Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

+2
Tomo
stox217
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center - Page 2 Empty Re: No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:05 am

yea but you got to get out of the idea its got to be "DDMCR club is for the existing members"

if its been 3yrs then the kids have grown up and cars aint there thing any more more like X box and teenage girls

So if its a new club in what ever place then the kids will pop over . . .
At Hinckley I travelled from Leicester Tony cooke from Melton etc dont worry about distance Tomo when kids are at school and play football / netball / hockey the parents take them all over the place so travel is NOT AN ISSUE
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center - Page 2 Empty Re: No More DDMCR at allan Higgs center

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 am

Gazza we still have little kids joining all the time because its that kind of club and we have returning big kids also Smile
I am putting out there comments made to me by others that is all, I am sure Dale aka marauder could comment as he brings little connor racing and needs to get him home for bed etc.
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJohn Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 am

Thing is, how many parents view our hobby as a sport? Many are very willing to travel when it comes to school sports and club sports, but playing with toy cars may not have the same priority.

I suppose we're lucky here in Crewe because our club is based very central in the town and is very easy to get to. We've also been around for a long time and we're now seeing some parents who came when they were young now bringing their children. We also attract people from outside Crewe, but the I would say the furthest any of them travel is about 15 miles.

I'm perfectly happy to travel for my racing fun and drive over to Ardent Raceway at least once per fortnight which is a 100 mile round trip for me. I race at Cheshire Cat RC Club in Congleton also and that is about 10 miles away. Not everyone though fancies travelling, they may not have have transport and petrol costs a fortune these days.

I suppose a club has to decide if it just wants to serve the local community or try to appeal to people from further afield. I believe though that at the heart of any club the emphasis has to be on having fun for those involved.

MrJohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:43 am

TOMO wrote:Gazza we still have little kids joining all the time.

I thought the club was closed scratch

ok my bad Embarassed
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomo Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:57 am

Apologies Gazza yes the club is on a enforced break not closed as closed means no longer existing. We have members we have possible locations and we have all the equiptment needed. There are kids and people comming into the sport evne from the football teams at allan higgs but if you wish to nail down specifics on something irrelevant then I should have phrased it "there are people of varring ages showing interest in starting the hobby at the current time and would like to join us at DDMCR when it re starts".
Tomo
Tomo

http://Www.oople.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 am

oh u know me so well i love to get things right other wise it not make sense cheers
Gazza
Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2