.
The main reason im showing intrest is that come a week two weeks the evil little man will have it sewn up with his club after speaking to Graham he is not to happy with what this guy did as it was a real stab in the arse for your club a dirty under handed trick but dont cry now as some of you have gone and used his venue all to his pleasure.
So guys you need to get the bull by the ears and get sorted before this just becomes a club that was like Leicester (Dave Trantams) died slowly.
The olive branch i held out to you would have meant that at least you had a place near straight away until such times that you could find another or even make it your own place as it was as big as Tamworth.

this is not a dig or anything like that but it would be sad to watch another venue go down the swanny

Public liability is covered under the brca if the club is affiliated.
Were only going to bedworth atm because of what ddmcr has had its room double booked twice in two weeks.
As soon is ddmcr is re opened we will be back there racing Smile
stox217
stox217

http://www.rcbearings.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 pm

We have located venues and are not running around like headless chickens and it isnt fair or right to belittle other peoples efforts in trying to help out a club in need.
The point is DDMCR is a grass roots track for us to have some fun at. It is not a platform to run national events from but a group of enthusiasts comming together to race in a more relaxed and as fun as possible environment.

Bob did a shitty thing but thats upto him and it was within his rights to do so as much as I dont think it was a good idea splitting up the racers for his own benifit rather than the benifit of the sport.

Graham runs the club as it used to be his model shops club but carries it on as he's a damn good bloke. However if he were to go to a bigger venue he would
need Gaydons carpet which me and ryan look after. If there is no on site storage or reasonable guarantee that the very expensive carpet will be ok then we would have to transport it to the venue from my place hence the need for a closer venue.
We would like it closer to us because its our club and as one of the racers that have raced there and supported it for nearly 5 years now it would be nice to have a club that some of the old members can come back to after driving to coventry became too far.

Paul your help is seriously welcome as is anyones in getting us racing again and I am not in any way knocking you help. I know your a very enthusiastic guy and work very hard to get things going but surely the people who should have the say are te people who race there and you have said to me before that you have no interest in racing at DDMCR (granted that would change for you I am sure if the track was larger).
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 am

Tomo first of all no one is belittleling anyone you guys put up you needed a venue i threw you the olive branch yet again no sleep lost if you race in a phone box to me mate. but the offer was there what you all fail to notice is that the little man will coin your racers.
As for Stoxs earlier comment about public liabilty yes the brca cover you but also any venue will require insurance as well.
what ever your venue i wish you look but there is a saying never look a gift horse in the mouth the venue you could have had was no were near what you was paying at Higgings centre. so all the best in your search but as you pointed out in your earlier post you have been looking for 2 years thats a bit strange and in 11 mins i have you a place.
Yes i would race with a bigger circuit if i wanted shoebox racing then i would go to Bedworth maybe you should see and ask what grahams views are think small stay small have a vision and a goal and you will get there all the best as the saying in the dragons den (for that reason im out) you said

but surely the people who should have the say are te people who race there

#Im not telling you were to put a venue just offering some help thats all before the tables are turned as you are aware Tomo you will get people who will do people who will follow and people who will if you sort it out doing all the runing round etc had my share of that mate lets hope you can get a venue that will be there for a few years to come and not a few weeks as that will finaly just kill the golden goose
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 am

surley a Venue to race at be it 20 / 30miles away is better than no venue at all Idea

That way you all still get to meet and chat about say a place you passed on the way to that one and keep it alive

The fact that it is a long way. . . . hell I travelled to hinckley every week on a wednesday night ( 23 milels ) just to race me dave but then again im probley more dedicated than others

Now its burnt out etc I travel to Ardent twice a week and at this rate its gonna be my local club as the Mercc site still says open in 4 weeks on 15th september . . .
Well thats been and gone and still no info on the site so I guess thats it another club finished . . .
but hang on if you get a venue then the MERCC club could merge and run till both of you get a venue sorted

Just an idea

Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:25 am

Your points are invalid paul. No one is looking a gift horse in the mouth, simply looking for somewhere that WE the long standing members can use and reach easilyI realise you found a place in 11min of looking, but maybe we know exactly what we are looking for? Just maybe we know alittle more of what is required to run a club actually having run an INDOOR RACING club........ Not meaning to bite back but it is a simple truth as far as I am aware.

I actually have helped run a club with 3 other guys, in grccc that has hosted more than one national and the 12th euros warm up at Gaydon so am fully aware of what is entailled. I have put in the hours and effort staying up till 3am after a full day of track prep before these events and it sucks all of the fun out of it. I and the others that race at DDMCR race for fun competion and abit of testing nothing more nothing less.

As for think small etc etc etc Is it small to think of simply having fun with some mates rather than trying to become the next ardent?
This is not an exercise in one up manship over bedworth in anyway shape or form as I know of so why try and make this an issue?
Your olive branch would put the club in direct competition with bedworth, why bother? there will always be people who choose to race there even if they raced rc wheel barrows.
The beauty of choice is that if we did find another venue then racers themselves can decide where to race whether or not bedworth has an indoor series.
If its fun and a good venue with NO politics then people will want to race and be there.

Having the Hinkley/mercc club join forces would be great but I would like to see priority given to the racers that have been with the club along time. As I think they were overlooked in the original move to coventry that no one wanted but were left with no choice and been persuaded by a certain someone which I for one would like to avoid being the case again.

My opinion obviously and it in no way represents ddmcr as a whole but these are sentiments I have heard repeated by more than afew of the regular races. However I can ask the guys and see what they think.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 am

Tomo i dont give a dam mate to be honest you keep saying club at this moment in time you have no club so i will keep my gob shut as you have all the avenues covered but again when someone offers help it would be nice to say thank you but no thank you.
I not conviced that you know what you want but just treading water and i for one dont sit around when i want something i go get it and if anyone offers me a olive branch along the way i take it. because any help is good help i cannot belive i am giving this so much thought time when i dont even race there.

As for becoming the next ardent no one said that i said you could grow at the venue thats all you say you would like to see priority given to the members first correct me if im wrong your members will follow your club so priority dont come into it the meaning of the word is club no poltics now what forum have i read that on
Tomo you have it in hand mate so i will say my goodbyes on the matter
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 am

TOMO wrote:
Paul your help is seriously welcome as is anyones in getting us racing again and I am not in any way knocking you help. I know your a very enthusiastic guy and work very hard to get things going but surely the people who should have the say are te people who race there and you have said to me before that you have no interest in racing at DDMCR (granted that would change for you I am sure if the track was larger).
I think that is a thank you?

If a group of whatever size get together and have a laugh and a race is treading water then I would love to race at a club that does nothing but tread water, this is a hobby the cars are toys and its meant to be fun. Travelling to nuneaton with a van full of carpet that I have to roll up and carry back and unload is NOT fun. I couldnt stay late enough at cov to help graham to roll the carpets and pack the track like I did at leamington as it was such a drive home at a late hour, the closer it is the more help Me, Paul, Ryan, Jack, Dale, Mark, Nick etc can be and we are there week in week out doing all we can.

If you could use your skills in go getting and ambition to find a venue within the leaington spa area pref on the a46 side for easy reach by the hinkley racers and with correct storage for the carpet and track for a reasonable price then I would yank that olive branch out of your hand.

Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 am

Have you asked the local schools if they can hire you their hall for an evening?

I think the ideal place for a regular club meet is in a central as possible place to where the members live. Not always possible I know. I would try and find as many possibilities as I could and put it to a club membership vote. Rule nothing out and nothing in until a vote decides.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:48 am

We have tried mate we are waiting on two schools reply. A vote by the members isnt needed because theyre arent many of us and we are all mates and have chatted, just need to confere with gray too.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 am

Just looking on a map and its quite easy to see there will be conflict on any venue as traviling is involved no matter what club is running what

If you just want it in leaminton i dont know how many from Hinckley will travel that far and vice versa

you got to find one half way I guess

So some where bottom of M69 if there is any thing round there Sad
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:56 am

We used to get Dean Gibbs and gang over regularly on a wensday in leamington doing mardaves. Long itchington seems like the best comprimise so far and they have some good industrial units there, southam also would be a possiblity as its not ot bad a run even tho its cross country from sharnford.

Again the DDMCR club is for the existing members, if we can satisfy their needs first but at the same time help others to race then great.
It should remain a fun club and a place for kids and bigger kids to learn with no pressure.
Without this places like ardent will not survive without new blood comming into the sport.
Tomo
Tomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next