Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESC Testing

4 posters

:: 1/12th :: Mardave

Go down

ESC Testing Empty ESC Testing

Post  Mardavespares.com Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 am

After all the discussion about escs i thought it would be a good idea to find a way of testing them especially to find out if batches are different or if a esc has been modified in any way. After some research and much thought i stumbled across a post on an amercian forum about testing brushless escs (seems they have the same problem in the stock class out there) there test equipment utilizes a ce turdo dyno and printer, bingo i thought ive got one of them gathering dust, i used to use it for testing mod brushed motors for off road, after some soldering and some new paper for the printer and a few other bits ive managed to get it to accurately test escs giving readings on voltage, torgue, amps, watts and few other bits. I tested my v60 and then tested a new V60 same results i then tested the mrtoniks g2 set on 50% then on 100% different results i am going to test a mtroniks eco tomorrow and compare between the v60 and eco should provide some interesting reading. i will post my final results and pics tomorrow but at the end of it all it will show if a esc has been changed from standard, could be a useful tool at stock spec meetings but why should it come to this ? mardave should be a stock class where all cars and equipment are the same and results are down to driver ability... just my 2 cents lol
Mardavespares.com
Mardavespares.com

http://www.mardavespares.com

Back to top Go down

ESC Testing Empty Re: ESC Testing

Post  Admin Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:13 am

Bang on Russell cannot wait for mtronics results and love idea of posting result maybe some pics

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rccircuitcars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BuddyRC Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am

great idea, look forward to the results. santa rendeer
BuddyRC
BuddyRC

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyghost Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:59 pm

i to look forward to seeing the results of this test, kudos for going and finding the info in the first place and then putting it into practice cheers

.....you dont have a novak XRS you could test also do you would love to see the printout of that compared to the v60 old and new as that's what i use in stock.
dirtyghost
dirtyghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down